3 CNN staffers fired after latest Fake News incident.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Attila T Hun

Re: 3 CNN staffers fired after latest Fake News incident.

Post by Attila T Hun »

Drain the swamp
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Lol...all "Russia related" stories must now be cleared through senior CNN executives.

:lol:

"CNNMoney Executive Editor Rich Barbieri has sent an internal memo to all staff instructing them that all Russia-related stories must be cleared by him or another high-ranking executive, following a Breitbart News investigation which forced the retraction of a fake news story claiming the U.S. Senate was investigating an associate of President Donald Trump for alleged ties to Russia."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... etraction/
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

"The scandal surrounding CNN’s mishandling of a very fake news hit piece on President Donald Trump and his associates grows bigger on Sunday night as the network’s president Jeff Zucker and public relations team are refusing to comment to anyone — even to CNN media reporter Brian Stelter — about what happened."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... etraction/
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

The liberal media businesses are getting pretty lean these days.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:Lol...all "Russia related" stories must now be cleared through senior CNN executives.

[emoji38]

"CNNMoney Executive Editor Rich Barbieri has sent an internal memo to all staff instructing them that all Russia-related stories must be cleared by him or another high-ranking executive, following a Breitbart News investigation which forced the retraction of a fake news story claiming the U.S. Senate was investigating an associate of President Donald Trump for alleged ties to Russia."

DC just got kicked in the Ballz!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Lol...all "Russia related" stories must now be cleared through senior CNN executives.

[emoji38]

Is Ballz still on LeSabre?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

[emoji38]

no idea.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

awesome guy wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

[emoji38]

no idea.
Project Veritas may have more on this tomorrow.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

That's how the media is supposed to work. When a story is not true, retraction must be issued. These resignations are an even higher bar.

The subject of the original article seems to agree:

Scaramucci has publicly expressed his appreciation, tweeting on Saturday that "CNN did the right thing. Classy move. Apology accepted. Everyone makes mistakes. Moving on."
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
That's how the media is supposed to work. When a story is not true, retraction must be issued. These resignations are an even higher bar.

Scaramucci has publicly expressed his appreciation, tweeting on Saturday that "CNN did the right thing. Classy move. Apology accepted. Everyone makes mistakes. Moving on."
No. This is certainly NOT how the media is supposed to work. CNN is fake news, and here's one of their producers admitting they air bullshit.

=====================================

Project Veritas Undercover Investigation: CNN Producer Admits Network Hyping ‘Mostly Bullsh*t’ Trump-Russia Scandal for ‘Ratings’
Project Veritas: CNN producer
Project Veritas/YouTube

by Matthew Boyle26 Jun 2017Washington, D.C. 3,274

James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas has struck again: This time, a senior CNN producer was caught on camera by one of O’Keefe’s investigators admitting that the network’s relentless bashing of President Donald Trump with the Russia scandal lacks proof.

“Could be bullshit. I mean, it’s mostly bullshit right now,”

the CNN producer, John Bonifield, said in a video O’Keefe’s Project Veritas released on Tuesday, when asked about his thoughts on the Russia investigation.
“Like, we don’t have any giant proof. Then they say, well there’s still an investigation going on. And you’re like, yeah, I don’t know. If they were finding something we would know about it. The way these leaks happen, they would leak it. They’d leak. If it was something really good, it would leak…. The leaks keep leaking and there’s so many great leaks, and it’s amazing. I just refuse to believe that if they had something really good like that that wouldn’t leak because we’ve been getting all these other leaks. So, I just feel like they don’t really have it but they want to keep digging. And so I think the president is probably right to say, like, look you are witch hunting me. You have no smoking gun. You have no real proof.”
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... r-ratings/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Can't wait for the tweetstorm after Trump sees the Veritas video. I almost feel a little sorry for that producer. This was one of O'Keefe's less blue ballsy moments. Timing is great because the Producer says Zucker wanted more Russia just after CNN made 3 folks leave for fake Russia news.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

No. This is certainly NOT how the media is supposed to work. CNN is fake news, and here's one of their producers admitting they air bullshit.

Project Veritas Undercover Investigation: CNN Producer Admits Network Hyping ‘Mostly Bullsh*t’ Trump-Russia Scandal for ‘Ratings’
Project Veritas/YouTube

James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas has struck again: This time, a senior CNN producer was caught on camera by one of O’Keefe’s investigators admitting that the network’s relentless bashing of President Donald Trump with the Russia scandal lacks proof.

the CNN producer, John Bonifield, said in a video O’Keefe’s Project Veritas released on Tuesday, when asked about his thoughts on the Russia investigation.
“Like, we don’t have any giant proof. Then they say, well there’s still an investigation going on. And you’re like, yeah, I don’t know. If they were finding something we would know about it. The way these leaks happen, they would leak it. They’d leak. If it was something really good, it would leak…. The leaks keep leaking and there’s so many great leaks, and it’s amazing. I just refuse to believe that if they had something really good like that that wouldn’t leak because we’ve been getting all these other leaks. So, I just feel like they don’t really have it but they want to keep digging. And so I think the president is probably right to say, like, look you are witch hunting me. You have no smoking gun. You have no real proof.”
Yup. Total propaganda for the DNC.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CNN is having a bad day...

Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

After the election, Pretty in Purple, at 6:30 mark, Hillary signals to crank up Fake News.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gRkap9LVds
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

Project Veritas/YouTube

I think it's funny that there are several Breitbart links in a thread complaining about about fake news.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:

[emoji38]

I should be upset that CNN is showing journalistic integrity?
OK, I'm sure that's not it. What exactly should I be upset about in this story?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

Project Veritas/YouTube

I think it's funny that there are several Breitbart links in a thread complaining about about fake news.
Dodge, duck, dive, dip and dodge
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: I think it's funny that there are several Breitbart links in a thread complaining about about fake news.
Umm...it was a Breitbart story that led to their story being retracted and 3 folks getting shirtcanned.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: I think it's funny that there are several Breitbart links in a thread complaining about about fake news.
Umm...it was a Breitbart story that led to their story being retracted and 3 folks getting shirtcanned.
Yep, a kick in the Ballz!
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
That doesn't make it any less funny.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

Project Veritas/YouTube

Dodge, duck, dive, dip and dodge
That's why it's funny. You guys (and I'll admit you might not be one of "those guys") push completely BS stories from places like Breitbart and Project Veritas, who never retract anything, and get mad when CNN does the same, and actually admits it.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: That's why it's funny. You guys (and I'll admit you might not be one of "those guys") push completely BS stories from places like Breitbart and Project Veritas, who never retract anything, and get mad when CNN does the same, and actually admits it.
Veritas has "stories"? I've never seen anything but videos from them. You want to see a retraction to a video?

I busted O'Keefe's balls during the election. He usually over sells and under delivers. He didn't here. This was pretty damning.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: That's why it's funny. You guys (and I'll admit you might not be one of "those guys") push completely BS stories from places like Breitbart and Project Veritas, who never retract anything, and get mad when CNN does the same, and actually admits it.
Veritas has "stories"? I've never seen anything but videos from them. You want to see a retraction to a video?

I busted O'Keefe's balls during the election. He usually over sells and under delivers. He didn't here. This was pretty damning.
You're kidding right? You've never seen a news story on TV? His videos start with his narrative of what he's going to show us, and prove, followed by videos, and more commentary...you know, a story.

And he doesn't under deliver. He lies and break laws. He's a criminal, and a charlatan.

Under deliver...good job. :roll:
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You're kidding right? You've never seen a news story on TV? His videos start with his narrative of what he's going to show us, and prove, followed by videos, and more commentary...you know, a story.

And he doesn't under deliver. He lies and break laws. He's a criminal, and a charlatan.

Under deliver...good job. :roll:
You're nonsensical tonight.