Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Tourists at Mexican Resorts say they were Drugged

Post by Techmomof2 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... urce=usatn

The scene at the swim-up bar at the Mexican resort where Abbey Conner was pulled listless from the pool in January was full of young tourists last month when an attorney hired by Conner’s family showed up.

It wasn’t surprising. It was a typical scene at an all-inclusive five-star resort where foreigners from both sides of the equator flock to escape their cold winters.

But as he watched, the attorney noticed something disturbing.

“They serve alcoholic drinks with alcohol of bad quality and in great amounts, mixing different types of drinks,” he wrote in his native Spanish.

That single paragraph, buried near the end of a four-page report summarizing how 20-year-old Conner drowned within a couple hours of arriving at the Iberostar Hotel & Resorts' Paraiso del Mar, offers a possible lead in the investigation into her death.

And it could shed light on the circumstances surrounding numerous reports from others who have told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel they experienced sickness, blackouts and injuries after drinking at Iberostar and other resorts around Cancun and Playa del Carmen in recent months.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Tourists at Mexican Resorts say they were Drugged

Post by nolanvt »

A co-worker recently visited Cancun and claimed to have not left the resort her entire time there. She came back Monday and felt icky for a couple days that turned into some full on sickness where she missed work yesterday and today. I'll pass on Mexico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
RWNJ
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by RWNJ »

nolanvt wrote:A co-worker recently visited Cancun and claimed to have not left the resort her entire time there. She came back Monday and felt icky for a couple days that turned into some full on sickness where she missed work yesterday and today. I'll pass on Mexico.
I'll always pass on Mexico. No way I'd visit that shirthole. Shame too, because the Mexican people are 99% good people.
We lived through Obama, you'll live through Trump
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

RWNJ wrote:
nolanvt wrote:A co-worker recently visited Cancun and claimed to have not left the resort her entire time there. She came back Monday and felt icky for a couple days that turned into some full on sickness where she missed work yesterday and today. I'll pass on Mexico.
I'll always pass on Mexico. No way I'd visit that shirthole. Shame too, because the Mexican people are 99% good people.
Are you talking about the ones here or the ones there?