Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Otto Warmbier Died

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
That’s true. He spoke tough about it on national tv, but, in Kim’s presence, he seemed to take a different approach.
No excrement, really?
It’s tough to tell what realities you guys are willing to accept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trying to get the norks to dump the nukes, prob not the best time to lambast him about Otto. Two very different situations
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:so, you guys critical of Trump's work with NK, esp his not mentioning Warmbier in front of the press and Kim, must think that diplomacy should be directed by the whims of this week's press. The media should direct international relations.

Got it.

If that's your criticism, it is hilarious that you (the global you) were okay with Obama's bowing and apology tour.
Parts of his answer were just stupid, nothing more. It's probably true that Un didn't want a US prisoner to be harmed in that manner. But, he shouldn't say that Un felt badly about it, as if he regrets that Warmbier died. And he shouldn't say that he takes Un's word on anything.
His response makes it sound like the prison camps being rough and bad, is something out of Un's control, when the truth is that he's a sociopath who has killed lots and lots of people, and most likely cares very little about the lives of the ppl he's killed.

So, in front of the press, Trump should've said that Obama was ineffective w/ NK? Yep. I agree.

What you're missing is the whole diplomacy game w/ asian countries, honor, sense of insult, and all that. We know what the truth is. I don't need Trump to stand there in front of the press, cameras whirring, in front of Kim, and saying "he's a liar; his prison camps are a nightmare, and he killed Otto" Apparently, short of that, the MSM is pissed, and the "orangeman bad" brigade eats it up as this week's pablum.

It's stupid of folks on the left to complain about Trump's handling of the Warmbier situation which was set during the last ineffective administration. I truly believe that what Trump is trying to accomplish could potentially lessen the likelihood of future Ottos.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:so, you guys critical of Trump's work with NK, esp his not mentioning Warmbier in front of the press and Kim, must think that diplomacy should be directed by the whims of this week's press. The media should direct international relations.

Got it.

If that's your criticism, it is hilarious that you (the global you) were okay with Obama's bowing and apology tour.
Parts of his answer were just stupid, nothing more. It's probably true that Un didn't want a US prisoner to be harmed in that manner. But, he shouldn't say that Un felt badly about it, as if he regrets that Warmbier died. And he shouldn't say that he takes Un's word on anything.
His response makes it sound like the prison camps being rough and bad, is something out of Un's control, when the truth is that he's a sociopath who has killed lots and lots of people, and most likely cares very little about the lives of the ppl he's killed.
I agree with you that Un is a nut job and does not care about anyone... but he has nukes and he has missiles that can do alot of damage to alot of people so IN MY OPINION it is a priority to try and get the nukes away from him and berating him about a kid that died is not the time to do that.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Got it.

I agree with you that Un is a nut job and does not care about anyone... but he has nukes and he has missiles that can do alot of damage to alot of people so IN MY OPINION it is a priority to try and get the nukes away from him and berating him about a kid that died is not the time to do that.
Somehow I think Ronald Reagan would have handled the situation differently. He was a rugged individualist.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Got it.

Somehow I think Ronald Reagan would have handled the situation differently. He was a rugged individualist.

who knows? Like Trump, Reagan had to fight the left-wing press too.
Salute the Marines
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Got it.

who knows? Like Trump, Reagan had to fight the left-wing press too.
After swimming to Asia from Benghazi, Reagan would have rode into North Korea on a horse and spit Beachnut in Un’s eye, and brought the kid home.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Trump Faces Fury After Saying He Believes North Korean Leader on Student’s Death https://nyti.ms/2VATzot?smid=nytcore-ios-share

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Did Kim order the code red? I don't know. Torturing and mistreating his own people is one thing, and very much in character for all we know about him. But somehow logic says he wouldn't approve of torturing a student from the US. Not that his cronies wouldn't. Once it's done by others no doubt he would try to hide, defend, deflect whatever. But would he risk that and all that it would bring against him on the world stage that he is trying to get recognized on? I don't know. It's possible the guy that ordered the torture is in a gulag somewhere for making a bad decision. I'm not defending him at all, just trying to view it logically, maybe even semantically, trying to think thru what was actually said to Trump.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:Did Kim order the code red? I don't know. Torturing and mistreating his own people is one thing, and very much in character for all we know about him. But somehow logic says he wouldn't approve of torturing a student from the US. Not that his cronies wouldn't. Once it's done by others no doubt he would try to hide, defend, deflect whatever. But would he risk that and all that it would bring against him on the world stage that he is trying to get recognized on? I don't know. It's possible the guy that ordered the torture is in a gulag somewhere for making a bad decision. I'm not defending him at all, just trying to view it logically, maybe even semantically, trying to think thru what was actually said to Trump.
[emoji106][emoji106]

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Got it.

So, in front of the press, Trump should've said that Obama was ineffective w/ NK? Yep. I agree.

What you're missing is the whole diplomacy game w/ asian countries, honor, sense of insult, and all that. We know what the truth is. I don't need Trump to stand there in front of the press, cameras whirring, in front of Kim, and saying "he's a liar; his prison camps are a nightmare, and he killed Otto" Apparently, short of that, the MSM is pissed, and the "orangeman bad" brigade eats it up as this week's pablum.

It's stupid of folks on the left to complain about Trump's handling of the Warmbier situation which was set during the last ineffective administration. I truly believe that what Trump is trying to accomplish could potentially lessen the likelihood of future Ottos.
Obviously, he shouldn't talk about Obama's ineffectiveness. He'd just be setting himself up for looking foolish if he doesn't get anything done. It's been 20+ years of NK promises, that have gone unfulfilled. There's no reason to think that's going to change now.
As to the rest of the post, I agree, he doesn't need to call him a liar at a summit. But, he also doesn't need to say he trusts him, or even mildly absolve him of responsibility. He certainly deserves a degree of latitude for actually getting Warmbier, and others, home. But, the idea that he should be free from criticism is just silly.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Got it.

Obviously, he shouldn't talk about Obama's ineffectiveness. He'd just be setting himself up for looking foolish if he doesn't get anything done. It's been 20+ years of NK promises, that have gone unfulfilled. There's no reason to think that's going to change now.
As to the rest of the post, I agree, he doesn't need to call him a liar at a summit. But, he also doesn't need to say he trusts him, or even mildly absolve him of responsibility. He certainly deserves a degree of latitude for actually getting Warmbier, and others, home. But, the idea that he should be free from criticism is just silly.
who ever said the president should be free from criticism?
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

133743Hokie wrote:Did Kim order the code red? I don't know. Torturing and mistreating his own people is one thing, and very much in character for all we know about him. But somehow logic says he wouldn't approve of torturing a student from the US. Not that his cronies wouldn't. Once it's done by others no doubt he would try to hide, defend, deflect whatever. But would he risk that and all that it would bring against him on the world stage that he is trying to get recognized on? I don't know. It's possible the guy that ordered the torture is in a gulag somewhere for making a bad decision. I'm not defending him at all, just trying to view it logically, maybe even semantically, trying to think thru what was actually said to Trump.

Is it possible, or even plausible, that the leader of a dysfunctional country has more pressing matters on his hands than the management of one inmate?

Or, is it more likely that his hands are on every detail within that hellhole, pulling all strings all the time?
Salute the Marines
ip_law-hokie

Otto Warmbier Died

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:

Is it possible, or even plausible, that the leader of a dysfunctional country has more pressing matters on his hands than the management of one inmate?

Or, is it more likely that his hands are on every detail within that hellhole, pulling all strings all the time?
I’m pretty sure you guys wouldn’t be scratching your ass and wondering about this if Obama was in office.

You guys look ridiculous with your blind spot.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

I’m pretty sure you guys wouldn’t be scratching your ass and wondering about this if Obama was in office.

No. I have no Nork blind spot. It's a hell hole run by evil people. And those evil people running things, have kept the citizenry so in-the-dark for so long, the masses have no sense of reality at all. None. It is truly bizarre there.

Do I think Kim "ordered the code red"? Umm. I dunno. I just don't. Do I think it possible that (like Nazis running a concentration camp) the bodies running the gulag just said "eff it, torture and kill the swine"? Yup. Hitler didn't personally commit all atrocities in 1940s germany. Likewise, I have doubts that Kim is responsible for all the dark creepy shirt that goes on in Nork.

If you think I'm thinking Kim is a "good guy" just because he hosted a tattooed NBA player and Trump (which was freakier?), you'd be wrong.

No blind spot.

The blind spot (here comes the whataboutism) is from communist-loving former democrats who love that system of governance, but nit-pick the individual running it. That's the blindspot.

The left is absolutely blind. Love gays; but don't criticize muslims who throw gays from rooftops. Love communism; wonder about depots like Kim. Hate despots like Kim; love a president who rushed us to that system of governance with every fiber of his ability. Love collectivism; but, only from the limousine comfort of a NYC penthouse. Support border security; but, only depending upon who the president is. etc etc etc

talk about blindspots.
what about... yeah, I know, I know.
Last edited by RiverguyVT on Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salute the Marines
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

No. I have no Nork blind spot. It's a hell hole run by evil people. And those evil people running things, have kept the citizenry so in-the-dark for so long, the masses have no sense of reality at all. None. It is truly bizarre there.

Do I think Kim "ordered the code red"? Umm. I dunno. I just don't. Do I think it possible that (like Nazis running a concentration camp) the bodies running the gulag just said "eff it, torture and kill the swine"? Yup. Hitler didn't personally commit all atrocities in 1940s germany. Likewise, I have doubts that Kim is responsible for all the dark creepy shirt that goes on in Nork.

If you think I'm thinking Kim is a "good guy" just because he hosted a tattooed NBA player and Trump (which was freakier?), you'd be wrong.

No blind spot.

The blind spot (here comes the whataboutism) is from communist-loving former democrats who love that system of governance, but nit-pick the individual running it. That's the blindspot.

The left is absolutely blind. Love gays; but don't criticize muslims who throw gays from rooftops. Love communism; wonder about depots like Kim. Love collectivism; but, only from the limousine comfort of a NYC penthouse. Support border security; but, only depending upon who the president is. etc etc etc

talk about blindspots.
what about... yeah, I know, I know.
[emoji106][emoji106]

ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Otto Warmbier was a moron that should never have been in NK and his parents are morons for even thinking that was okay.

Otto Warmbier shouldn't have died for it and KJU clearly bears responsibility in it.

KJU is not the first terrible despot that we've negotiated with and all international relations with NK can't halt for decades because the Warmbiers are sad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Got it.

who ever said the president should be free from criticism?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your meaning, but when you say, "It's stupid of folks on the left to complain about Trump's handling of the Warmbier situation", it sounds like you're saying he shouldn't be criticized for his handling, simply because Obama screwed the pooch. Or, maybe you mean that it's hypocritical for someone to stay silent on Obama, but speak out on Trump? I'd agree with that, but that wouldn't change whether the criticism is valid or not. There is certainly a lot of criticism of his remarks, that is not valid, IMO.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Otto Warmbier was a moron that should never have been in NK and his parents are morons for even thinking that was okay.

Otto Warmbier shouldn't have died for it and KJU clearly bears responsibility in it.

KJU is not the first terrible despot that we've negotiated with and all international relations with NK can't halt for decades because the Warmbiers are sad.
exactly