I guess Ann Coulter can't afford first class

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: I guess Ann Coulter can't afford first class

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:Speaking of good looking......went to see Wonder Woman this weekend. Gal Gadot is a work of art....
Yep
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

HokieHam wrote:
Flying coach, which I normally do, is indeed a horrible experience.
It can be. I fly almost weekly. On my flight to DIA last week, they put a 350lb woman next to me on a regional jet..........ugh.
Hey, can't we leave Donna Brazile out of this?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:Apparently hatemongering doesn't pay what it used to.
the airlines are on a mission to mess up everything, it is amazing how badly they are dealing with people these days. I would be pissed to if I reserved a seat and was told I had to move to another seat. Bumped from a plane is different, being told you have to move for someone else that did not take the effort to reserve the seat is bad customer service.
I'm not old enough to remember otherwise, but others on here have said the deregulation made things worse for flyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its a cattle car these days, and airports are a nightmare. But I doubt it gets any better, lots of costs prohibit much competition

I just read that Boeing is coming out with a new 737 with even less leg room to squeeze a few more bodies on the plane.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote:
It can be. I fly almost weekly. On my flight to DIA last week, they put a 350lb woman next to me on a regional jet..........ugh.
:shock: :lol:

whoa!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

I just read that Boeing is coming out with a new 737 with even less leg room to squeeze a few more bodies on the plane.
I still think it's up to the airlines as to their seating configurations. United, Delta and American all have the preferred seating which gives you more legroom. I will give that up if I can sit with a seat between me and the next person though.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
:shock: :lol:

whoa!
Yeah.....it's funny now...... :lol:
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
so you did not get the arm rest I am guessing
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
I've been next to people so fat that their warm body mass kind of melts around you to form a delightful cushion.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
No.....her body forced the armrest up.......and like ip said......I melted into her mass. Unfortunately, it was hot and the plane didn't cool off until 30 minutes into the flight.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote: No.....her body forced the armrest up.......and like ip said......I melted into her mass. Unfortunately, it was hot and the plane didn't cool off until 30 minutes into the flight.
Worst Penthouse Letter ev-er.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:Apparently hatemongering doesn't pay what it used to.
the airlines are on a mission to mess up everything, it is amazing how badly they are dealing with people these days. I would be pissed to if I reserved a seat and was told I had to move to another seat. Bumped from a plane is different, being told you have to move for someone else that did not take the effort to reserve the seat is bad customer service.
I'm not old enough to remember otherwise, but others on here have said the deregulation made things worse for flyers.

Deregulation brought flying to the masses. Air travel used to be much more of an experience, more luxurious. It's now the Greyhound/Trailways of today. Cheap fares allow anyone to fly anywhere for little cost. The result is what we have today -- sloppily dressed people with sloppy manners and sloppy habits crammed onto planes receiving poor service and airlines that don't give a rip because its the unwashed masses and they know they'll take it and keep coming back for more. You can't even protect yourself from it in First Class.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
I've been next to people so fat that their warm body mass kind of melts around you to form a delightful cushion.

My wife experienced that last month flying cross country. She excused herself, said something to one of the flight attendants, they innocuously came by to see for them selves, and then told her in private to meet an agent at the gate when she got off. The airline gave her a $200 voucher.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

My biggest problem is shoulder room. I actually look online to find out which window seats let you sink your shoulder into them - it makes all the difference in the world. Aisle works OK, but I prefer window to keep my shoulder from getting bashed by the cart.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:My biggest problem is shoulder room. I actually look online to find out which window seats let you sink your shoulder into them - it makes all the difference in the world. Aisle works OK, but I prefer window to keep my shoulder from getting bashed by the cart.
Yeah. I used to prefer aisle, but am switching to window seating. It's not just the cart. It's the morons with no self awareness that ram you with their backpacks and oversized purses, etc. you know, the same people who stop right when they get off the escalator or moving walkway......

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I'm 6'4" So I always go for the most leg room possible.

It's really not an issue on private jets though.

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:I'm 6'4" So I always go for the most leg room possible.

It's really not an issue on private jets though.

No kidding! Best way to fly for sure. Though I take the window on commercial flights.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

And now the truth is coming out...

==========================================

BUSTED! Flight Attendant Group Reveals Ann Coulter Was ‘Targeted On Purpose’ In Seat Fiasco

Joshua Caplan Jul 18th, 2017 11:14 am 186 Comments

Conservative icon Ann Coulter isn’t letting up in her battle against Delta after the airline gave away her pre-booked seat to another passenger. Coulter, who is 6-feet-tall paid an extra $30 for a seat with more leg room, but was removed from her seat.

TGP previously reported, conservative powerhouse, Ann Coulter unleashed hell on Delta airlines on Saturday after they removed her from her pre-booked seat and gave it to another woman. Coulter pointed out that the woman who took her seat was not elderly, sick or a child. Was this politically motivated?

Coulter said she asked the flight attendant why she was being forced to move from her seat and the response was “I don’t know.” The flight attendant snatched the ticket from Coulter’s hand and ordered her to move without explanation.

Ann Coulter took to her Twitter account to express her disappointment in Delta Airlines, sending out several tweets slamming the poor customer service. She even tweeted out a picture of the woman who was given her seat.

Many have speculated Coulter’s purchase was not honored by Delta Airlines due to her politics. Today, the conservative star tweeted out a text from a flight attendant, confirming that Ann Coulter was targeted on purpose by a group of Delta flight attendants.
Editor’s correction: An earlier post stated that a Delta flight attendant passed on the information.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07 ... at-fiasco/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

An alpha wouldn't have let this happen or something.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

So what's with delta?

Yesterday I flew from SFO to Philly, and our mentally deficient travel person at work sent me through Detroit. In SFO, we left 30 minutes late due to "an equipment issue at the gate". OK, so I had a tight connection....which I missed.I got to my gate in Detroit only 10 minutes before take off, but they had already shut it down. Note, there were a lot of people on my plane going to Philly.

Then, they said, "We are not going to put you up tonight because we were late due to FAA". They had said at SFO that it was due to an equipment malfunction. People were yelling. It was awesome, as the Detroit people didn't know we all had heard, over the PA system at SFO, the real story.

So, I walked over to the Westin connected to the airport, and had to pay $550 for a pretty average hotel room, and was put on the first flight out in the morning. Total time to get to Philly was about 18 hours.

F*** Delta.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:So what's with delta?

Yesterday I flew from SFO to Philly, and our mentally deficient travel person at work sent me through Detroit. In SFO, we left 30 minutes late due to "an equipment issue at the gate". OK, so I had a tight connection....which I missed.I got to my gate in Detroit only 10 minutes before take off, but they had already shut it down. Note, there were a lot of people on my plane going to Philly.

Then, they said, "We are not going to put you up tonight because we were late due to FAA". They had said at SFO that it was due to an equipment malfunction. People were yelling. It was awesome, as the Detroit people didn't know we all had heard, over the PA system at SFO, the real story.

So, I walked over to the Westin connected to the airport, and had to pay $550 for a pretty average hotel room, and was put on the first flight out in the morning. Total time to get to Philly was about 18 hours.

F*** Delta.
Philadelphia via Detroit? That's a kick in the nuts.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:So what's with delta?

F*** Delta.
Philadelphia via Detroit? That's a kick in the nuts.
If you fly United, you may be fortunate enough to spend a night in Elizabeth, NJ.

It's a shirthole.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.