Getting Fake News Reports

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Getting Fake News Reports

Post by ip_law-hokie »

That the Republicans have tripped over their dicks (again) over healthcare.

Can somebody give me the real scoop? It appears that single payer is on its way. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Re: Getting Fake News Reports

Post by RiverguyVT »

So many of the Rs are exactly like Ds.
They just can't help themselves...
The draft they came up with, as I understood, was essentially Obamacare v2.0
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I am disappointed that they had 7 or 8 years to complain about Osama-care, and didn't have a well thought out plan B in the can, ready to go. It's as if they work for the government or something [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. That's pretty irresponsible and shows crappy leadership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I am disappointed that they had 7 or 8 years to complain about Osama-care, and didn't have a well thought out plan B in the can, ready to go. It's as if they work for the government or something [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. That's pretty irresponsible and shows crappy leadership.

Rand Paul and the Freedom Caucus have an excellent plan. Most of America is economically retarded (see ip's support of single payer) and the R's don't have the courage to pass something market based. Actually, a lot of R's don't know crap about economics, either...
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:That the Republicans have tripped over their dicks (again) over healthcare.

Can somebody give me the real scoop? It appears that single payer is on its way. [emoji33]

please explain how obummercare is sustainable, at least in the individual coverage market, you know the one that the dems were screaming the new legislation would kill people with, that market is collapsing as there are ZERO carrriers willing to write an individual insurance policy in more and more markets.... so what is your plan as you endorse people dying because of the failure of a bad piece of legislation that Nancy Pelosi said HAD TO BE PASSED SO THEY COULD FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS IN IT, hint, that is Obummercare.

Just let it fail completely as it continues to fall apart.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I am disappointed that they had 7 or 8 years to complain about Osama-care, and didn't have a well thought out plan B in the can, ready to go. It's as if they work for the government or something [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. That's pretty irresponsible and shows crappy leadership.

Rand Paul and the Freedom Caucus have an excellent plan. Most of America is economically retarded (see ip's support of single payer) and the R's don't have the courage to pass something market based. Actually, a lot of R's don't know crap about economics, either...
yep, very disappointed in the idiocy the R's are demonstrating and your post is spot on
miles

Post by miles »

This is part of the reason I quit the republican party. It's no different than the democrat party. Neither has the best interests of the country foremost on the table. It's all about Washington DC, power - personal and group, making money, ambition, graft, and corruption.
The gop has proven itself incapable of responsible leadership. It is divided along it's own petty personal and political ideologies as well as strong never Trump resentment over being shown up in 2017.
:evil:
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:That the Republicans have tripped over their dicks (again) over healthcare.

please explain how obummercare is sustainable, at least in the individual coverage market, you know the one that the dems were screaming the new legislation would kill people with, that market is collapsing as there are ZERO carrriers willing to write an individual insurance policy in more and more markets.... so what is your plan as you endorse people dying because of the failure of a bad piece of legislation that Nancy Pelosi said HAD TO BE PASSED SO THEY COULD FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS IN IT, hint, that is Obummercare.

I support single payer healthcare cwtcr. I think I've noted that in the past.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Trump, trumpets for Single Payer
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:Trump, trumpets for Single Payer
Did he finally come home on this?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

you may want to chat with folks in the UK on how well that works, or a vet or somebody on medicare

not sure how you think the gov. can do anything efficiently or cheaper than private enterprise
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

you may want to chat with folks in the UK on how well that works, or a vet or somebody on medicare

not sure how you think the gov. can do anything efficiently or cheaper than private enterprise
OK. Given that we have a republican president and republican congress, you guys can get to work and fix it.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

OK. Given that we have a republican president and republican congress, you guys can get to work and fix it.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Always cleaning up the leftist's messes.........or saying they will.......

The one good thing about single payer is ip will actually have his quality of healthcare reduced and he will have to sit in the waiting room with poor black people. I don't know if he could survive.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

The one good thing about single payer is ip will actually have his quality of healthcare reduced and he will have to sit in the waiting room with poor black people. I don't know if he could survive.
Yep, here's to IP having an enema with the same pipe his cost cutting government just used on an El Salvadoran mule to extract narcotics.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Just let it fail completely as it continues to fall apart.[/quote]

The one good thing about single payer is ip will actually have his quality of healthcare reduced and he will have to sit in the waiting room with poor black people. I don't know if he could survive.[/quote]Yep, here's to IP having an enema with the same pipe his cost cutting government just used on an El Salvadoran mule to extract narcotics.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

More hate from the right. It's what you guys do well. You hate Obamacare, but can't lead.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
More hate from the right. It's what you guys do well. You hate Obamacare, but can't lead.
You're going to hate living under the government you're demanding now.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

If you did then you wouldn't demand it
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

Stay pissed just in case.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

The honest scoop? Here it is.

It is almost impossible to take a benefit away from the people once it has been doled out. That's it in a nut shell.

The Republicans have been ranting for years about repealing Obamacare. The further out we got from its passing in 2010, and in particular 2014 when it really kicked in, the harder it was going to be to repeal it. Now they finally have the legislative and executive control they needed but we're 3 years into full implementation and too many people are dependent on it in some form or another. That doesn't mean it's better than what we had, or even good for that matter, only that about 15% of the population got something out of it and they don't want to give it up. And the republicans are caught in a tough spot because it is now politically untenable to repeal it. They will be voted out of office. And it's more important to them to stay in office than to actually fully repeal this disaster of a law and come up with something better from scratch.

This is why the 2012 election was so important. If Romney wins then Obamacare is instantly repealed (65-70% of the public was against it at that time), market based health insurance/health care reform is passed, and the great majority of the public is happy and better off. Elections have consequences, and the 2012 election F'd this country.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

Stay pissed just in case.
Kiss my ass
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:

It is almost impossible to take a benefit away from the people once it has been doled out. That's it in a nut shell.

The Republicans have been ranting for years about repealing Obamacare. The further out we got from its passing in 2010, and in particular 2014 when it really kicked in, the harder it was going to be to repeal it. Now they finally have the legislative and executive control they needed but we're 3 years into full implementation and too many people are dependent on it in some form or another. That doesn't mean it's better than what we had, or even good for that matter, only that about 15% of the population got something out of it and they don't want to give it up. And the republicans are caught in a tough spot because it is now politically untenable to repeal it. They will be voted out of office. And it's more important to them to stay in office than to actually fully repeal this disaster of a law and come up with something better from scratch.

This is why the 2012 election was so important. If Romney wins then Obamacare is instantly repealed (65-70% of the public was against it at that time), market based health insurance/health care reform is passed, and the great majority of the public is happy and better off. Elections have consequences, and the 2012 election F'd this country.
Wrong set of beggars. It's the insurance lobby that won't let go of it or the establishment wants more money to abolish. It's not the handful of people that would get bused to voting booths.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Wrong set of beggars. It's the insurance lobby that won't let go of it or the establishment wants more money to abolish. It's not the handful of people that would get bused to voting booths.
Nope. It's all about staying in office. 50%+ support Obamacare now because so many have it. It can't be taken away without them getting voted out of office. Has absolutely nothing to do with the insurance lobby.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Nope. It's all about staying in office. 50%+ support Obamacare now because so many have it. It can't be taken away without them getting voted out of office. Has absolutely nothing to do with the insurance lobby.
A tenth of the population got new insurance out of Obamacare, it's not a voting block. Most didn't even want it. It's about $$$. These people aren't voting GOP anyway.