Kaepernick is unemployed by his own doing

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Kaepernick is unemployed by his own doing

Post by nolanvt »

The left wing of the sports media can't figure out why he hasn't been signed, and is even resorting to blackball/collusion claims.

Kaepernick is not employed because given his problems (lightning rod of controversy due to his activism), he's not talented enough to overcome those. At best, he's a starter who could yield maybe 5-6 wins. On the flip side, he's a backup. I want my backup QB to be seen and not heard. I don't want organizational resources being expended on dealing with that nonsense from the media, fanbase, etc. If you argue that he's a starter, I still wouldn't want him. If I'm teams like the Jets (sup ip), I want to go 1-15 next year because I want to win the Sam Darnold sweepstakes. Winning 5 games next year is a terrible result.

I support his right to be an activist, but employers don't have to support them unconditionally. Kaepernick made himself less employable with his actions, and it's his own fault. Fake black dude from the Daily News doesn't understand this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Kaepernick is unemployed by his own doing

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Further to your sentiment, I agree he gets what he deserves. He should not have been so eager to direction attention to himself over his team. I would not want him on my team.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Further to your sentiment, I agree he gets what he deserves. He should not have been so eager to direction attention to himself over his team. I would not want him on my team.

Yup. He's not a bad person and don't begrudge him wanting progress in the world, but his actions went against the culture of the NFL.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Further to your sentiment, I agree he gets what he deserves. He should not have been so eager to direction attention to himself over his team. I would not want him on my team.

Yup. He's not a bad person and don't begrudge him wanting progress in the world, but his actions went against the culture of the NFL.

Progress.. lol
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Progress.. lol
Yes, he wanted progress as he saw it. Doesn't mean I agree with it, but continue to be triggered. [emoji106]

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Progress.. lol
Yes, he wanted progress as he saw it. Doesn't mean I agree with it, but continue to be triggered. [emoji106]

Progress is a cute little term you libs like to throw around, yet it doesn't mean what you think it means...
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:The left wing of the sports media can't figure out why he hasn't been signed, and is even resorting to blackball/collusion claims.

Kaepernick is not employed because given his problems (lightning rod of controversy due to his activism), he's not talented enough to overcome those. At best, he's a starter who could yield maybe 5-6 wins. On the flip side, he's a backup. I want my backup QB to be seen and not heard. I don't want organizational resources being expended on dealing with that nonsense from the media, fanbase, etc. If you argue that he's a starter, I still wouldn't want him. If I'm teams like the Jets (sup ip), I want to go 1-15 next year because I want to win the Sam Darnold sweepstakes. Winning 5 games next year is a terrible result.

I support his right to be an activist, but employers don't have to support them unconditionally. Kaepernick made himself less employable with his actions, and it's his own fault. Fake black dude from the Daily News doesn't understand this.

Nolan said he wants Kaepernick's family to slowly die of starvation and suffer humiliation.
IP, too.

"Basically the same thing"

...about as directionless as a plastic grocery bag blown about by interstate rush hour traffic.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Progress.. lol

LOL, what a worthless definition. Yeah, Hitler and the unibomber and the 9/11 hijackers wanted progress as they saw it too.

You're so afraid to commit to any position. What do you stand for?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Progress.. lol

LOL, what a worthless definition. Yeah, Hitler and the unibomber and the 9/11 hijackers wanted progress as they saw it too.

You're so afraid to commit to any position. What do you stand for?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Progress.. lol

Progress is a cute little term you libs like to throw around, yet it doesn't mean what you think it means...
As long as it's progress as you see it, nolan won't begrudge you. This is what happens when you have a generation of kids who learn their ethics in daycare by watching power rangers and Barney the purple dinosaur.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

I love UWS!

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:I love UWS!

We love you, never leave; never stop!
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:I love lamp!

Don't ever leave nolan.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Meh Kaepernick threw away a fat paycheck and career over some trim.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote:Meh Kaepernick threw away a fat paycheck and career over some trim.
Pretty much
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Kaepernick when to crap as soon as he signed a huge contract. Literally, he became Crapernick as soon as he got paid.

It happens.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Kaepernick when to crap as soon as he signed a huge contract. Literally, he became Crapernick as soon as he got paid.

It happens.

I thought it was the whackjob girlfriend? Likely all the same, get big paycheck, get black radical girlfriend, turn into a whacko to please her and lose it all.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Kaepernick when to crap as soon as he signed a huge contract. Literally, he became Crapernick as soon as he got paid.

It happens.
His vegan diet also doesn't help.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:

It happens.
His vegan diet also doesn't help.

The rare and elusive nolan burn.

... +..... 1.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

It happens.
Yep... Michael Vick syndrome.

A lot of stupid people athletes are incredibly lazy. I'm amazed that the NFL hasn't devised a more incentive-based pay scheme.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

It happens.
He went to crap when his OC left and they changed the system. He is a pure system QB.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

It happens.

A lot of stupid people athletes are incredibly lazy. I'm amazed that the NFL hasn't devised a more incentive-based pay scheme.
They have. It's called the non-guaranteed contract. Most of these guys will never see the dollars spelled out in their contracts.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It happens.

They have. It's called the non-guaranteed contract. Most of these guys will never see the dollars spelled out in their contracts.
Cap'n thinks football contracts are like baseball contracts.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It happens.

Cap'n thinks football contracts are like baseball contracts.
Sure. I don't follow professional sports that closely.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It happens.

Exactly - NFL has it figured out better than anyone.