nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: A snowflake is suing John Oliver

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:for hurting his feelings.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/ ... 103105860/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actually the guy likes using lawyers to go after people, yes some of the stuff Oliver said was factual, much of it was not a very disparaging so yes words have consequences when you have the funds to back it up. And Oliver was begging to be sued. I watched the episode. I used to love the show when Stewart was on it as he would go after both parties and it was very funny. Unfortunately Oliver has TDS to the max and rails every night on everything completely ignoring the dem issues so it is so one sided now I rarely watch anymore. For me though not sure it is worth the lawyer hassle to invite a lawsuit, does not make much sense to me
I'm just amused that Murray is such a pussy that he's trying to sue over this.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
That's funny coming from the guy who thinks a sports team name is a slur.
LOL

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

actually the guy likes using lawyers to go after people, yes some of the stuff Oliver said was factual, much of it was not a very disparaging so yes words have consequences when you have the funds to back it up. And Oliver was begging to be sued. I watched the episode. I used to love the show when Stewart was on it as he would go after both parties and it was very funny. Unfortunately Oliver has TDS to the max and rails every night on everything completely ignoring the dem issues so it is so one sided now I rarely watch anymore. For me though not sure it is worth the lawyer hassle to invite a lawsuit, does not make much sense to me

I chuckle at you calling anyone a pussy. Anyway, a lawsuit is what happens when you spread lies. Hilarious that you think he should just let the lie stand, typical passive aggressive bitch behavior.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I chuckle at you calling anyone a pussy. Anyway, a lawsuit is what happens when you spread lies. Hilarious that you think he should just let the lie stand, typical passive aggressive bitch behavior.
LOL!

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

I also find it funny that The Usuals believe John Oliver is so powerful that his HBO show can adversely affect Bob Murray. An interesting turn from the nobody you all used to claim him to be. [emoji106]

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:I also find it funny that The Usuals believe John Oliver is so powerful that his HBO show can adversely affect Bob Murray. An interesting turn from the nobody you all used to claim him to be. [emoji106]

If left wing losers couldn't affect anyone, we wouldn't have the inner city murder rate we do.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

LOL!

You know it's true, you want to attack him via lies and then cry like a bitch when he retaliates. Total beta behavior, don't lie about his business if you don't want a lawsuit.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
You know it's true, you want to attack him via lies and then cry like a bitch when he retaliates. Total beta behavior, don't lie about his business if you don't want a lawsuit.
It's interesting that you're acknowledging that John Oliver is powerful. Wasn't expecting that.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

From what I'm gathering, Oliver should welcome this. Murray is wasting time on this and giving Oliver free publicity. The anti-Oliver contingent shouldn't be happy with Murray since he won't win.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
It's interesting that you're acknowledging that John Oliver is powerful. Wasn't expecting that.

He's where you get your fake news. Not sure what kind of dumb point you're getting at with power, but it's well known to reasonable people that the media can't tell bold faced lies like Oliver did. It's hilarious though how you kicked the dog and then cry about being bit.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

He's where you get your fake news. Not sure what kind of dumb point you're getting at with power, but it's well known to reasonable people that the media can't tell bold faced lies like Oliver did. It's hilarious though how you kicked the dog and then cry about being bit.
John Oliver is not my source of news. He's an enterainer. I get my news from news outlets.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

John Oliver is not my source of news. He's an enterainer. I get my news from news outlets.

LOL, good one!
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

nolanvt wrote:John Oliver is not my source of news. He's an enterainer. I get my news from news outlets.

I knew you were a denizen of fake news and fringe sources :!: :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:From what I'm gathering, Oliver should welcome this. Murray is wasting time on this and giving Oliver free publicity. The anti-Oliver contingent shouldn't be happy with Murray since he won't win.

Pls explain why you think Murray can't win. Under what principles?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:From what I'm gathering, Oliver should welcome this. Murray is wasting time on this and giving Oliver free publicity. The anti-Oliver contingent shouldn't be happy with Murray since he won't win.

For defamation, it has to be from a credible source. Since Oliver is a known liar and isn't credible, Murray would lose. If Bill O'Reilly or someone credible like said the same thing then he'd likely win.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

For defamation, it has to be from a credible source. Since Oliver is a known liar and isn't credible, Murray would lose. If Bill O'Reilly or someone credible like said the same thing then he'd likely win.
Don't forget that this is a nolan "#lock" no-lock guarantee, though.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Don't forget that this is a nolan "#lock" no-lock guarantee, though.
He's right though as Oliver fails the credible person test necessary for defamation. He certainly passes the deceitful and dishonest statement test so it would all hinge on Oliver being found to not actually be fake news, a steep hill to climb for sure. His defense would be "Oliver has never told the truth about anything, only a dimwit would trust him". Case closed IHO.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Maybe Bill O'Reilly will do it on his show tonight...

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:

I'll go with the part about someone lying. Murray already signed a settlement agreement with the Labor department admitting violations and paying large fines, and has settlement agreements with all the families of the dead miners. His claims that they did nothing wrong are ridiculous.
Last edited by HokieFanDC on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Nolan's hero is spreading a lie that the mine accident was from illegal mining activities, setting him up for a wrongful death lawsuit by the families. So he needed to act to stop that lie from taking hold. I doubt he thinks he'll win as Oliver is a known liar without credibility so he'll lose the suite. But he had to challenge the lie to keep it from spreading and turning into something bigger. Our special little fella should understand that spreading lies has consequences.
The wrongful death suits were settled a long time ago. The families already got their moola, brianiac.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Nolan's hero is spreading a lie that the mine accident was from illegal mining activities, setting him up for a wrongful death lawsuit by the families. So he needed to act to stop that lie from taking hold. I doubt he thinks he'll win as Oliver is a known liar without credibility so he'll lose the suite. But he had to challenge the lie to keep it from spreading and turning into something bigger. Our special little fella should understand that spreading lies has consequences.
The wrongful death suits were settled a long time ago. The families already got their moola, brianiac.

Kiss my ass.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

AG has a hard time with facts.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

That's rich coming from both of you. Evidence of impropriety would open it back up to litigation as it's significant new evidence, not to mention regulatory questions. You peons just don't care enough to think before you post.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

That's rich coming from both of you. Evidence of impropriety would open it back up to litigation as it's significant new evidence, not to mention regulatory questions. You peons just don't care enough to think before you post.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Speaking of this moron.......

He uses a tax loophole he bitched about Trump using.......

http://observer.com/2017/05/john-oliver ... cam-trump/
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function