United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:46 am

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]


UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics


Forum rules


Please be civil.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am
Posts: 7771
in getting Trump out of office, Pence is more republican than Trump ever was and one of the politicians. Squeaky clean and can get alot of stuff thru congress with the repub majority.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 8963
They aren't worried about Pence. If getting rid of Trump comes to fruition, the system will have broken, which is Che-fan nirvana


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 5181
They are anticipating the attacks on Trump running up to the 2018 election and thereby weakening the republicans to the extent that they lose both the house and the senate, in effect making Pence impotent.

They have to keep Trump off balance until then so that a republican WH, house and senate can't get anything done.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:02 am
Posts: 71
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Independent
Pence is far more acceptable to the establishment. Right now, the Dems and a good portion of the Pubs feel that Trump cannot be trusted with foreign policy. An anti-Russia, anti-Syrian government position is simply non-negotiable for them. Trump seems to be leaning more in that direction as of late, but that's more because they've forced his hand, and if anything, they view that as a sign of weakness to go after him more. Pence, based on his debate performance, seems to be more in the McCain-Graham mold when it comes to foreign policy.

Another position that is non-negotiable to the establishment is Open Borders. Trump does not seem to have backed off in this regard, and most elected Republicans at least pay lip service to his ideas on immigration control and a border wall (even if many of them are secretly fond of the idea of cheap labor for their big donors). Again, Pence in that regard is more like McCain, Bush, Rubio, etc... when it comes to Open Borders, and is therefore acceptable to the establishment.

Make no mistake, the Dems will still go after Pence on social issues like gun control and abortion. But they won't try to impeach him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm
Posts: 17487
Location: Fake Dossier Writing Center
Party: Draintheswamp
cwtcr hokie wrote:
in getting Trump out of office, Pence is more republican than Trump ever was and one of the politicians. Squeaky clean and can get alot of stuff thru congress with the repub majority.


You're talking about the people who painted Mitt Romney as a haircut-rapist and misogynist. They had useful idiots like Hoof spouting off about binders full of women for months.

This won't stop if you let them win - that's the point. These idiots have fantasies about making Trump leave office, guilting Pence into making Hillary his VP ("she won the popular vote!"), and then impeaching Pence to get President Hillary.

These people are violent and delusional. Giving in to them is a mistake and will only escalate. Sessions recusing himself from the witch hunt was a huge mistake.

_________________
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm
Posts: 822
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian
I85hokie wrote:
Pence is far more acceptable to the establishment. Right now, the Dems and a good portion of the Pubs feel that Trump cannot be trusted with foreign policy. An anti-Russia, anti-Syrian government position is simply non-negotiable for them. Trump seems to be leaning more in that direction as of late, but that's more because they've forced his hand, and if anything, they view that as a sign of weakness to go after him more. Pence, based on his debate performance, seems to be more in the McCain-Graham mold when it comes to foreign policy.

Another position that is non-negotiable to the establishment is Open Borders. Trump does not seem to have backed off in this regard, and most elected Republicans at least pay lip service to his ideas on immigration control and a border wall (even if many of them are secretly fond of the idea of cheap labor for their big donors). Again, Pence in that regard is more like McCain, Bush, Rubio, etc... when it comes to Open Borders, and is therefore acceptable to the establishment.

Make no mistake, the Dems will still go after Pence on social issues like gun control and abortion. But they won't try to impeach him.


I don't believe for one second that level of hate and rage involved in this has anything to do with disagreements over policy. This is fear, plain and simple. Trump has crashed their party and engaged a mass of voters (including pulling large chunks of the labor mass that dems consider their property). Their control, and more importantly their gravy train, is at risk. Dems and some pubs have spent years continuing to expand the reach of government, adding more and more to roles of dependency and thus creating more and more incentives for payoffs and corruption to become favored or have that control work in their benefactors favor.

Trump is a threat to that on both sides. If the economy grows, people get jobs and become more self supporting and the peasants realize they don't need the gov involved in every day to day part of their life their control and thus their payoffs are at risk. These petty policy differences are nothing but talking points that are being used as surrogates to mask the real goal...prevent him from being successful, even if that means tanking the economy in the near term, because they aren't impacted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 29374
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
Vienna_Hokie wrote:
I85hokie wrote:
Pence is far more acceptable to the establishment. Right now, the Dems and a good portion of the Pubs feel that Trump cannot be trusted with foreign policy. An anti-Russia, anti-Syrian government position is simply non-negotiable for them. Trump seems to be leaning more in that direction as of late, but that's more because they've forced his hand, and if anything, they view that as a sign of weakness to go after him more. Pence, based on his debate performance, seems to be more in the McCain-Graham mold when it comes to foreign policy.

Another position that is non-negotiable to the establishment is Open Borders. Trump does not seem to have backed off in this regard, and most elected Republicans at least pay lip service to his ideas on immigration control and a border wall (even if many of them are secretly fond of the idea of cheap labor for their big donors). Again, Pence in that regard is more like McCain, Bush, Rubio, etc... when it comes to Open Borders, and is therefore acceptable to the establishment.

Make no mistake, the Dems will still go after Pence on social issues like gun control and abortion. But they won't try to impeach him.


I don't believe for one second that level of hate and rage involved in this has anything to do with disagreements over policy. This is fear, plain and simple. Trump has crashed their party and engaged a mass of voters (including pulling large chunks of the labor mass that dems consider their property). Their control, and more importantly their gravy train, is at risk. Dems and some pubs have spent years continuing to expand the reach of government, adding more and more to roles of dependency and thus creating more and more incentives for payoffs and corruption to become favored or have that control work in their benefactors favor.

Trump is a threat to that on both sides. If the economy grows, people get jobs and become more self supporting and the peasants realize they don't need the gov involved in every day to day part of their life their control and thus their payoffs are at risk. These petty policy differences are nothing but talking points that are being used as surrogates to mask the real goal...prevent him from being successful, even if that means tanking the economy in the near term, because they aren't impacted.

That's it, he's bad for their career and personal income via swamp draining and dereg.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme by ColorizeIt!