Can someone explain Syria to me??

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Can someone explain Syria to me??

Post by RiverguyVT »

Who are we helping there, exactly?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
VTDante
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Libertarian

Re: Can someone explain Syria to me??

Post by VTDante »

High-level...we are helping ourselves. There is nothing humanitarian about our efforts.

Assad is a Russian ally.

We (US, our western NATO allies, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Turkey and UAE) want to install our own puppet government for geopolitical interests such as natural resource control, pipeline to Europe, and Balkanize "rogue states" in the region. This will provide Israel and Saudi Arabia greater regional power and weaken Russia's geopolitical clout.

We (US and friends) fund "moderate rebels" which may include factions of al Qaeda, al Nusra and ISIS to destabilize the Assad regime and use Western dominated institutions like the UN to press forward with our coup,

The corporate media support business like Boeing, Lockheed Martin and hire media personalities willing to sacrifice truth for high level government access and personal wealth and fame.

Meanwhile, millions of innocent civilians are either displaced or killed.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VTDante wrote:High-level...we are helping ourselves. There is nothing humanitarian about our efforts.

Assad is a Russian ally.

We (US, our western NATO allies, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Turkey and UAE) want to install our own puppet government for geopolitical interests such as natural resource control, pipeline to Europe, and Balkanize "rogue states" in the region. This will provide Israel and Saudi Arabia greater regional power and weaken Russia's geopolitical clout.

We (US and friends) fund "moderate rebels" which may include factions of al Qaeda, al Nusra and ISIS to destabilize the Assad regime and use Western dominated institutions like the UN to press forward with our coup,

The corporate media support business like Boeing, Lockheed Martin and hire media personalities willing to sacrifice truth for high level government access and personal wealth and fame.

Meanwhile, millions of innocent civilians are either displaced or killed.
We want to at least create an Islamic balance between Sunni and Shia, if not an imbalance in our favor, to counteract Iran.

We want to keep the Russia-Assad relationship in check by staying involved and keeping our hand in the region.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Megiddo :!:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

“Bring the boys back home...” - Pink Floyd

Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Who are we helping there, exactly?
its a shirthole of a mess with a dude that has no issue killing his own citizens in power. The problem across the gulf is the planet needs the oil in the ground so as a superpower the USA had to somewhat try and keep a lid on the countries falling apart.