Hey Awesome, heard a blip in the radio about a new Ford

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

Hey Awesome, heard a blip in the radio about a new Ford

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Bronco being officially announced. Googled some and from what I find they will not get me to buy one. It appears to be downsized from full size and only 4 door configuratoin, so a bigger explorer I guess, not liking the way it is heading. I would love to replace my 96 with new one but unless it changes that ain't happening
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Hey Awesome, heard a blip in the radio about a new Ford

Post by awesome guy »

Yeah, screw a midsized suv.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Yeah, screw a midsized suv.
I want the wider wheel base and heavier vehicle for hauling the boat or the flatbed trailer for weight alone, hard to do that safely with an suv
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:Bronco being officially announced. Googled some and from what I find they will not get me to buy one. It appears to be downsized from full size and only 4 door configuration, so a bigger explorer I guess, not liking the way it is heading. I would love to replace my 96 with new one but unless it changes that ain't happening
What is it supposed to be? Sounds like between an Explorer and and Expedition, which is completely unnecessary. They could stand to replace the Expedition, it is fugly. The new Ranger is going to be their mid-size truck, like Colorado and Tacoma. Looks like the Bronco will have a removable roof, which would be cool, but seems like they just want to bring the Bronco name, but not sure how. As for 2 door Bronco, that's a pretty non-existent market.

This rendering looks pretty good though. It's like a 4 door Ford Troller.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:Bronco being officially announced. Googled some and from what I find they will not get me to buy one. It appears to be downsized from full size and only 4 door configuration, so a bigger explorer I guess, not liking the way it is heading. I would love to replace my 96 with new one but unless it changes that ain't happening
What is it supposed to be? Sounds like between an Explorer and and Expedition, which is completely unnecessary. They could stand to replace the Expedition, it is fugly. The new Ranger is going to be their mid-size truck, like Colorado and Tacoma. Looks like the Bronco will have a removable roof, which would be cool, but seems like they just want to bring the Bronco name, but not sure how. As for 2 door Bronco, that's a pretty non-existent market.
originally it was supposed to be based on the raptor which makes it one heck of a 4WD fun truck with the motor and weight to be a good pulling truck. I agree about the expedition, not a fave of mine. The raptor platform would also give it ample ground clearance. I hope they change their minds

the picture is not bad but it is a suped up explorer
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
originally it was supposed to be based on the raptor which makes it one heck of a 4WD fun truck with the motor and weight to be a good pulling truck. I agree about the expedition, not a fave of mine. The raptor platform would also give it ample ground clearance. I hope they change their minds

The main difference is that it's built on the Ranger platform, not the Explorer platform. The Ranger platform is body on frame, so would be made for offroading. The Aussies have something called an Everest, and it's good offroad. Not sure about towing though. That depends on engine and drivetrain.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HeheImage
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:HeheImage
:lol: :lol: He's going to need a job. New spokesperson!?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Sounds closer to the Bronco II, if anyone remembers that monstrosity.

If it's not based on the F-150 chassis with 2 doors, it's not a Bronco.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:Sounds closer to the Bronco II, if anyone remembers that monstrosity.

If it's not based on the F-150 chassis with 2 doors, it's not a Bronco.
Yep
HokieDan95

Post by HokieDan95 »

a 79 Bronco got me through VT and across Brush Mtn 1 time

Would love to have a throwback to the original design
"What's best in life?","To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

The main difference is that it's built on the Ranger platform, not the Explorer platform. The Ranger platform is body on frame, so would be made for offroading. The Aussies have something called an Everest, and it's good offroad. Not sure about towing though. That depends on engine and drivetrain.
You want a full frame for towing
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Yeah, screw a midsized suv.
I want the wider wheel base and heavier vehicle for hauling the boat or the flatbed trailer for weight alone, hard to do that safely with an suv
Me too, but I view SUV vs truck as just a form factor. If I get the wider wheel base, weight, and full frame then the body is a style preference in my mind. One of my buddies tows his 21 foot walk around and tractors with an E350 van and it does great. It's a full ton chassis with a van form in my mind. I'd rather see the Bronco on a larger F150 frame. But that would be a long vehicle and a Bronco is shorter in my mind for better ground clearance.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieDan95 wrote:a 79 Bronco got me through VT and across Brush Mtn 1 time

Would love to have a throwback to the original design
Had an 86, have a 96, great vehicle