So Oregon State gave a scholarship to a kid that molested a

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

So Oregon State gave a scholarship to a kid that molested a

Post by CFB Apologist »

6 year old girl when he was 15.. Lovely..Awesome.. I guess he is a really good baseball player and that is all that matters. Coming back to bite him/them now though. Scumbag should be in prison. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/10/or ... =obnetwork
133743Hokie

Re: So Oregon State gave a scholarship to a kid that moleste

Post by 133743Hokie »

I assume that as a juvenile that his record was sealed and was unknown when he got the scholarship. It appears that it has only become known now due to a reporter digging into his background before doing a profile piece.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

133743Hokie wrote:I assume that as a juvenile that his record was sealed and was unknown when he got the scholarship. It appears that it has only become known now due to a reporter digging into his background before doing a profile piece.
How does a sealed juvie record show up in a reporter's background check?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:I assume that as a juvenile that his record was sealed and was unknown when he got the scholarship. It appears that it has only become known now due to a reporter digging into his background before doing a profile piece.
My money is on Comey leaking it ;)
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
I was told it was sealed, but he forgot to register as a sex offender on time, which you apparently have to do once a year in Oregon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
I was told it was sealed, but he forgot to register as a sex offender on time, which you apparently have to do once a year in Oregon

If you have a sealed record, doesn't having to register as a sex offender defeat the purpose of sealing it?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

If you have a sealed record, doesn't having to register as a sex offender defeat the purpose of sealing it?
Doesn't make complete sense to me, but that is what I was told from a good college baseball source. There was some registration requirement that he missed, that allowed this to be put in the public eye.

I also heard the victim was his cousin.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Doesn't make complete sense to me, but that is what I was told from a good college baseball source. There was some registration requirement that he missed, that allowed this to be put in the public eye.

I also heard the victim was his cousin.
This kid sounds like a real rocket scientist
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

you would think registering as a sex offender could have some affect on your career or employment, just sayin

messy situation for sure