A good measure of a strong economy? # of SUVs/Trucks sold

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

A good measure of a strong economy? # of SUVs/Trucks sold

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Another sign that America is truly becoming great again! But after the disastrous 8 years, we still have a LONG way to go!

But frankly, I cannot understand for the life of me as to why anyone would not want Americans to buy trucks & SUVs. They are far more safer than the little go-cart / Prisus cars that libs would have you drive. And why would any rational person give up their person safety because of the Climate Change hoax? Only a tard would think that way.

============================

Americans Are Back in Love With SUVs and Pickups
When gas is cheap, bigger beats smaller, cheaper and fuel-efficient.
by Justin Fox
June 22, 2017, 8:00 AM EDT June 22, 2017, 1:42 PM EDT

The car as we have known it appears to be doomed in the U.S.

No, not because we'll all be biking or taking buses or flying with jet packs or riding around in automated vehicles. Sure, a lot of people think that last one is coming soon. Technology analyst Horace Dediu is betting on bikes. And I'm not willing to totally count out the possible triumph of buses or jet packs.

But until that glorious day comes -- whichever kind of day it is -- it appears that Americans will be driving around not in cars but in sport utility vehicles, minivans and pickups.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... nd-pickups

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
VisorBoy

Re: A good measure of a strong economy? # of SUVs/Trucks sol

Post by VisorBoy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Another sign that America is truly becoming great again! But after the disastrous 8 years, we still have a LONG way to go!

But frankly, I cannot understand for the life of me as to why anyone would not want Americans to buy trucks & SUVs. They are far more safer than the little go-cart / Prisus cars that libs would have you drive. And why would any rational person give up their person safety because of the Climate Change hoax? Only a tard would think that way.

by Justin Fox

No, not because we'll all be biking or taking buses or flying with jet packs or riding around in automated vehicles. Sure, a lot of people think that last one is coming soon. Technology analyst Horace Dediu is betting on bikes. And I'm not willing to totally count out the possible triumph of buses or jet packs.

But until that glorious day comes -- whichever kind of day it is -- it appears that Americans will be driving around not in cars but in sport utility vehicles, minivans and pickups.

You must love Obama then. Looks like the decline started again when he took office.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Another sign that America is truly becoming great again! But after the disastrous 8 years, we still have a LONG way to go!

by Justin Fox

You must love Obama then. Looks like the decline started again when he took office.
The reason bigger vehicle sales are up is due to gas prices which is due to the fracking explosion in our country thus leading to a glut of crude. Fatman is crying
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

by Justin Fox

The reason bigger vehicle sales are up is due to gas prices which is due to the fracking explosion in our country thus leading to a glut of crude. Fatman is crying
Yep. And fracking became economical as a backlash to Obama closing off offshore drilling. So he still gets credit via his ignorance and incompetence.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

VisorBoy wrote:

by Justin Fox

Gun sales also exploded under Obama, but certainly not because he wanted them to.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

by Justin Fox

Yep. And fracking became economical as a backlash to Obama closing off offshore drilling. So he still gets credit via his ignorance and incompetence.
Or property rights and economics. It's a cheaper way to extract oil and NG from the ground. It is also much more responsive to supply and demand.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

by Justin Fox

Or property rights and economics. It's a cheaper way to extract oil and NG from the ground. It is also much more responsive to supply and demand.
Only because the cheaper crud was made legally unavailable by Obama. Fracking isn't economical at this price point, when natural supply used.
fatman

Post by fatman »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

by Justin Fox

Neither do f you know what you are talking about. Suv demand is driven more efficient engines, which have destroyed demand, as well as improvements in fracking which have reduced the cost/unit of extraction.

Offshore drilling is down because oil is currently selling below break even prices. Fracking is displacing demand for more expensive deep sea projects.

Now is the perfect time to allow gas taxes to adjust for inflation, rather than subsidizing the freeze on gas taxes with income taxes and deficit spending. Another buck or two tax per gallon would help fund trumps infrastructure projects and deprive our enemies in the Mid East and Russia from their primary source of income.
fatman

Post by fatman »

This is fake news big guy. US auto sales have been strong for years, but have slowed in 2017 as the economy slows down. A really nice buyers market is developing.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Who had a disastrous eight years and how was Obama to blame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

fatman wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

by Justin Fox

Neither do f you know what you are talking about. Suv demand is driven more efficient engines, which have destroyed demand, as well as improvements in fracking which have reduced the cost/unit of extraction.

Offshore drilling is down because oil is currently selling below break even prices. Fracking is displacing demand for more expensive deep sea projects.

Now is the perfect time to allow gas taxes to adjust for inflation, rather than subsidizing the freeze on gas taxes with income taxes and deficit spending. Another buck or two tax per gallon would help fund trumps infrastructure projects and deprive our enemies in the Mid East and Russia from their primary source of income.
I can go in the backyard and pull a turnip out of the ground that's brighter than you. Go troll for tuna, it's more effective and tasty. But when I go offshore, it's full throttle burning twin 2 stroke engines, 4 miles per gallon. Going again tomorrow, barbecuing dead dinosaurs in the combustion chamber. 'Merica, you stupid SOB.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

fatman wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

by Justin Fox

I agree that the gas tax needs to be raised and pegged to inflation