Reason not a fan

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Reason not a fan

Post by RiverguyVT »

So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Reason not a fan

Post by Major Kong »

Single payer is a comin'.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Major Kong wrote:Single payer is a comin'.
yep, medicare or va care for all, should be fun!

its such a mess now but can't wait for the people railing on how great obummercare is when it does collapse
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Unless the republicans are willing to stand up and vote for a single sentence repeal bill, all else is just window dressing. Trying to keep any part of the original ACA is just a bastard approach on the way to the democrats goal of a national health insurance system.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

133743Hokie wrote:Unless the republicans are willing to stand up and vote for a single sentence repeal bill, all else is just window dressing. Trying to keep any part of the original ACA is just a bastard approach on the way to the democrats goal of a national health insurance system.
Agry'd
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

Even though the bill is 95% Obamacare the Dems are still in total meltdown mode.

One liberal commentator on Twitter called the bill a "terrorist attack on the American people". :roll:
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

FireFuente wrote:Even though the bill is 95% Obamacare the Dems are still in total meltdown mode.

One liberal commentator on Twitter called the bill a "terrorist attack on the American people". :roll:
I assume the old "death panels" accusation will get thrown around, à la RWNJs when the ACA was first discussed. The bill puts a cap on Medicaid spending.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
FireFuente wrote:Even though the bill is 95% Obamacare the Dems are still in total meltdown mode.

I assume the old "death panels" accusation will get thrown around, à la RWNJs when the ACA was first discussed. The bill puts a cap on Medicaid spending.
it started two seconds after it was released, I was on the eliptical at the gym when it came out and schumer was doing a press conference talking about parents having to watch their kid die as they had exhausted all the medicare available.....geez
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

VisorBoy wrote:

A hard cap on actual Medicaid spending or a cap on the rate of increase?

Meh- the whole government is a death panel when a nation institutes socialized or single payer health care. The waiting times and the lack of innovation kill a lot of people...
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

A hard cap on actual Medicaid spending or a cap on the rate of increase?

Meh- the whole government is a death panel when a nation institutes socialized or single payer health care. The waiting times and the lack of innovation kill a lot of people...
Cap on Medicaid spending - in other words, a Medicaid budget. Currently, it's open-ended.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:Unless the republicans are willing to stand up and vote for a single sentence repeal bill, all else is just window dressing. Trying to keep any part of the original ACA is just a bastard approach on the way to the democrats goal of a national health insurance system.
That will never happen. You can't put humpty back together again. Roberts had a chance to strike it down and instead blew it.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
That will never happen. You can't put humpty back together again. Roberts had a chance to strike it down and instead blew it.
And the reason it won't ever happen is because the American people wouldn't stand for it. It'd be political suicide.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
And the reason it won't ever happen is because the American people wouldn't stand for it. It'd be political suicide.
That's a funny way of acknowledging that Obama completely broke the healthcare system in this country and put us on a path towards his ideological goals at the expense of the American people.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
That's a funny way of acknowledging that Obama completely broke the healthcare system in this country and put us on a path towards his ideological goals at the expense of the American people.
Are you suggesting my view is incorrect? That it wouldn't be political suicide? If so, why will it 'never happen'?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Are you suggesting my view is incorrect? That it wouldn't be political suicide? If so, why will it 'never happen'?
I'm saying it was designed it fail. But don't believe me, take Bernie Sanders' word for it (I heard him say it explicitly in an interview before the law was signed) and also take Hillary's word for it per one of her emails.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Yep. The 47%, the takers, got a great deal on the backs of the working public. They would certainly vote against any congressman that takes away their freebie. But if the Republicans had any spine, and any mettle, the would kill it effective January 1, 2018 and create a new bill from scratch. Doing so would let them create true health insurance reform that aides those lower income people while not screwing the 90% that didn't want any change in 2010. All could be done before the 2018 elections and prove to their benefit at the ballot box.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
I'm saying it was designed it fail. But don't believe me, take Bernie Sanders' word for it (I heard him say it explicitly in an interview before the law was signed) and also take Hillary's word for it per one of her emails.
Why will it 'never happen' though?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote: Why will it 'never happen' though?
Because the healthcare system people had 8yrs ago is destroyed.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
And it can never be rebuilt?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
You look like you need some help.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Just trying to get a handle on your opinion - ACA will never be repealed because it cannot be rebuilt or replaced. I couldn't disagree more. Conservatives have been saying they can repeal/replace.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Just trying to get a handle on your opinion - ACA will never be repealed because it cannot be rebuilt or replaced. I couldn't disagree more. Conservatives have been saying they can repeal/replace.
Fair enough. Politicians said that you can keep your health plan if you like it, too.