Dallas: Gay church butthurt over UMC gay marriage ban

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Re: Dallas: Gay church butthurt over UMC gay marriage ban

Post by RiverguyVT »

My old UMC ex-parishioners are livid. They want more gay in the church. The UMC left its roots years ago. Somewhere in the 70s to 80s, the politics got entrenched, and grew. In the 90s, it got worse. By the 2000s, the takeover was complete. That place is not much different than an arm of the DNC these days.

I'm out, as a member. But I do thank God for the African contingent which seems to be the only block that hasn't lost its mind and gone full Allen Ginsberg. Its funny how these things work. All that evangelism, seeking growth overseas years and years ago, is the only thing saving the current organization from going full U-U
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote:My old UMC ex-parishioners are livid. They want more gay in the church. The UMC left its roots years ago. Somewhere in the 70s to 80s, the politics got entrenched, and grew. In the 90s, it got worse. By the 2000s, the takeover was complete. That place is not much different than an arm of the DNC these days.

I'm out, as a member. But I do thank God for the African contingent which seems to be the only block that hasn't lost its mind and gone full Allen Ginsberg. Its funny how these things work. All that evangelism, seeking growth overseas years and years ago, is the only thing saving the current organization from going full U-U

That's what you get with leftist rot. Everything they touch turns to shiite.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieJoe wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:My old UMC ex-parishioners are livid. They want more gay in the church. The UMC left its roots years ago. Somewhere in the 70s to 80s, the politics got entrenched, and grew. In the 90s, it got worse. By the 2000s, the takeover was complete. That place is not much different than an arm of the DNC these days.

The sad thing, to me, is the ruination of a church (actually, plural, "churches" -where they used to split on micro-protestant matters like submersion in baptism, they now split on "what's more important? Gay rights or socialized medicine?")
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

The sad thing, to me, is the ruination of a church (actually, plural, "churches" -where they used to split on micro-protestant matters like submersion in baptism, they now split on "what's more important? Gay rights or socialized medicine?")
IMO, liberalization of churches is directly related to women in leadership roles. Men enforce value systems, women absorb them.

It's in our DNA. Two tribes fight. The losing tribe is assimilated. The women of the conquered tribe who refuse don't pass along their genes. It's been played out in every conflict, and I think it's part of "multiculturalism" too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/g00/news/ar ... d-War.html
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

IMO, liberalization of churches is directly related to women in leadership roles. Men enforce value systems, women absorb them.

It's in our DNA. Two tribes fight. The losing tribe is assimilated. The women of the conquered tribe who refuse don't pass along their genes. It's been played out in every conflict, and I think it's part of "multiculturalism" too.

One could argue its more due to luke-warm membership. Parishioners not truly believing, but just showing up for their children and social graces that go along with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

One could argue its more due to luke-warm membership. Parishioners not truly believing, but just showing up for their children and social graces that go along with it.

I'd say that's a symptom, not a cause. The feminist movement predates the decline of the church. Parishioners don't believe because the church doesn't stand for anything. Then the church doubles down to try and attract more people, but the watered down belief is the problem.
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

I'd say that's a symptom, not a cause. The feminist movement predates the decline of the church.
OK.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

I'd say that's a symptom, not a cause. The feminist movement predates the decline of the church. Parishioners don't believe because the church doesn't stand for anything. Then the church doubles down to try and attract more people, but the watered down belief is the problem.
Look at the boyscouts...same damn thing.