United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]


UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics


Forum rules


Please be civil.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am
Posts: 8202
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 30095
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
The left is out of their depth now, amateur hour

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:31 pm
Posts: 6279
cwtcr hokie wrote:
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid


Jason Chaffetz said that? I usually like Jason, but every now & then he says some stuff that just leaves me scratching my head like, WTF is he talking about?

_________________
"My goal is to destroy the New York Times and CNN... Once our voices are heard, then Democracy will happen."

- Andrew Breitbart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 9132
Location: New York, NY
awesome guy wrote:
The left is out of their depth now, amateur hour


Chaffetz is a Republican.

_________________
"Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible." - DT(2013)

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 30095
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
The left is out of their depth now, amateur hour


Chaffetz is a Republican.

My statement is still true

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm
Posts: 18524
Location: Fake Dossier Writing Center
Party: Draintheswamp
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
The left is out of their depth now, amateur hour


Chaffetz is a Republican.


Who is resigning his seat to run for governor. He's basically planting soundbites to run as a centrist.

_________________
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants."
- Gen. Omar Bradley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm
Posts: 18524
Location: Fake Dossier Writing Center
Party: Draintheswamp
Trump was smart to blame the botched Hillary investigation for Comey's firing. Dems have no leg to stand on arguing that

_________________
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants."
- Gen. Omar Bradley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 9132
Location: New York, NY
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
The left is out of their depth now, amateur hour


Chaffetz is a Republican.

My statement is still true


Got it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
"Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible." - DT(2013)

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 2914
cwtcr hokie wrote:
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid

Haven't read the quote you're referring to, but Trump can't fire someone in order to obstruct an investigation. He can fire them for their tie choice, however.

_________________
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm
Posts: 18524
Location: Fake Dossier Writing Center
Party: Draintheswamp
VisorBoy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid

Haven't read the quote you're referring to, but Trump can't fire someone in order to obstruct an investigation. He can fire them for their tie choice, however.


The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. Trump can shirt can him if he likes.... he could have even pardoned Flynn if he wanted to.

You choice of words "in order to obstruct an investigation" is peculiar. You're trying to tie this into Nixon when this just doesn't fit. There was no investigation into Trump.

_________________
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants."
- Gen. Omar Bradley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 2914
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid

Haven't read the quote you're referring to, but Trump can't fire someone in order to obstruct an investigation. He can fire them for their tie choice, however.


The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. Trump can shirt can him if he likes.... he could have even pardoned Flynn if he wanted to.

You choice of words "in order to obstruct an investigation" is peculiar. You're trying to tie this into Nixon when this just doesn't fit. There was no investigation into Trump.

What I meant is that Trump cannot obstruct an investigation (any investigation). Full stop. If his intent was to do so by firing Comey, that is illegal. If his intent was to fire Comey for wearing the wrong tie, then yes that would be legal.

_________________
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 30095
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
VisorBoy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid

Haven't read the quote you're referring to, but Trump can't fire someone in order to obstruct an investigation. He can fire them for their tie choice, however.

False

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 30095
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid

Haven't read the quote you're referring to, but Trump can't fire someone in order to obstruct an investigation. He can fire them for their tie choice, however.


The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. Trump can shirt can him if he likes.... he could have even pardoned Flynn if he wanted to.

You choice of words "in order to obstruct an investigation" is peculiar. You're trying to tie this into Nixon when this just doesn't fit. There was no investigation into Trump.

What I meant is that Trump cannot obstruct an investigation (any investigation). Full stop. If his intent was to do so by firing Comey, that is illegal. If his intent was to fire Comey for wearing the wrong tie, then yes that would be legal.


Nope, he can fire the FBI director for whatever reason he wants. Think about it, you're saying a FBI director just needs a perpetual investigation and they never leave office. That's obviously ridiculous.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 2914
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid

Haven't read the quote you're referring to, but Trump can't fire someone in order to obstruct an investigation. He can fire them for their tie choice, however.


The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. Trump can shirt can him if he likes.... he could have even pardoned Flynn if he wanted to.

You choice of words "in order to obstruct an investigation" is peculiar. You're trying to tie this into Nixon when this just doesn't fit. There was no investigation into Trump.

What I meant is that Trump cannot obstruct an investigation (any investigation). Full stop. If his intent was to do so by firing Comey, that is illegal. If his intent was to fire Comey for wearing the wrong tie, then yes that would be legal.


Nope, he can fire the FBI director for whatever reason he wants. Think about it, you're saying a FBI director just needs a perpetual investigation and they never leave office. That's obviously ridiculous.

That's not at all what I'm saying. If the intent is to obstruct, it's obstruction. If the intent is a legal reason, it's legal, regardless what investigation(s) are on-going.

_________________
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 30095
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid

Haven't read the quote you're referring to, but Trump can't fire someone in order to obstruct an investigation. He can fire them for their tie choice, however.


The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. Trump can shirt can him if he likes.... he could have even pardoned Flynn if he wanted to.

You choice of words "in order to obstruct an investigation" is peculiar. You're trying to tie this into Nixon when this just doesn't fit. There was no investigation into Trump.

What I meant is that Trump cannot obstruct an investigation (any investigation). Full stop. If his intent was to do so by firing Comey, that is illegal. If his intent was to fire Comey for wearing the wrong tie, then yes that would be legal.


Nope, he can fire the FBI director for whatever reason he wants. Think about it, you're saying a FBI director just needs a perpetual investigation and they never leave office. That's obviously ridiculous.

That's not at all what I'm saying. If the intent is to obstruct, it's obstruction. If the intent is a legal reason, it's legal, regardless what investigation(s) are on-going.

Firing a director is in no way obstruction, that's crazy talk.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 2914
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
That's not at all what I'm saying. If the intent is to obstruct, it's obstruction. If the intent is a legal reason, it's legal, regardless what investigation(s) are on-going.

Firing a director is in no way obstruction, that's crazy talk.

It sure can be.

_________________
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 30095
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
That's not at all what I'm saying. If the intent is to obstruct, it's obstruction. If the intent is a legal reason, it's legal, regardless what investigation(s) are on-going.

Firing a director is in no way obstruction, that's crazy talk.

Then take it up with whoever said it was.

You did, your thought police claim is silly.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 30095
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
That's not at all what I'm saying. If the intent is to obstruct, it's obstruction. If the intent is a legal reason, it's legal, regardless what investigation(s) are on-going.

Firing a director is in no way obstruction, that's crazy talk.

It sure can be.

Nope, that's a low info claim.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 2914
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
That's not at all what I'm saying. If the intent is to obstruct, it's obstruction. If the intent is a legal reason, it's legal, regardless what investigation(s) are on-going.

Firing a director is in no way obstruction, that's crazy talk.

It sure can be.

Nope, that's a low info claim.

You don't think it's possible to intend to obstruct justice by firing the person leading an investigation?

_________________
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 30095
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
That's not at all what I'm saying. If the intent is to obstruct, it's obstruction. If the intent is a legal reason, it's legal, regardless what investigation(s) are on-going.

Firing a director is in no way obstruction, that's crazy talk.

It sure can be.

Nope, that's a low info claim.

You don't think it's possible to intend to obstruct justice by firing the person leading an investigation?

He's not leading it, he's a political appointee leading an associate director who's leading a series of other managers who is leading the investigation. He's leading an agency and the president can fire him for whatever reason he wants. Comey even explained it, the investigation goes on regardless of the director. You're confusing something politically unseemly with criminal activity.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm
Posts: 18524
Location: Fake Dossier Writing Center
Party: Draintheswamp
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid

Haven't read the quote you're referring to, but Trump can't fire someone in order to obstruct an investigation. He can fire them for their tie choice, however.


The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. Trump can shirt can him if he likes.... he could have even pardoned Flynn if he wanted to.

You choice of words "in order to obstruct an investigation" is peculiar. You're trying to tie this into Nixon when this just doesn't fit. There was no investigation into Trump.

What I meant is that Trump cannot obstruct an investigation (any investigation). Full stop. If his intent was to do so by firing Comey, that is illegal. If his intent was to fire Comey for wearing the wrong tie, then yes that would be legal.


Nope, he can fire the FBI director for whatever reason he wants. Think about it, you're saying a FBI director just needs a perpetual investigation and they never leave office. That's obviously ridiculous.

That's not at all what I'm saying. If the intent is to obstruct, it's obstruction. If the intent is a legal reason, it's legal, regardless what investigation(s) are on-going.


Trump could have ordered him to stop the investigation, and fired him if he refused. You understand these are actions taken in DA offices around the country every day, right?

Of course, this is moot, because he rightly fired him for bungling the Clinton investigation.

_________________
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants."
- Gen. Omar Bradley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 5511
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid

Haven't read the quote you're referring to, but Trump can't fire someone in order to obstruct an investigation. He can fire them for their tie choice, however.


The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. Trump can shirt can him if he likes.... he could have even pardoned Flynn if he wanted to.

You choice of words "in order to obstruct an investigation" is peculiar. You're trying to tie this into Nixon when this just doesn't fit. There was no investigation into Trump.

What I meant is that Trump cannot obstruct an investigation (any investigation). Full stop. If his intent was to do so by firing Comey, that is illegal. If his intent was to fire Comey for wearing the wrong tie, then yes that would be legal.

That's not true.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am
Posts: 8202
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
That's not at all what I'm saying. If the intent is to obstruct, it's obstruction. If the intent is a legal reason, it's legal, regardless what investigation(s) are on-going.

Firing a director is in no way obstruction, that's crazy talk.

It sure can be.

Nope, that's a low info claim.

You don't think it's possible to intend to obstruct justice by firing the person leading an investigation?


here is a clue for you, the FBI employs thousands and thousands of employees, Comey is an administrator but is not actually doing any investigating every. And more importantly Comey testified in his hearing that getting rid of him had not stopped a single thing the FBI is doing and would cause zero harm to any investigation..... of course what investigation, the ongoing one from the intelligence side? there is no criminal investigation active against anyone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am
Posts: 8202
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
That's not at all what I'm saying. If the intent is to obstruct, it's obstruction. If the intent is a legal reason, it's legal, regardless what investigation(s) are on-going.

Firing a director is in no way obstruction, that's crazy talk.

It sure can be.

Nope, that's a low info claim.

You don't think it's possible to intend to obstruct justice by firing the person leading an investigation?


only if the investigation is being done by magnum PI as he was a one person investigating firm (except his butler of course) Or Jim Rockford (Rockford files ya know)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 9132
Location: New York, NY
133743Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
just provided cover for Trump for firing Comey then there is obstruction. How does the moron not get that Trump can fire Comey cause he did not like his tie that day?????

Gawd this soooooo stupid

Haven't read the quote you're referring to, but Trump can't fire someone in order to obstruct an investigation. He can fire them for their tie choice, however.


The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. Trump can shirt can him if he likes.... he could have even pardoned Flynn if he wanted to.

You choice of words "in order to obstruct an investigation" is peculiar. You're trying to tie this into Nixon when this just doesn't fit. There was no investigation into Trump.

What I meant is that Trump cannot obstruct an investigation (any investigation). Full stop. If his intent was to do so by firing Comey, that is illegal. If his intent was to fire Comey for wearing the wrong tie, then yes that would be legal.

That's not true.


Got it.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/AW9VCfsccTz2AO6QlU0WTww


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
"Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible." - DT(2013)

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme by ColorizeIt!