CNN uses Elmo to explain the Travel Ban to viewers....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

CNN uses Elmo to explain the Travel Ban to viewers....

Post by HokieHam »

Elmo was part of a panel including CNN reporter Clarissa Ward, Sherrie Westin from Sesame Workshop, and David Miliband from the International Rescue Committee.

“Did you find that the Syrian little girls and little boys were a lot like your friends here in America?” Ward asked Elmo.

“Yeah, they really were,” said the “Sesame Street” character. “It was very interesting because they like to play and learn just like Elmo and all of his friends at Sesame Street.”
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: CNN uses Elmo to explain the Travel Ban to viewers....

Post by awesome guy »

Right level for a CNN viewer.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:Right level for a CNN viewer.
What part of Elmo's discussion about the travel ban do you think was not accurate?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
What part of Elmo's discussion about the travel ban do you think was not accurate?
I'm an adult and so don't watch kids news.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Syrian boys and girls are nothing like Americans, for one. This is nothing but emotional propaganda BS, nothing more. Don't defend it.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Or, you just took the title at face value, so you don't have any clue that the video had nothing to do with the travel ban, didn't mention Trump at all. I find it sad that 2 organizations coming together to provide educational assistance to kids who have been displaced from their homes, is being falsely used as a political attack.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Syrian boys and girls are nothing like Americans, for one. This is nothing but emotional propaganda BS, nothing more. Don't defend it.

The propaganda is from the sites that are claiming this is about Trump and the travel ban.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Or, you just took the title at face value, so you don't have any clue that the video had nothing to do with the travel ban, didn't mention Trump at all. I find it sad that 2 organizations coming together to provide educational assistance to kids who have been displaced from their homes, is being falsely used as a political attack.
Yep, it's my version of your movie review.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
It had everything to do with the ban. Stop being foolish.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

The propaganda is from the sites that are claiming this is about Trump and the travel ban.
Elmo lied; DC tried (to obfuscate)

Let me know when you want to have an honest discussion.

Elmo was there to create an emotional argument for idiots to support the group's attack on the travel ban. It appears to have worked for at least one poster in this thread. But don't take my word for it; go to their web page and count how many times Trump's travel ban is mentioned.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
You didn't watch it. It was about a partnership to provide education to displaced refugees. They've been working together, and putting out that message, for over a year now.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
You didn't watch it. It was about a partnership to provide education to displaced refugees. They've been working together, and putting out that message, for over a year now.
I did watch it. Stop lying. They talked about the Supreme Court decision specifically.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

This is the same group that YouTube worked with to put out their "#morethanarefugee video which is now the laughing stock of YouTube.

https://www.thequint.com/social-buzz/20 ... ugee-video
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Elmo was there to create an emotional argument for idiots to support the group's attack on the travel ban. It appears to have worked for at least one poster in this thread. But don't take my word for it; go to their web page and count how many times Trump's travel ban is mentioned.
You are not an honest person. Your photo is representative of that. Do you think most refugee kids are like the picture you posted, or like this?
It's fine if you have no sympathy for kids that have the misfortune to be born in crappy countries that are constantly at war. Just don't make up stuff about the people who want to help them.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: What part of Elmo's discussion about the travel ban do you think was not accurate?
I did watch it. Stop lying. They talked about the Supreme Court decision specifically.
The only mention of the decision was the guy saying "It's worth saying, perhaps especially today", alluding to the SCOTUS decision, and then he talked about the number of refugees the US brings in.
Try again.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:Image

This is the same group that YouTube worked with to put out their "#morethanarefugee video which is now the laughing stock of YouTube.

https://www.thequint.com/social-buzz/20 ... ugee-video

Try this one. It seems like you don't give a crap about the refugees that are actually like the ones in that video.

http://refugee.sesameinternational.org/
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

You are not an honest person. Your photo is representative of that. Do you think most refugee kids are like the picture you posted, or like this?
It's fine if you have no sympathy for kids that have the misfortune to be born in crappy countries that are constantly at war. Just don't make up stuff about the people who want to help them.

You are either an idiot, a liar,... or both.

Syrian families are nothing like US families. 24% of girls aged 15-17 are married. Over 40% of marriages are to 1st cousins. Most Syrians are illiterate in their native language.

If you pretended to give two shirts about kids in Syria, you'd be helping them in the Middle East where more of your money (not mine) could do more good. No, you selfishly want to import them here where they're destined to never integrate and be wards of the state, all while robbing Syria of the brightest families who will be needed to rebuild the country.

I'm not interested in your childish heartstrings argument. Be a man and think rationally.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: The only mention of the decision was the guy saying "It's worth saying, perhaps especially today", alluding to the SCOTUS decision, and then he talked about the number of refugees the US brings in.
Try again.
LOL. Translation : "they didn't talk about the SCOTUS decision at except for the time they talked about the SCOTUS decision."
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: The only mention of the decision was the guy saying "It's worth saying, perhaps especially today", alluding to the SCOTUS decision, and then he talked about the number of refugees the US brings in.
Try again.
LOL. Translation : "they didn't talk about the SCOTUS decision at except for the time they talked about the SCOTUS decision."
I sense verb tense coming into play.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Syrian families are nothing like US families. 24% of girls aged 15-17 are married. Over 40% of marriages are to 1st cousins. Most Syrians are illiterate in their native language.

If you pretended to give two shirts about kids in Syria, you'd be helping them in the Middle East where more of your money (not mine) could do more good. No, you selfishly want to import them here where they're destined to never integrate and be wards of the state, all while robbing Syria of the brightest families who will be needed to rebuild the country.

I'm not interested in your childish heartstrings argument. Be a man and think rationally.
You're really delusional. The subject of this thread is a video about helping Syrian kids IN Syria. I don't want to import them here at all (this is you making up things again, please stop doing that).
I think it's great that orgs like these are helping them out overseas. You're bashing them. You're the one who is irrational.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Try again.
Translation: In a 15 minute video, there was a 3 second mention of the decision. That doesn't equate to "It had everything to do with the ban."
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BPS just did a video on the group which Elmo, CNN, and HokieFanDC are supporting:
Direct link to organization:

https://www.rescue.org/video/morethanarefugee
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You're really delusional. The subject of this thread is a video about helping Syrian kids IN Syria. I don't want to import them here at all (this is you making up things again, please stop doing that).
I think it's great that orgs like these are helping them out overseas. You're bashing them. You're the one who is irrational.
Psst...they're all "children" you dummy. Here's 14 year old Assad playing at recess:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... risis.html

Feel free to take in one of these "kids" on your own. Stop being a statist and asking me to pay for it, though.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Try again.
Translation: In a 15 minute video, there was a 3 second mention of the decision. That doesn't equate to "It had everything to do with the ban."
When you went on a date with a woman, what was your goal? Did you talk about your goal during 100% of your conversations with her?

You can't possibly be this stupid. Elmo was there to create an emotional argument for a group which is importing young military-aged men to western countries and opposes Trump's travel ban.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Try again.
When you went on a date with a woman, what was your goal? Did you talk about your goal during 100% of your conversations with her?

You can't possibly be this stupid. Elmo was there to create an emotional argument for a group which is importing young military-aged men to western countries and opposes Trump's travel ban.
Nah, it was purely educational! [emoji23]