Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

I mean who among us hasn't covered up murder? Amiright cwtcr

Post by Florida Hokie »

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/penn-state-fr ... ories.html

Those crazy college kids and their shenanigans.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: I mean who among us hasn't covered up murder? Amiright c

Post by nolanvt »

Things happen when kids get drunk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/gma/penn-state-fr ... ories.html

yes, drunk people do stupid things, base fact is that a human chose to drink in excess, the frat did not hold him down and force alkeehawl down his throat. Sorry this happened to the kid but in about three weeks across America young people will drink in excess and die or be seriously injured. If the kid drinks at home and falls down the apt stairs killing him do you charge the neighbors for not calling 911 even though they may have heard a thump. Do you charge the beer company or the super market for selling him the beer? Or do you charge the truck driver who delivered the beer or the warehouse guy that stacked the beer?

The problem I have with the case is nobody forced the guy to participate in the frats activities or forced him to drink, he CHOSE TO DRINK IN EXCESS, peer pressure is not required to be adhered to. It is callous that nobody called 911 for him, in my time at VT I saw many people really effed up at parties, I never called 911 for them, I guess I could be charged if any of them died, whew, dodged a bullet

And yes, this weekend, and esp, in a few weeks when colleges go back into full session there will be alkeehawl and drug deaths that occur, get ready to charge anybody even remotely involved (but don't put any blame on the human that made bad choices)
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

[quote="cwtcr hokie"][quote="Florida Hokie"][url]https://www.yahoo.com/gma/penn-state-fr ... ories.html[/url]

Those crazy college kids and their shenanigans.[/quote]

yes, drunk people do stupid things, base fact is that a human chose to drink in excess, the frat did not hold him down and force alkeehawl down his throat. Sorry this happened to the kid but in about three weeks across America young people will drink in excess and die or be seriously injured. If the kid drinks at home and falls down the apt stairs killing him do you charge the neighbors for not calling 911 even though they may have heard a thump. Do you charge the beer company or the super market for selling him the beer? Or do you charge the truck driver who delivered the beer or the warehouse guy that stacked the beer?

The problem I have with the case is nobody forced the guy to participate in the frats activities or forced him to drink, he CHOSE TO DRINK IN EXCESS, peer pressure is not required to be adhered to. It is callous that nobody called 911 for him, in my time at VT I saw many people really effed up at parties, I never called 911 for them, I guess I could be charged if any of them died, whew, dodged a bullet

And yes, this weekend, and esp, in a few weeks when colleges go back into full session there will be alkeehawl and drug deaths that occur, get ready to charge anybody even remotely involved (but don't put any blame on the human that made bad choices)[/quote]

Of course he made bad choices. So did a lot of those frat clowns. I've been to a lot of raucous parties and I've never seen anything like what's been reported in this case.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/gma/penn-state-fr ... ories.html

And yes, this weekend, and esp, in a few weeks when colleges go back into full session there will be alkeehawl and drug deaths that occur, get ready to charge anybody even remotely involved (but don't put any blame on the human that made bad choices)
Of course he made bad choices. So did a lot of those frat clowns. I've been to a lot of raucous parties and I've never seen anything like what's been reported in this case.
I agree with you, everyone involved was being an idiot, but I saw many people that were really messed up while at VT, I partied a lot, almost failed out my freshman year as
I partied way too much. And I know that more college kids will kill themselves with alkeehawl every weekend. These days kids drink a lot harder than even I used to. Of course I survived and grew up, heck it takes me prob 6 months or more to even drink a fifth of bourbon these days. Take the emotions out of this though and for the court case that is a different matter. I think the frat boys will get convicted, americans have to blame someone for everything these days (except for the person that is actually responsible for their own actions)