UWS Early Exit poll: VA Republican Gubernatorial Primary

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.

In the Tuesday, June 13, Republican primary for the office of governor, for whom did you vote?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Ed Gillespie
63%
Corey Stewart
13%
Frank Wagner
25%

Total votes: 8

BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

UWS Early Exit poll: VA Republican Gubernatorial Primary

Post by BigDave »

In the Tuesday, June 13, Republican primary for the office of governor, for whom did you vote?

Good article about the candidates for governor (on both sides): http://wtop.com/virginia/2017/06/race-f ... y-preview/

More information: https://ballotpedia.org/Virginia_gubern ... tion,_2017
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: UWS Early Exit poll: VA Republican Gubernatorial Primary

Post by awesome guy »

I voted for Stewart and Vogel. AG is sowen up for Adams, whom I personally know and really know his wife better. Lisa is a great gal, even for a Catholic ;) John is a decent guy too.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

Shock poll: Stewart takes a lead: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... p-primary/

The #1 issue for me is voting for someone who isn't Corey Stewart and so I'm voting for Ed Gillespie.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:Shock poll: Stewart takes a lead: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... p-primary/

The #1 issue for me is voting for someone who isn't Corey Stewart and so I'm voting for Ed Gillespie.
Good grief, more Trump hate. Why do you support establishment candidates?
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:Shock poll: Stewart takes a lead: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... p-primary/

Why do you support this guy?

He is so racist that even Donald Trump fired him.

He does not represent my party and if he wins, I will cast my first ever vote for a democrat in a statewide election.
dp-corey-stewart-embraces-confederate-flag-as-a-running-mate-20170409.png
dp-corey-stewart-embraces-confederate-flag-as-a-running-mate-20170409.png (172.01 KiB) Viewed 716 times
corey-stewart-va.jpg
corey-stewart-va.jpg (68.01 KiB) Viewed 716 times
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Why do you support this guy?

He is so racist that even Donald Trump fired him.

He does not represent my party and if he wins, I will cast my first ever vote for a democrat in a statewide election.
dp-corey-stewart-embraces-confederate-flag-as-a-running-mate-20170409.png
corey-stewart-va.jpg
That's BS, it's a shame how hypersensitive you've become on racial issues. Supporting confederate monuments isn't racism.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:That's BS, it's a shame how hypersensitive you've become on racial issues. Supporting confederate monuments isn't racism.
Saying, "we should not remove this historic monument because it is about history" is not racism. He went far, far, far, far beyond that.

It's like comparing taking two pennies from the "take a penny" jar with bank robbery. They're just not in the same league.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:That's BS, it's a shame how hypersensitive you've become on racial issues. Supporting confederate monuments isn't racism.
Saying, "we should not remove this historic monument because it is about history" is not racism. He went far, far, far, far beyond that.

It's like comparing taking two pennies from the "take a penny" jar with bank robbery. They're just not in the same league.
Huh?
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

Jamie Radtke (former Tea Party candidate who ran against George Allen for the Republican nomination for Senate a few years ago) shared this link on Facebook, and said "I agree with every single one of these from my own personal experience. These are well worth considering." http://thebullelephant.com/8-reasons-to ... y-stewart/

I stand with the Tea Party and conservative Republicans. (Stewart stands with democrat Robert Byrd and the democrat-founded KKK.)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:Jamie Radtke (former Tea Party candidate who ran against George Allen for the Republican nomination for Senate a few years ago) shared this link on Facebook, and said "I agree with every single one of these from my own personal experience. These are well worth considering." http://thebullelephant.com/8-reasons-to ... y-stewart/

I stand with the Tea Party and conservative Republicans. (Stewart stands with democrat Robert Byrd and the democrat-founded KKK.)
You haven't proven your point. Other than you declaring him a racist, what evidence do you have?
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:Jamie Radtke (former Tea Party candidate who ran against George Allen for the Republican nomination for Senate a few years ago) shared this link on Facebook, and said "I agree with every single one of these from my own personal experience. These are well worth considering." http://thebullelephant.com/8-reasons-to ... y-stewart/

You haven't proven your point. Other than you declaring him a racist, what evidence do you have?
How many non-racists do you know who have rallies with confederate flags?

We're not talking about removing historic monuments. We're not talking about displaying confederate flags, along with other historic flags, in a history classroom. We're not talking about a civil war museum. We're not even talking about someone in the audience that he had no control over bringing a confederate flag with them.

He willingly staged himself with confederate flags.

Nobody does that in 2017.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

Corey Stewart was for removing history before he was against it. http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/22/va-go ... landmarks/
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

We're not talking about removing historic monuments. We're not talking about displaying confederate flags, along with other historic flags, in a history classroom. We're not talking about a civil war museum. We're not even talking about someone in the audience that he had no control over bringing a confederate flag with them.

So? You're not making your case.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:Corey Stewart was for removing history before he was against it. http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/22/va-go ... landmarks/
Did you read the article? Says he was for renaming a school because it was named after a segregationist and called it a good compromise. I think you're a sucker for establishment talking points.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I don't think BigDave needs to make any case. He doesn't support a candidate who so heartily supports insignia that he finds distasteful.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I don't think BigDave needs to make any case. He doesn't support a candidate who so heartily supports insignia that he finds distasteful.

Derp. Totally not shocked that you support unsubstantiated character assassination. Keep dishonest and hateful.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Derp
is that the new four letter word for "vote"
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote: You haven't proven your point. Other than you declaring him a racist, what evidence do you have?

Derp
is that the new four letter word for "vote"
Keep dishonest and hateful.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I did the same. Stewart and vogel. Not with any great enthusiasm frankly, but stewart seems angry and fed up with the status quo. Right now i'm not sure i could vote for gillespie in the general if he wins. I am through with GOPe machine politicians.

My mind is still open, i haven't been following it too closely. But i could see sitting this one out. At least at the top of the ticket.

quote="awesome guy"]I voted for Stewart and Vogel. AG is sowen up for Adams, whom I personally know and really know his wife better. Lisa is a great gal, even for a Catholic ;) John is a decent guy too.[/quote]
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

I stand with the Tea Party and conservative Republicans. (Stewart stands with democrat Robert Byrd and the democrat-founded KKK.)[/quote]
You haven't proven your point. Other than you declaring him a racist, what evidence do you have?[/quote]

Nobody does that in 2017.[/quote]
So? You're not making your case.[/quote]

I don't think BigDave needs to make any case. He doesn't support a candidate who so heartily supports insignia that he finds distasteful.[/quote]
Derp[/quote]

is that the new four letter word for "vote"[/quote]
Keep dishonest and hateful.[/quote]

I don't find BigDave to be dishonest or hateful.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote: I don't find BigDave to be dishonest or hateful.
That's you
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

oaktonhokie wrote:I did the same. Stewart and vogel. Not with any great enthusiasm frankly, but stewart seems angry and fed up with the status quo. Right now i'm not sure i could vote for gillespie in the general if he wins. I am through with GOPe machine politicians.

My mind is still open, i haven't been following it too closely. But i could see sitting this one out. At least at the top of the ticket.
Yep, no way am I voting for an establishment type. I'm concerned how appealing Stewart is in the general election, but the dems are out nutting and out angying Stewart with their nomination so he may have a shot after all. The democrats are hell bent on nominating crazy this year.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
That's you
How so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
That's you
How so?

Other than you thinking a smear should stand because you have anger?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
That's you
How so?

Other than you thinking a smear should stand because you have anger?
If BigDave thinks I've been dishonest or hateful in my characterization of his opinion, then he can correct me.

It seems that you don't agree with the opinion, so you want to discredit it as hateful or dishonest. That's your problem.