Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Dimwitty, VA

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
awesome guy wrote:How much Petersburg is that place? Odd that it's a topic today, yesterday is the first time I ever made it to Lake Chesdin. Only real time I've spent in Dinwiddie is passing through on 85 to Charlotte or Lake Kerr or them being one of the few guaranteed wins in football back in the day. Doubt I'll be back to Lake Chesdin much as it was a redneck Mecca, though I may try squeezing my kayak up to that northern part, past the 1 foot shallows. Looks bass-y on Navionics, though need to confirm in person. Then again, there are a million better fishing spots around here for me to mess with all that boat and jetski traffic. I only went because one of my "I can only go twice a year" buddies wanted to take his boat there and had the family pass for father's day.
Don't know...Dinwiddie County was a place we passed thru to our place down at Buggs Island Lake (we never called it Kerr Lake. :D ) Our place was out on Palmer's Point...almost became a graduate of Bluestone instead of Varina but we stayed in Henrico County.

When not involved in baseball we were down there all the time even in the winter...still have quite a bit of family in Victoria, Kenbridge and South Hill.

My Dad sold the place after they moved to Saltville in '78...a lot of good memories down there.
I've tried to tell AG in the past that he sounds stupid calling it Kerr lake. He can't be helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not a bass fisherman, I'm calling it Kerr! Like some people call redfish puppy drum, I'm not buying into it and so am using the correct name.
It's fine with me if you want to sound like a Yankee.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
awesome guy wrote:How much Petersburg is that place? Odd that it's a topic today, yesterday is the first time I ever made it to Lake Chesdin. Only real time I've spent in Dinwiddie is passing through on 85 to Charlotte or Lake Kerr or them being one of the few guaranteed wins in football back in the day. Doubt I'll be back to Lake Chesdin much as it was a redneck Mecca, though I may try squeezing my kayak up to that northern part, past the 1 foot shallows. Looks bass-y on Navionics, though need to confirm in person. Then again, there are a million better fishing spots around here for me to mess with all that boat and jetski traffic. I only went because one of my "I can only go twice a year" buddies wanted to take his boat there and had the family pass for father's day.
Don't know...Dinwiddie County was a place we passed thru to our place down at Buggs Island Lake (we never called it Kerr Lake. :D ) Our place was out on Palmer's Point...almost became a graduate of Bluestone instead of Varina but we stayed in Henrico County.

When not involved in baseball we were down there all the time even in the winter...still have quite a bit of family in Victoria, Kenbridge and South Hill.

My Dad sold the place after they moved to Saltville in '78...a lot of good memories down there.
I've tried to tell AG in the past that he sounds stupid calling it Kerr lake. He can't be helped.

I'm not a bass fisherman, I'm calling it Kerr! Like some people call redfish puppy drum, I'm not buying into it and so am using the correct name.

Better than sounding like a glitter boat runner.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Better than sounding like a glitter boat runner.
I agree that there are a lot of necks down that way.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote: glitter boat runner.
LOL. I've often wondered why they paint those bass boats the same color that a cheerleader paints her nails.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: glitter boat runner.
LOL. I've often wondered why they paint those bass boats the same color that a cheerleader paints her nails.
A bass boat is $60k of gay! I think it started just for the fabulous factor, but it does help with visibility for a low to the water boat.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

made it back to Chesdin this afternoon, it was actually great without the weekend boat traffic. Though still like 5 ski boats, but not enough to make it overly annoying. Got to run my own electronics and that lake is stacked with shad, should be some decent bass in their too with all that food available.
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

awesome guy wrote:made it back to Chesdin this afternoon, it was actually great without the weekend boat traffic. Though still like 5 ski boats, but not enough to make it overly annoying. Got to run my own electronics and that lake is stacked with shad, should be some decent bass in their too with all that food available.
Nice - glad you made out.

Parents have lived there 20 years, and none of us has ever drowned a worm in Chesdin (of course, I no longer live in the area, just visit).

They get pissed about all of the idiots on jet skis on the weekends.
#JusticeForNolan