Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: The Slants win!!!

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote: He cited posts where:

1) I did not call the name a slur.

2) Commended H2 for bringing additional context and history to the discussion.

3) Accurately stated that opponents of the name (which I'm not a part of) consider it a slur.

I appreciate USN doing my research for me to further support my earlier assertions in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The last time I saw a defense that pathetic, Bill Clinton had gotten a Bj from an intern.

Be a man. Stand for something. Own your eff ups. You thought it was offensive and argued in for those wanting to change it.

Nolan could be, in a roundabout way, admitting to being just a troll. He's saying he didn't really believe in the posts he was supporting. So then why support them? Because they were in opposition to "The Usuals", so he was in own words, cheering a position that he didn't really believe in just to be a turd. He hasn't helped himself in this, color me shocked.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote: What does patriotism have to do with this ruling?

because it affirmed the 1st amendment.
Whichever way SCOTUS ruled could be considered as a protection/interpretation of the Constitution, as that is their very role. The opposite decision may not align with someone's opinion, but it doesn't mean that the Constitution is necessarily not upheld.
Some liberal justices have famously argued that governing documents of other countries should be considered when making decisions. Ginsburg has publicly said she prefers the south African constitution to our own. Even conservative justices refer to foreign documents (for example, Blackstone) to help better understand the context of our constitution.
Cite?

Sure.

" I would not look to the U.S. Constitution if I were drafting a constitution in the year 2012. I might look at the constitution of South Africa."

https://foreignpolicy.com/2012/02/06/wh ... n-so-much/

“I frankly don’t understand all the brouhaha lately from Congress and even from some of my colleagues about referring to foreign law,”

“Why shouldn’t we look to the wisdom of a judge from abroad with at least as much ease as we would read a law review article written by a professor?”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2009/04/12/u ... sburg.html

I would call RBG one of the worst associate justices on the court, but then I remembered that we have Sotomayor.
You should kiss Justice RBG's ass.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
You should kiss Justice RBG's ass.

Associate Justice. :geek:

It's going to be fun watching liberals play weekend at Bernie's with the alcoholic, double cancer survivor nonagenarian for the next 8yrs. :mrgreen:
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

3) Accurately stated that opponents of the name (which I'm not a part of) consider it a slur.

I appreciate USN doing my research for me to further support my earlier assertions in this thread.

The last time I saw a defense that pathetic, Bill Clinton had gotten a Bj from an intern.

Be a man. Stand for something. Own your eff ups. You thought it was offensive and argued in for those wanting to change it.

Nolan could be, in a roundabout way, admitting to being just a troll. He's saying he didn't really believe in the posts he was supporting. So then why support them? Because they were in opposition to "The Usuals", so he was in own words, cheering a position that he didn't really believe in just to be a turd. He hasn't helped himself in this, color me shocked.
He's definitely a troll, though I don't think he started out that way as much as he morphed into trollin' nolan as he realized how silly he looked.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

He's definitely a troll, though I don't think he started out that way as much as he morphed into trollin' nolan as he realized how silly he looked.

we know he's one, he's sorta admitting it now. And yep, instead of reflecting and changing after having his views challenged, he went full IP with just dehumanizing us and ignoring what's said, thusly we get the robot responses in 144 characters or less. Oh well.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

we know he's one, he's sorta admitting it now. And yep, instead of reflecting and changing after having his views challenged, he went full IP with just dehumanizing us and ignoring what's said, thusly we get the robot responses in 144 characters or less. Oh well.
I said what I said. I'm sorry if you're triggered by me saying it's not a slur. Have a Blessed Day.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I said what I said. I'm sorry if you're triggered by me saying it's not a slur. Have a Blessed Day.

I'm entertained by such silly back walking, great comedy.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Now that offensive trademarks are allowed, can I go trademark the word f---? If you use that word for commercial purposes, you owe me a dollar.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: The last time I saw a defense that pathetic, Bill Clinton had gotten a Bj from an intern.

I'm entertained by such silly back walking, great comedy.
No back walking. I reiterated what I said, none of those statements being me saying it is a slur. It's something I've thought about, though, and may change my mind later based on additional information, but right now, I don't believe it's a slur.

Even with all that, I'm in agreement with the Court's decision yesterday. I like to side with free speech whenever possible in such legal cases. For example, the Westboro Baptist decision was also controversial, but the correct one IMO.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:Now that offensive trademarks are allowed, can I go trademark the word f---? If you use that word for commercial purposes, you owe me a dollar.
Send me a retainer and I'll tell you.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BigDave wrote:Now that offensive trademarks are allowed, can I go trademark the word f---? If you use that word for commercial purposes, you owe me a dollar.
+1 8-)
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

The benefits of automation and outsourcing aren't just at the McDonald's

https://www.legalzoom.com/business/inte ... iew-d.html
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Being rude, crude and socially unacceptable is the American Way. :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

Major Kong wrote:Being rude, crude and socially unacceptable is the American Way. :D

Exactly... I don't know where people ever got the idea they have a right to not be offended.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.