Graduating seniors have more A's while SAT scores fall

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

Re: Graduating seniors have more A's while SAT scores fall

Post by oaktonhokie »

Lower standards. They are like participation trophies, everyone gets an A.

Now to avoid being called a racist, they will have to dumb down the ACT and SAT.

Lower standards are the key to equality and happiness.

And fairness.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Lower standards. They are like participation trophies, everyone gets an A.

Now to avoid being called a racist, they will have to dumb down the ACT and SAT.

And fairness.

I believe the SAT is standardized so that the average score =1000. Frankly, I'm shocked that there haven't been efforts to try and standardize by race.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

My cousin's oldest son graduated at the top of his class here at a local HS in 2016.

He wants to be a veterinarian and attend VT. Right now he's doing what many kids are doing and attending community college...in this case Virginia Highlands CC in Abingdon. He's not doing well in the Math & Science classes at Highlands.

My cousin doesn't understand. His son was a straight A student but is having trouble with pre-calculus and general chemistry (I loved both organic an inorganic chemistry). The son has a tutor now helping him. The boy is doing great in the Arts and Humanities.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

The test is culturally biased. It assumes kids know about the civil war, the founding fathers and the defeat of the soviet union. And math, but no algebra...

The schools teach gay sex, white oppression and the wonders of islam.

The tests should include questions on hip hop for blacks, tacos for hispanics, and sex with farm animals for the Muslims.

Fairness.

USN_Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Lower standards. They are like participation trophies, everyone gets an A.

And fairness.

I believe the SAT is standardized so that the average score =1000. Frankly, I'm shocked that there haven't been efforts to try and standardize by race.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.