Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Congress taking a stand against Russia

Post by ip_law-hokie »

The Senate Just Put Trump in a Very Awkward Position - Vanity Fair
https://apple.news/AyChyRbO2Rf2ggkqX-HjKUg

Congress expected to pass bill increasing sanctions on Russia and making it harder for Trump to remove them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Congress taking a stand against Russia

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:The Senate Just Put Trump in a Very Awkward Position - Vanity Fair

Congress expected to pass bill increasing sanctions on Russia and making it harder for Trump to remove them.

Fringe Source
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

I like fiction too, though prefer sci-fi.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:The Senate Just Put Trump in a Very Awkward Position - Vanity Fair

Definitely need to punish Russia for its recent actions. Good first step.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:

Justice should only be issued to the guilty.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

We're in agreement on that.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

Not when you keep repeating a lie.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:I like fiction too, though prefer sci-fi.
Got it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-r ... 9406N?il=0
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

If the intelligence community is lying, it's on them. I tend to take their word, however, and do in this case.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

If the intelligence community is lying, it's on them. I tend to take their word, however, and do in this case.
They're not, CNN and the DNC are lying. You've already been corrected on this numerous times.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote: If the intelligence community is lying, it's on them. I tend to take their word, however, and do in this case.
They're not, CNN and the DNC are lying. You've already been corrected on this numerous times.
I've not quoted CNN or the DNC.

For your reference, see the DNI's report linked below. Have you not heard about this?

Here are some key points:
Russia’s intelligence services conducted cyber operations against targets associated with the 2016 US presidential election, including targets associated with both major US political parties.

We assess with high confidence that Russian military intelligence (General Staff Main Intelligence Directorate or GRU) used the Guccifer 2.0 persona and DCLeaks.com to release US victim data obtained in cyber operations publicly and in exclusives to media outlets and relayed material to WikiLeaks.

Russian intelligence obtained and maintained access to elements of multiple US state or local electoral boards.
DHS assesses that the types of systems Russian actors targeted or compromised were not involved in vote tallying.

Russia’s state-run propaganda machine contributed to the influence campaign by serving as a platform for Kremlin messaging to Russian and international audiences.
We assess Moscow will apply lessons learned from its Putin-ordered campaign aimed at the US presidential election to future influence efforts worldwide, including against US allies and their election processes.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3358858 ... from_embed
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote: If the intelligence community is lying, it's on them. I tend to take their word, however, and do in this case.

For your reference, see the DNI's report linked below. Have you not heard about this?

Russia’s intelligence services conducted cyber operations against targets associated with the 2016 US presidential election, including targets associated with both major US political parties.

We assess with high confidence that Russian military intelligence (General Staff Main Intelligence Directorate or GRU) used the Guccifer 2.0 persona and DCLeaks.com to release US victim data obtained in cyber operations publicly and in exclusives to media outlets and relayed material to WikiLeaks.

Russian intelligence obtained and maintained access to elements of multiple US state or local electoral boards.
DHS assesses that the types of systems Russian actors targeted or compromised were not involved in vote tallying.

Russia’s state-run propaganda machine contributed to the influence campaign by serving as a platform for Kremlin messaging to Russian and international audiences.
We assess Moscow will apply lessons learned from its Putin-ordered campaign aimed at the US presidential election to future influence efforts worldwide, including against US allies and their election processes.

They're taking the word of a DNC firm. No agency inspected the server themselves. Remember the Clintons destroyed the hardware?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

They're taking the word of a DNC firm. No agency inspected the server themselves. Remember the Clintons destroyed the hardware?
Bloomberg and Ken Menzel, general counsel for the Illinois board of elections is also lying. Lots of liars.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... ng-mueller
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Bloomberg and Ken Menzel, general counsel for the Illinois board of elections is also lying. Lots of liars.

Yep, the media, lots of liars.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

yep - the media, congress, cia, fbi, Illinois board of elections. All lying.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote: They're not, CNN and the DNC are lying. You've already been corrected on this numerous times.

All reporting the same poison fruit from the tree of a DNC friendly org investigating itself.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote: I've not quoted CNN or the DNC.

All reporting the same poison fruit from the tree of a DNC friendly org investigating itself.
Got it.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:

Should Obama be punished for meddling in Israeli, British, and French elections?
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I'm sorry but other than some dim witted, bubble headed narrative why would Trump care :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

Should Obama be punished for meddling in Israeli, British, and French elections?
Wasserman-Schultz meddled in the DNC primary.. I wonder if she'll ever be punished.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

Anyone who 'meddles' in a foreign election runs that risk. The US has been doing it for decades.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:

May want to actually confirm what actions they took. Speculation and tin-foil-hat stuff is off the charts.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

Because the certainly haven't lied to the American people over the past 12 or so months.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

May want to actually confirm what actions they took. Speculation and tin-foil-hat stuff is off the charts.
I don't know, someone tweeted that an anonymous source told them that their cousin was pretty sure the server the government never had access to was hacked by the Russians.

I say we give the nuclear codes to Maxine Waters.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: All reporting the same poison fruit from the tree of a DNC friendly org investigating itself.
Got it.

Multiple agencies, experts, intelligence officials say there's something there. Trump says it's a witch hunt.

To some, that means it's a witch hunt.