Best way to avoid talking to Trump?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Best way to avoid talking to Trump?

Post by HooFighter »

Pretend you don't speak English. Brilliant.

:lol:

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Best way to avoid talking to Trump?

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HooFighter wrote:Pretend you don't speak English. Brilliant.

:lol:

great idea if you do not want to expand your knowledge at all, people learn from talking with other people. i don't agree with everyone I speak with but have the ability to have a conversation
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

As with many Japanese speakers I've worked with over the years they understand English to a point but don't speak it very well conversationally.

They don't grok our colloquial dialect so small talk is difficult.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

cwtcr hokie wrote:great idea if you do not want to expand your knowledge at all, people learn from talking with other people. i don't agree with everyone I speak with but have the ability to have a conversation
Maybe she just didn't want to get hit on.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote:As with many Japanese speakers I've worked with over the years they understand English to a point but don't speak it very well conversationally.

Me too. I took a year of Japanese in college. Their language is not easy..........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HooFighter wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:great idea if you do not want to expand your knowledge at all, people learn from talking with other people. i don't agree with everyone I speak with but have the ability to have a conversation
Well, keep Bubba away from her!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

HokieHam wrote:
Major Kong wrote:As with many Japanese speakers I've worked with over the years they understand English to a point but don't speak it very well conversationally.

Me too. I took a year of Japanese in college. Their language is not easy..........
Yeah...one of our interns from Mitsui Metals tried to teach me a little Japanese but there was a lot of nuance to it...I never did grok. :)

The same was true with "American", such as he knew what a screw was and he knew what a ball was. Use them together "screwball" and he was dumbfounded. :)

Our use of colorful metaphors also threw him for a loop...he could never figure out dam and damn. :mrgreen: He also couldn't figure out why college educated people used so many colorful metaphors. We told him this was natural in mining dammit, what the hell did he expect. :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
its a darn good thing thunder thighs did not win then!
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Yeh, my guess is she doesn't speak it well so does her best to keep quiet during dinners like this.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Yeh, my guess is she doesn't speak it well so does her best to keep quiet during dinners like this.
But Drumpf!........Russians!

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Yeah...one of our interns from Mitsui Metals tried to teach me a little Japanese but there was a lot of nuance to it...I never did grok. :)

The same was true with "American", such as he knew what a screw was and he knew what a ball was. Use them together "screwball" and he was dumbfounded. :)

Our use of colorful metaphors also threw him for a loop...he could never figure out dam and damn. :mrgreen: He also couldn't figure out why college educated people used so many colorful metaphors. We told him this was natural in mining dammit, what the hell did he expect. :D

Spock loved our colorful metaphors.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson