United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]


UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics


Forum rules


Please be civil.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm
Posts: 20585
Party: Draintheswamp
This is making the rounds this morning.

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/v ... n-in-stem/

_________________
“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”

― P.J. O'Rourke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:31 pm
Posts: 6896
USN_Hokie wrote:
This is making the rounds this morning.

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/v ... n-in-stem/


TSL recently ran its (now annual) poll asking its readers its opinion of Sands. He still gets high marks from most of their readers which is quite stunning to me. The guy is a divisive left wing ideologue trying to bring Berkeley values to Blacksburg.

Perhaps they are supportive of him because of the recently success of the football & bball teams, but most of that credit should go to Babcock, Fuente, & Williams.

EDT: I realize this grant has not much to do with Sands, but I just needed to rant a bit.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 5588
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican
I assume they will be using the $1 million to get rid of the women's studies department?

If you want more women and minorities in STEM, then stop convincing women and minorities to major in women's studies, African American studies, etc.

_________________
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:02 am
Posts: 79
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Independent
Sounds like a good idea. There's probably not enough Asians in STEM.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:31 pm
Posts: 6896
BigDave wrote:
I assume they will be using the $1 million to get rid of the women's studies department?

If you want more women and minorities in STEM, then stop convincing women and minorities to major in women's studies, African American studies, etc.


Some local schools here have recently changed STEM to STEAM, where the "A" stands for Arts. So if this happens at VT, they could easily make the divisional studies programs (women's studies, gay studies, transgendered studies, black studies, etc.) to be part of it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 pm
Posts: 9091
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
This is making the rounds this morning.

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/v ... n-in-stem/


TSL recently ran its (now annual) poll asking its readers its opinion of Sands. He still gets high marks from most of their readers which is quite stunning to me. The guy is a divisive left wing ideologue trying to bring Berkeley values to Blacksburg.

Perhaps they are supportive of him because of the recently success of the football & bball teams, but most of that credit should go to Babcock, Fuente, & Williams.

EDT: I realize this grant has not much to do with Sands, but I just needed to rant a bit.


Who hired Babcock?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
I love UWS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am
Posts: 9729
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
This is making the rounds this morning.

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/v ... n-in-stem/


TSL recently ran its (now annual) poll asking its readers its opinion of Sands. He still gets high marks from most of their readers which is quite stunning to me. The guy is a divisive left wing ideologue trying to bring Berkeley values to Blacksburg.

Perhaps they are supportive of him because of the recently success of the football & bball teams, but most of that credit should go to Babcock, Fuente, & Williams.

EDT: I realize this grant has not much to do with Sands, but I just needed to rant a bit.


Who hired Babcock?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Even a blind squirell finds a nut now and then


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm
Posts: 20585
Party: Draintheswamp
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
I assume they will be using the $1 million to get rid of the women's studies department?

If you want more women and minorities in STEM, then stop convincing women and minorities to major in women's studies, African American studies, etc.


Some local schools here have recently changed STEM to STEAM, where the "A" stands for Arts. So if this happens at VT, they could easily make the divisional studies programs (women's studies, gay studies, transgendered studies, black studies, etc.) to be part of it.


Yeah, that's pretty disgusting and subverts the whole point of STEM.

_________________
“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”

― P.J. O'Rourke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:31 pm
Posts: 6896
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
This is making the rounds this morning.

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/v ... n-in-stem/


TSL recently ran its (now annual) poll asking its readers its opinion of Sands. He still gets high marks from most of their readers which is quite stunning to me. The guy is a divisive left wing ideologue trying to bring Berkeley values to Blacksburg.

Perhaps they are supportive of him because of the recently success of the football & bball teams, but most of that credit should go to Babcock, Fuente, & Williams.

EDT: I realize this grant has not much to do with Sands, but I just needed to rant a bit.


Who hired Babcock?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


So one good hire means we have to like everything else he does? There's some logic for ya.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am
Posts: 9729
USN_Hokie wrote:
This is making the rounds this morning.

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/v ... n-in-stem/


that $1m is coming from some tax dollars somewhere, great use of it, wonder how many people that would feed?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: