The gender wage gap is FAKE NEWS

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

The gender wage gap is FAKE NEWS

Post by nolanvt »

There's some stuff out there that whoever was the Man of Steel actor made 46 times as much as Gadot did for Wonder Woman. A lot of actors *only* make a few hundred thousand in the first movie of a franchise (e.g. Robert Downey only made $500k). Saying Gal Gadot is a victim is bullshit because she's going to clean up in the next film.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... man-salary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Re: The gender wage gap is FAKE NEWS

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

nolanvt wrote:There's some stuff out there that whoever was the Man of Steel actor made 46 times as much as Gadot did for Wonder Woman. A lot of actors *only* make a few hundred thousand in the first movie of a franchise (e.g. Robert Downey only made $500k). Saying Gal Gadot is a victim is bullshit because she's going to clean up in the next film.

I know. I've known this for a long time.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

There is no wage gap. Women are elementary school teachers, men are engineers....by the millions on both counts

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Yep. She really was unknown for this sort of role anyway. And yes, she'll be well paid for the sequel.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:There is no wage gap. Women are elementary school teachers, men are engineers....by the millions on both counts

Yep and its no accident. Women are more likely to be teachers and nurses because they are naturally drawn to nurturing jobs. Men are naturally drawn to more analytical jobs. Its biology, not bigotry.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:There's some stuff out there that whoever was the Man of Steel actor made 46 times as much as Gadot did for Wonder Woman. A lot of actors *only* make a few hundred thousand in the first movie of a franchise (e.g. Robert Downey only made $500k). Saying Gal Gadot is a victim is bullshit because she's going to clean up in the next film.

Or Hollywood is a free market? I guess nobody thought of that in their perpetual victim hood. Perhaps better actors get paid more? insane concept, I know.