Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Trump talking pardons and Hillary

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Not looking good my neck friends.

Donald Trump claims 'complete power' to issue pardons amid reports he wants to pardon himself over Russia investigations - Evening Standard
https://apple.news/AZ4ejjioaTV-ENZ8_fp8BiQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, the MSM once again blew up a flippant comment by Trump.. shocking

What would he be pardoning himself or anyone else for, hard to be pardoned for nothing and so far after a year and the constant barrage from the MSM there is still NOTHING.
Why did Trump bring it up?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
BigDave wrote: I have always assumed (not sure if it is a good assumption or a bad assumption) that a lot of regime officials on both sides could not get a security clearance if they were, say, applying to work as a software developer for a government contractor, but can only get one because the regime wants them to.
Clearly, with Kushner, his position has allowed him to retain his clearance. How many "oops" do you get with regard to your disclosures, before it's clear you can't be trusted?
Clearly? Please explain your rationale and bonafides.
LOL. Lying on the clearance form should be reason enough not to get clearance. He submitted a BS form to start with. Then after months of revising it, he still "left out" meetings. How many chances do you think he should get?
Maybe he should take a polygraph as a test of his trustworthiness. That would be a good start, because the initial results of his clearance process are pretty lousy.
That's what I thought - you're an imbecile and don't know wtf you're talking about. Go ahead and Google that like you do all your expert opinions.
I didn't say mine was an expert opinion. But I can read, and lots of experts have the opinion that the issues with his form are meaningful. But, hey, feel free to enlighten me, genius. We're all very interested in your bonafide opinion.

Here are some general thoughts.

First, one of the main goals of the clearance process is to determine a person's trustworthiness and character. Kushner's omissions and revisions certainly bring into question his character. Are you going to argue that they don't?

And issues with the SF-86 are the second biggest reason people are denied clearance.
With Kushner, we don't really know the opinion on his "missteps". It doesn't appear he has been given actual clearance yet, and we don't know if they've even OK'd the issues with his forms.

We also don't know anything about the FBI investigation into the info provided on the form.

You can give an opinion, but it's just speculation. But, I'd like to know why you think that Kushner's omissions and changes are no big deal.
All depends on the nature of them. They're likely of the variety NBC reports of collusion if he peed in the same bathroom that a Russian was pooping.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Clearly, with Kushner, his position has allowed him to retain his clearance. How many "oops" do you get with regard to your disclosures, before it's clear you can't be trusted?
Clearly? Please explain your rationale and bonafides.
LOL. Lying on the clearance form should be reason enough not to get clearance. He submitted a BS form to start with. Then after months of revising it, he still "left out" meetings. How many chances do you think he should get?
Maybe he should take a polygraph as a test of his trustworthiness. That would be a good start, because the initial results of his clearance process are pretty lousy.
That's what I thought - you're an imbecile and don't know wtf you're talking about. Go ahead and Google that like you do all your expert opinions.
I didn't say mine was an expert opinion. But I can read, and lots of experts have the opinion that the issues with his form are meaningful. But, hey, feel free to enlighten me, genius. We're all very interested in your bonafide opinion.

Here are some general thoughts.

First, one of the main goals of the clearance process is to determine a person's trustworthiness and character. Kushner's omissions and revisions certainly bring into question his character. Are you going to argue that they don't?

And issues with the SF-86 are the second biggest reason people are denied clearance.
With Kushner, we don't really know the opinion on his "missteps". It doesn't appear he has been given actual clearance yet, and we don't know if they've even OK'd the issues with his forms.

We also don't know anything about the FBI investigation into the info provided on the form.

You can give an opinion, but it's just speculation. But, I'd like to know why you think that Kushner's omissions and changes are no big deal.
All depends on the nature of them. They're likely of the variety NBC reports of collusion if he peed in the same bathroom that a Russian was pooping.
Agreed. But we know at least one meeting was with Kislyak, and one was with a Russian banker for on a bank under US sanctions. Those aren't minor.

The real point goes back to what BigDave said about his clearance and him being a WH official. There are different rules. Trump could still tell Kushner whatever he wants to tell him, whether he has official clearance or not.
Last edited by HokieFanDC on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

So first DC says it's clear that he was lying. Now he says he's relying (ie, not clear) on other experts (read: MSNBC nutjobs) that stuff was omitted ( ie, maybe forgotten).

I'm not really interested in expending energy beyond that to disprove negatives that other people Google.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:So first DC says it's clear that he was lying. Now he says he's relying (ie, not clear) on other experts (read: MSNBC nutjobs) that stuff was omitted ( ie, maybe forgotten).

I'm not really interested in expending energy beyond that to disprove negatives that other people Google.
I missed the part where you are required to respond (i.e., shout down) any discussion on this matter that other posters may want to have. I'm OK with your decision to stand down Cap'n. Really, I am.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:[

Agreed. But we know at least not me was with Kislyak, and one was with a Russian banker for on a bank under US sanctions. Those aren't minor.
He didn't have a meeting with Kislyak, he attended an event where he was present and shook his hand. Russian banker? That doesn't mean shirt per the SF-86.

Both are pretty minor in perspective. It's the nutjobs who think you need to name ever taco stand vendor you've encountered in the last 7yrs.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:So first DC says it's clear that he was lying. Now he says he's relying (ie, not clear) on other experts (read: MSNBC nutjobs) that stuff was omitted ( ie, maybe forgotten).

That's the prudent move, you're in over your head, and clearly know nothing about the subject.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

That's the prudent move, you're in over your head, and clearly know nothing about the subject.
Go ahead and Google run-on sentence while googling the rest of your expert opinions. :mrgreen:
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: I missed the part where you are required to respond (i.e., shout down) any discussion on this matter that other posters may want to have. I'm OK with your decision to stand down Cap'n. Really, I am.
Shout down? Sounds like you're just projecting your own insecurities.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I missed the part where you are required to respond (i.e., shout down) any discussion on this matter that other posters may want to have. I'm OK with your decision to stand down Cap'n. Really, I am.
Shout down? Sounds like you're just projecting your own insecurities.
OK.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Agreed. But we know at least not me was with Kislyak, and one was with a Russian banker for on a bank under US sanctions. Those aren't minor.
He didn't have a meeting with Kislyak, he attended an event where he was present and shook his hand. Russian banker? That doesn't mean shirt per the SF-86.

Both are pretty minor in perspective. It's the nutjobs who think you need to name ever taco stand vendor you've encountered in the last 7yrs.
Like I said, you're in over your head, and don't know what you're talking about. Kushner had a meeting with Kislyak (those are Kushner's words) and Flynn in Trump tower, discussing a secure communication line between the transition team and Russia, inside the Russian embassy.
And meeting the head of a Russian owned bank, who was appointed by Putin, and a bank under US sanctions, is a big deal.
It's illegal for someone to even discuss certain types of business with those banks.

You should try googling some stuff and get yourself up to speed. Or, just keep calling people imbeciles. Your choice. ;)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Like I said, you're in over your head, and don't know what you're talking about. Kushner had a meeting with Kislyak (those are Kushner's words) and Flynn in Trump tower, discussing a secure communication line between the transition team and Russia, inside the Russian embassy.
And meeting the head of a Russian owned bank, who was appointed by Putin, and a bank under US sanctions, is a big deal.
It's illegal for someone to even discuss certain types of business with those banks.

You should try googling some stuff and get yourself up to speed. Or, just keep calling people imbeciles. Your choice. ;)
Did you Google imbecile?

Still waiting for you to tell me where the lies are, BTW.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

And meeting the head of a Russian owned bank, who was appointed by Putin, and a ba

nk under US sanctions, is a big deal.

Did you Google imbecile?

So, you're going with "stay ignorant and call people imbeciles".

He submitted a form that said to list all contacts with foreign officials. The first submission did not include a bunch of meetings. That is either a lie, or a mistake.

He submitted a revision. The second submission left out meetings with foreign officials. I'm calling that lying.

What do you call that?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

And meeting the head of a Russian owned bank, who was appointed by Putin, and a ba

Did you Google imbecile?

He submitted a form that said to list all contacts with foreign officials. The first submission did not include a bunch of meetings. That is either a lie, or a mistake.

He submitted a revision. The second submission left out meetings with foreign officials. I'm calling that lying.

What do you call that?
I'm calling you FOS.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Did you Google imbecile?

What do you call that?
I'm calling you FOS.
The folks who Google everything and think they're smart are the most dangerous kind of stupid
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

the Kislak meeting, you are not referring to the dinner or event or whatever they tried to play gotcha with Sessions are you? So now going to an event where someone else is present is a meeting?

huh????
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Donald Trump claims 'complete power' to issue pardons amid reports he wants to pardon himself over Russia investigations - Evening Standard

What would he be pardoning himself or anyone else for, hard to be pardoned for nothing and so far after a year and the constant barrage from the MSM there is still NOTHING.

no idea, go ask him

my guess is he likes to mess with the idiots that eat up social media
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

no idea, go ask him

Just more of Trump crushing it. Smart move.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

no idea, go ask him

I love when he screws with the MSM and others, it is hilarious
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

the Kislak meeting, you are not referring to the dinner or event or whatever they tried to play gotcha with Sessions are you? So now going to an event where someone else is present is a meeting?

huh????
Nope, that's not it.

Seriously, you guys are really clueless. I wrote exactly what the meeting was about, where it was, and who was there. Did you see the name Sessions in what I wrote? None of this is secret...Kushner gave the details of that meeting (again, those are his words), after his 3rd form submission.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Did you Google imbecile?

What do you call that?
I'm calling you FOS.
The folks who Google everything and think they're smart are the most dangerous kind of stupid
That's an interesting angle to take in a thread where you are completely wrong about the meetings with Kislyak and the Russian bank guy? Or, do you want to deny again, that he didn't meet with Kislyak. Maybe you've already erased that act of incredible ignorance on your part, from your selective memory.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

nolanvt wrote:If it comes to that, he would have the authority to pardon himself. Nothing in the Constitution prevents it.

Can you pardon someone who hasn't been charged or convicted?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:If it comes to that, he would have the authority to pardon himself. Nothing in the Constitution prevents it.

Yes.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

no idea, go ask him

I love when he screws with the MSM and others, it is hilarious
Even his own appointments?

Trump Asks Why ‘Beleaguered’ Sessions Isn’t Investigating Clinton - The New York Times
https://apple.news/AaSpaRcsrQ36eAhRUtwox2g

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Hokie5150 wrote:

Yep. It's not 100% that he can pardon himself, but seems reasonable that he can.
Pardoning himself before a charge seems like a bad move that a guilty person would take.
And if he pardons himself after being charged, pretty much can ensure impeachment.

Best tactic is to just not talk about it.