Congress taking a stand against Russia

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Congress taking a stand against Russia

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:The Senate Just Put Trump in a Very Awkward Position - Vanity Fair
https://apple.news/AyChyRbO2Rf2ggkqX-HjKUg

Congress expected to pass bill increasing sanctions on Russia and making it harder for Trump to remove them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so Trump could have erased the sanctions Obama instituted at anytime, has he? Did he send 56 tomahawk missles into a russia supported air base in Syria?? Yep, Trump is pals with Russia obviously
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
No. I don't think anyone agrees that has been proven...aside from Hillary, lol.
in·ter·fere
ˌin(t)ərˈfir/Submit
verb
prevent (a process or activity) from continuing or being carried out properly.
"a job would interfere with his studies"
synonyms: impede, obstruct, stand in the way of, hinder, inhibit, restrict, constrain, hamper, handicap, cramp, check, block; More
take part or intervene in an activity without invitation or necessity.
"she tried not to interfere in her children's lives"
synonyms: butt into, barge into, pry into, intrude into, intervene in, get involved in, encroach on, impinge on; More
I see. So you are OK saying Russia "meddled" in our election, but the assertion that Russia "interfered" with our election is preposterous. Got it.

I'm glad I'm the intellectually dishonest one here.
Words are important.

Meddling with our politics is something different than interfering with our election. I shouldn't have to explain the difference to a college graduate.
Whatever makes you feel better Cap'n.

med·dle/ˈmedl/
verb
interfere in or busy oneself unduly with something that is not one's concern.

Key word: or. Different definitions. Did you get an LSAT waiver or something?

Meddling with our politics is something different than interfering with our election. Everyone with common sense understands that the former is much broader.[/quote]

I got it, USN. No, really, I get it now. You are obviously right of course. Congrats.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Key word: or. Different definitions. Did you get an LSAT waiver or something?

Meddling with our politics is something different than interfering with our election. Everyone with common sense understands that the former is much broader.
I got it, USN. No, really, I get it now. You are obviously right of course. Congrats.

No problem. I'm here to help.

or
ôr/Submit
conjunction
used to link alternatives.
"a cup of tea or coffee"
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Key word: or. Different definitions. Did you get an LSAT waiver or something?

Meddling with our politics is something different than interfering with our election. Everyone with common sense understands that the former is much broader.

No problem. I'm here to help.

or
ôr/Submit
conjunction
used to link alternatives.
"a cup of tea or coffee"
[emoji106][emoji106]

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Multiple agencies, experts, intelligence officials say there's something there. Trump says it's a witch hunt.

To some, that means it's a witch hunt.
This might be the most intellectually dishonest thing I've seen you post.

You're all in on this soft coup, aren't you? You think you're going to be able to ride this Russia crap for the next 4 years?
I'm not "riding" anything.
If you could escape from your alt-bullshirt bubble for a minute, you'd realize how stupid you sound.
I'm sure you could explain what you think I'm riding...it should be good entertainment for everyone.
Everyone has concluded that Russia tried to influence the election, even Trump himself, except a few loyal rednecks on UWS. It's what makes this place special.

Who is this supposed to be directed at? Of course Russia meddles in our politics, just like we meddle in theirs. You might say they're our greatest geopolitical foe.

The fact that you can't make a single intellectually honest post on this topic demonstrates how weak your position is.
Just read this thread. Are you now willing to accept that Russia interfered with our election? We are making progress.

No idea why this is so hard for you guys, Russia, China, and USA meddle in elections around the globe every year......... duh
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: This might be the most intellectually dishonest thing I've seen you post.

You're all in on this soft coup, aren't you? You think you're going to be able to ride this Russia crap for the next 4 years?
If you could escape from your alt-bullshirt bubble for a minute, you'd realize how stupid you sound.
I'm sure you could explain what you think I'm riding...it should be good entertainment for everyone.
Everyone has concluded that Russia tried to influence the election, even Trump himself, except a few loyal rednecks on UWS. It's what makes this place special.

Who is this supposed to be directed at? Of course Russia meddles in our politics, just like we meddle in theirs. You might say they're our greatest geopolitical foe.

The fact that you can't make a single intellectually honest post on this topic demonstrates how weak your position is.
Just read this thread. Are you now willing to accept that Russia interfered with our election? We are making progress.

No idea why this is so hard for you guys, Russia, China, and USA meddle in elections around the globe every year......... duh
Do they interfere too?

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Do they interfere too?

Don't know. They certainly meddle, i.e. attempt to get into and try and mess with, but not sure if they actually interfere, i.e. successful action as a result of their meddling. Meddle:Attempt, Interfere:Succeed. Semantics is a bitch.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Everyone has concluded that Russia tried to influence the election, even Trump himself, except a few loyal rednecks on UWS. It's what makes this place special.

Do they interfere too?

Don't know. They certainly meddle, i.e. attempt to get into and try and mess with, but not sure if they actually interfere, i.e. successful action as a result of their meddling. Meddle:Attempt, Interfere:Succeed. Semantics is a bitch.
That's awesome.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:They certainly meddle, i.e. attempt to get into and try and mess with, but not sure if they actually interfere, i.e. successful action as a result of their meddling. Meddle:Attempt, Interfere:Succeed. Semantics is a bitch.
Correct. IP understands the distinction and is playing stupid to try and bait people into the Dems position.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Do they interfere too?

That's awesome.

No, that's numbers
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Just read this thread. Are you now willing to accept that Russia interfered with our election? We are making progress.

Do they interfere too?

That's awesome.

No, that's numbers
I'm sure you could find a dictionary definition that expounds on this big meddle/interference distinction.

Why do they still call is pass interference when the WR catches the ball? Isn't that pass meddling?

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Why do they still call is pass interference when the WR catches the ball? Isn't that pass meddling?

It's pass interference not catch interference.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Do they interfere too?

That's awesome.

No, that's numbers
I'm sure you could find a dictionary definition that expounds on this big meddle/interference distinction.

Why do they still call is pass interference when the WR catches the ball? Isn't that pass meddling?

You guys are missing the important part, "in" vs "with". Meddle with, meddle in, interfere with, interfere in, etc.

Russia meddled in our election, Russia interfered in our election. Russia wasn't successful in interfering with our election.

In the larger picture, I'm not sure it matters. Their goal is different than when the US meddles in elections. The US is generally pretty open about supporting a certain candidate and working to get them elected. Russia isn't doing that, they are trying to spread chaos. Everyone should be concerned and want to do what we can to understand how they are doing it, and to stop it.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Why do they still call is pass interference when the WR catches the ball? Isn't that pass meddling?

and yet sometimes the pass is still made, albeit interfered (really meddled) with. Weird.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Do they interfere too?

That's awesome.

No, that's numbers

Because the DB succeeded in interfering, thus the flag (and why "pass meddling" isn't a penalty). Just because he interfered doesn't mean the pass can't still be completed.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Don't know. They certainly meddle, i.e. attempt to get into and try and mess with, but not sure if they actually interfere, i.e. successful action as a result of their meddling. Meddle:Attempt, Interfere:Succeed. Semantics is a bitch.[/quote]

That's awesome.

No, that's numbers[/quote]

Because the DB succeeded in interfering, thus the flag (and why "pass meddling" isn't a penalty). Just because he interfered doesn't mean the pass can't still be completed.[/quote]

This bullshit gets better and better. Thanks guys.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Repeat after me:
Burger.... nothing burger
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Sasha Obama's real first name is ... Natasha, she's Russian!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:

That's going to leave a stain. :mrgreen:
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Sure hope IP doesn't have a job where interpreting text is important.
:mrgreen: ;)
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

In the larger picture, I'm not sure it matters. Their goal is different than when the US meddles in elections. The US is generally pretty open about supporting a certain candidate and working to get them elected. Russia isn't doing that, they are trying to spread chaos. Everyone should be concerned and want to do what we can to understand how they are doing it, and to stop it.[/quote]

How exactly is it different, the Russians did what to spread chaos? please explain. They wrote Hillary's emails or put an illegal server in her basement?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:In the larger picture, I'm not sure it matters. Their goal is different than when the US meddles in elections. The US is generally pretty open about supporting a certain candidate and working to get them elected. Russia isn't doing that, they are trying to spread chaos. Everyone should be concerned and want to do what we can to understand how they are doing it, and to stop it.
How exactly is it different, the Russians did what to spread chaos? please explain. They wrote Hillary's emails or put an illegal server in her basement?[/quote]

These 2 things are different, "supporting a certain candidate" and "trying to spread chaos".
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Sure hope IP doesn't have a job where interpreting text is important.
You guys are full of excrement.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:In the larger picture, I'm not sure it matters. Their goal is different than when the US meddles in elections. The US is generally pretty open about supporting a certain candidate and working to get them elected. Russia isn't doing that, they are trying to spread chaos. Everyone should be concerned and want to do what we can to understand how they are doing it, and to stop it.
How exactly is it different, the Russians did what to spread chaos? please explain. They wrote Hillary's emails or put an illegal server in her basement?
These 2 things are different, "supporting a certain candidate" and "trying to spread chaos".[/quote]

lets try again, how exactly were they spreading chaos? politics has been in the gutter for decades, what chaos. I am just looking for answers, you throw out a bunch of great lines with nothing behind them
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Sure hope IP doesn't have a job where interpreting text is important.
You guys are full of excrement.
discussion is hard :cry: