Congress taking a stand against Russia

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Congress taking a stand against Russia

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: Multiple agencies, experts, intelligence officials say there's something there. Trump says it's a witch hunt.

To some, that means it's a witch hunt.
This might be the most intellectually dishonest thing I've seen you post.

You're all in on this soft coup, aren't you? You think you're going to be able to ride this Russia crap for the next 4 years?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Multiple agencies, experts, intelligence officials say there's something there. Trump says it's a witch hunt.

Haha, trutherism!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Got it.

Multiple agencies, experts, intelligence officials say there's something there. Trump says it's a witch hunt.

[emoji375][emoji375]

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Multiple agencies, experts, intelligence officials say there's something there. Trump says it's a witch hunt.

You're all in on this soft coup, aren't you? You think you're going to be able to ride this Russia crap for the next 4 years?
I'm not "riding" anything.
If you could escape from your alt-bullshirt bubble for a minute, you'd realize how stupid you sound.
I'm sure you could explain what you think I'm riding...it should be good entertainment for everyone.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

If you could escape from your alt-bullshirt bubble for a minute, you'd realize how stupid you sound.
I'm sure you could explain what you think I'm riding...it should be good entertainment for everyone.
Everyone has concluded that Russia tried to influence the election, even Trump himself, except a few loyal rednecks on UWS. It's what makes this place special.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Everyone has concluded that Russia tried to influence the election, even Trump himself, except a few loyal rednecks on UWS. It's what makes this place special.

The special part is that if you take the word of "everyone" on the influence part, but don't think there was collusion w/Trump's team, or some grand scheme to rig the election, the TDB will still call you a never-trumper, and all sorts of things, for not disclaiming everything related to Russia.

I truly think they believe what they claim.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Oh, I think you're the one stuck in an alt-ernate reality.

1. Trump isn't under investigation.
2. There is no connection between him or anyone in his administration to a foreign power.
3. You idiots want to start a war over a supposedly "hacked" server whom nobody not paid by the DNC has laid eyes on.
4. Meanwhile, Jhon Kerry is in Iran this week meeting with foreign government representatives, but HokieFanDC doesn't give two shirts about that.
5. I forgot to mention you're a pissgate truther, lol.

The democrats got embarrassed today. I've noticed liberals becoming more and more unhinged since the Comey testimony. I just hope you get some sense in you before you're too embarrassed to post here like Uprising.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Who is this supposed to be directed at? Of course Russia meddles in our politics, just like we meddle in theirs. You might say they're our greatest geopolitical foe.

The fact that you can't make a single intellectually honest post on this topic demonstrates how weak your position is.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Who is this supposed to be directed at? Of course Russia meddles in our politics, just like we meddle in theirs. You might say they're our greatest geopolitical foe.

The fact that you can't make a single intellectually honest post on this topic demonstrates how weak your position is.
Just read this thread. Are you now willing to accept that Russia interfered with our election? We are making progress.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You're a big dope on this. It's a single, highly questionable source. Surely you, in your infinite wisdom, can see this.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Oh, I think you're the one stuck in an alt-ernate reality.

1. Trump isn't under investigation.
2. There is no connection between him or anyone in his administration to a foreign power.
3. You idiots want to start a war over a supposedly "hacked" server whom nobody not paid by the DNC has laid eyes on.
4. Meanwhile, Jhon Kerry is in Iran this week meeting with foreign government representatives, but HokieFanDC doesn't give two shirts about that.
5. I forgot to mention you're a pissgate truther, lol.

The democrats got embarrassed today. I've noticed liberals becoming more and more unhinged since the Comey testimony. I just hope you get some sense in you before you're too embarrassed to post here like Uprising.
I agree that Trump isn't under investigation. I agree that there is no connection between him or his admin, to a foreign power. I have no idea what you're talking about with #3.

It is true, I care as much about John Kerry meeting with Iran as I do about Dennis Rodman going to N Korea.

And on point 5, if you think that, you're a bigger bullshirter than I actually thought.

But, good job, you completely proved my point about how completely delusional you are. This might be your biggest alt-truth post ever. It would be hard for you to be more wrong, without actually trying.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Just read this thread. Are you now willing to accept that Russia interfered with our election? We are making progress.

No. I don't think anyone agrees that has been proven...aside from Hillary, lol.
in·ter·fere
ˌin(t)ərˈfir/Submit
verb
prevent (a process or activity) from continuing or being carried out properly.
"a job would interfere with his studies"
synonyms: impede, obstruct, stand in the way of, hinder, inhibit, restrict, constrain, hamper, handicap, cramp, check, block; More
take part or intervene in an activity without invitation or necessity.
"she tried not to interfere in her children's lives"
synonyms: butt into, barge into, pry into, intrude into, intervene in, get involved in, encroach on, impinge on; More
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

I'm sure you could explain what you think I'm riding...it should be good entertainment for everyone.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

The fact that you can't make a single intellectually honest post on this topic demonstrates how weak your position is.[/quote]

in·ter·fere
ˌin(t)ərˈfir/Submit
verb
synonyms: impede, obstruct, stand in the way of, hinder, inhibit, restrict, constrain, hamper, handicap, cramp, check, block; More
synonyms: butt into, barge into, pry into, intrude into, intervene in, get involved in, encroach on, impinge on; More
[/quote]

I see. So you are OK saying Russia "meddled" in our election, but the assertion that Russia "interfered" with our election is preposterous. Got it.

I'm glad I'm the intellectually dishonest one here.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I'm not "riding" anything.

The fact that you can't make a single intellectually honest post on this topic demonstrates how weak your position is.[/quote]

in·ter·fere
ˌin(t)ərˈfir/Submit
verb
[/quote]

I see. So you are OK saying Russia "meddled" in our election, but the assertion that Russia "interfered" with our election is preposterous. Got it.

I'm glad I'm the intellectually dishonest one here.[/quote]

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: I agree that Trump isn't under investigation. I agree that there is no connection between him or his admin, to a foreign power. I have no idea what you're talking about with #3.

It is true, I care as much about John Kerry meeting with Iran as I do about Dennis Rodman going to N Korea.

And on point 5, if you think that, you're a bigger bullshirter than I actually thought.

But, good job, you completely proved my point about how completely delusional you are. This might be your biggest alt-truth post ever. It would be hard for you to be more wrong, without actually trying.
I'm talking about your fantasy that the pissgate dossier came from Russia. That's laughable. It was an opposition hit piece, nothing more. It contained verifiable falsehoods like a meeting in Milan(?) by someone with the same name as Trump's (IIRC) campaign manager. That's crap you pull two weeks before an election before anyone has time to sort it out. You're a total truther on this.

Thanks for agreeing with the rest of it in conflict with your earlier emotional posts, though. I'm glad you, Trump, and I agree there is no connection. Baby steps.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: I agree that Trump isn't under investigation. I agree that there is no connection between him or his admin, to a foreign power. I have no idea what you're talking about with #3.

I'm talking about your fantasy that the pissgate dossier came from Russia. That's laughable. It was an opposition hit piece, nothing more. It contained verifiable falsehoods like a meeting in Milan(?) by someone with the same name as Trump's (IIRC) campaign manager. That's crap you pull two weeks before an election before anyone has time to sort it out. You're a total truther on this.

Thanks for agreeing with the rest of it in conflict with your earlier emotional posts, though. I'm glad you, Trump, and I agree there is no connection. Baby steps.
Seems like they'd get tired of looking stupid by continuing to believe the same sources time and again, proven to be mouthpieces of the DNC.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:

The dossier also contained verifiable truths that lots of people think came from someone with inside knowledge of Russian dealings. There are parts of the dossier that are true, some that are false.
I'm not sure what you mean by "truther" here. My posts about the dossier are that it is a pile of crap, created to harm Trump. What "truther" stance do you think I'm taking.

And as far as my agreement, it's not in conflict with earlier posts. It's in conflicts with your bullshirt mischaracterizations. There's not really any progress. You're still delusional.

And my agreement is consistent with what I've always said. You're
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
in·ter·fere
ˌin(t)ərˈfir/Submit
verb

[/quote]

Words are important.

Meddling with our politics is something different than interfering with our election. I shouldn't have to explain the difference to a college graduate.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

The dossier also contained verifiable truths that lots of people think came from someone with inside knowledge of Russian dealings. There are parts of the dossier that are true, some that are false.
I'm not sure what you mean by "truther" here. My posts about the dossier are that it is a pile of crap, created to harm Trump. What "truther" stance do you think I'm taking.

And as far as my agreement, it's not in conflict with earlier posts. It's in conflicts with your bullshirt mischaracterizations. There's not really any progress. You're still delusional.

All good opposition research has a bit of truth to it (not sure there is any, none that I've read at least.) To imply that means it came from a foreign power is ridiculous. The document looked pretty amateurish to my untrained eye.

You guys are worse than Obama birth certificate truthers. Wake up and stop dreaming of some deus ex machina to save you. Otherwise, it's going to be a long 8 years.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
in·ter·fere
ˌin(t)ərˈfir/Submit
verb

Words are important.

Meddling with our politics is something different than interfering with our election. I shouldn't have to explain the difference to a college graduate.[/quote]

Whatever makes you feel better Cap'n.

med·dle/ˈmedl/
verb
interfere in or busy oneself unduly with something that is not one's concern.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

All good opposition research has a bit of truth to it (not sure there is any, none that I've read at least.) To imply that means it came from a foreign power is ridiculous. The document looked pretty amateurish to my untrained eye.

You guys are worse than Obama birth certificate truthers. Wake up and stop dreaming of some deus ex machina to save you. Otherwise, it's going to be a long 8 years.
Seriously, what are you talking about? I'm pretty sure most people agree that the dossier was compiled by Christopher Steele, for anti-Trump people.
And he compiled it from lots of different sources, some of which were accurate, some which were crap. The idea that I, or anyone, thinks the dossier itself came from Russia, is your own delusional creation. The idea that there are parts of it that came from Russian sources, is something that lots of intelligence analysts agree, is accurate. And they also think that those sources fed information that had some truth to it, to make other info seem like it could be true. I have no clue what you think is "trutherism" in that. Please explain.

And your belief that I have some deus ex machina wish is laughable. It's the kind of crazy crap that comes from ppl who spend too much time on meme-infested cesspools of nutjobs.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
in·ter·fere
ˌin(t)ərˈfir/Submit
verb

Words are important.

Meddling with our politics is something different than interfering with our election. I shouldn't have to explain the difference to a college graduate.
Whatever makes you feel better Cap'n.

med·dle/ˈmedl/
verb
interfere in or busy oneself unduly with something that is not one's concern.

Key word: or. Different definitions. Did you get an LSAT waiver or something?

Meddling with our politics is something different than interfering with our election. Everyone with common sense understands that the former is much broader.
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Seriously, what are you talking about? I'm pretty sure most people agree that the dossier was compiled by Christopher Steele, for anti-Trump people.
And he compiled it from lots of different sources, some of which were accurate, some which were crap. The idea that I, or anyone, thinks the dossier itself came from Russia, is your own delusional creation. The idea that there are parts of it that came from Russian sources, is something that lots of intelligence analysts agree, is accurate. And they also think that those sources fed information that had some truth to it, to make other info seem like it could be true. I have no clue what you think is "trutherism" in that. Please explain.

And your belief that I have some deus ex machina wish is laughable. It's the kind of crazy crap that comes from ppl who spend too much time on meme-infested cesspools of nutjobs.
You said you thought the information in it came from Russia.

It's not. It actually looks written by someone who knows almost Jack shirt about Russia. It's a fraudulent document. Comey even admitted as much.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Uh, no.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You said you thought the information in it came from Russia.

It's not. It actually looks written by someone who knows almost Jack shirt about Russia. It's a fraudulent document. Comey even admitted as much.
But DC is taking aspects from each side to make a Truther version that is in the middle of each side as well as between facts and feelings.