Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Trump talking pardons and Hillary

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:If it comes to that, he would have the authority to pardon himself. Nothing in the Constitution prevents it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you pardon someone who hasn't been charged or convicted?
Yes. The only limitation is that you can't pardon someone for a future crime.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Like I said, you're in over your head, and don't know what you're talking about. Kushner had a meeting with Kislyak (those are Kushner's words) and Flynn in Trump tower, discussing a secure communication line between the transition team and Russia, inside the Russian embassy.
And meeting the head of a Russian owned bank, who was appointed by Putin, and a ba

nk under US sanctions, is a big deal.
It's illegal for someone to even discuss certain types of business with those banks.

You should try googling some stuff and get yourself up to speed. Or, just keep calling people imbeciles. Your choice. ;)
Did you Google imbecile?

Still waiting for you to tell me where the lies are, BTW.

So, you're going with "stay ignorant and call people imbeciles".

He submitted a form that said to list all contacts with foreign officials. The first submission did not include a bunch of meetings. That is either a lie, or a mistake.

He submitted a revision. The second submission left out meetings with foreign officials. I'm calling that lying.

What do you call that?
I'm calling you FOS.
The folks who Google everything and think they're smart are the most dangerous kind of stupid
That's an interesting angle to take in a thread where you are completely wrong about the meetings with Kislyak and the Russian bank guy? Or, do you want to deny again, that he didn't meet with Kislyak. Maybe you've already erased that act of incredible ignorance on your part, from your selective memory.
so Obama's admin never met with russian representatives or anyone else from any country.... that is what happens in DC all day every day, how is this shocking?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Like I said, you're in over your head, and don't know what you're talking about. Kushner had a meeting with Kislyak (those are Kushner's words) and Flynn in Trump tower, discussing a secure communication line between the transition team and Russia, inside the Russian embassy.
And meeting the head of a Russian owned bank, who was appointed by Putin, and a ba

nk under US sanctions, is a big deal.
It's illegal for someone to even discuss certain types of business with those banks.

You should try googling some stuff and get yourself up to speed. Or, just keep calling people imbeciles. Your choice. ;)
Did you Google imbecile?

Still waiting for you to tell me where the lies are, BTW.

He submitted a form that said to list all contacts with foreign officials. The first submission did not include a bunch of meetings. That is either a lie, or a mistake.

He submitted a revision. The second submission left out meetings with foreign officials. I'm calling that lying.

What do you call that?
I'm calling you FOS.
The folks who Google everything and think they're smart are the most dangerous kind of stupid
That's an interesting angle to take in a thread where you are completely wrong about the meetings with Kislyak and the Russian bank guy? Or, do you want to deny again, that he didn't meet with Kislyak. Maybe you've already erased that act of incredible ignorance on your part, from your selective memory.
When are you going explain you bullshirt claim of lies again? Your earlier answer is laughable in light of his press release. It sounds like he was being cautious and you're just another truther.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:If it comes to that, he would have the authority to pardon himself. Nothing in the Constitution prevents it.

Yes.

yes, but you have to pardon them from an actual crime, say they are accused of theft, you can pardon them before convicted of the crime, but no you can't issue a blanket pardon for any crime possible.

So right now since we have zero crimes and zero to go on, no Trump cannot pardon anyone currently
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Pardon-gate.
It's nothing but a covfefe
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

What do you call that?
I'm calling you FOS.
When are you going explain you bullshirt claim of lies again? Your earlier answer is laughable in light of his press release. It sounds like he was being cautious and you're just another truther.
First, I'm not sure how omitting meetings with a foreign official, on a form that tells you to disclose all meetings with foreign officials, is "being cautious". Please explain that.

And remember, the meeting your talking about - the one I said he lied about, which you say is laughable, is a meeting that 2 1/2 hours ago you said, "He didn't have a meeting with Kislyak". That's quite the turnaround in such a short period if time.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

What do you call that?
I'm calling you FOS.
First, I'm not sure how omitting meetings with a foreign official, on a form that tells you to disclose all meetings with foreign officials, is "being cautious". Please explain that.

And remember, the meeting your talking about - the one I said he lied about, which you say is laughable, is a meeting that 2 1/2 hours ago you said, "He didn't have a meeting with Kislyak". That's quite the turnaround in such a short period if time.
You know how I can tell you never read his press release?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

Yes.

yes, but you have to pardon them from an actual crime, say they are accused of theft, you can pardon them before convicted of the crime, but no you can't issue a blanket pardon for any crime possible.

So right now since we have zero crimes and zero to go on, no Trump cannot pardon anyone currently
Yes he can. You can have a blanket pardon that covers the Presidential pardon authority. Ford did that for Nixon.

"Now, Therefore, I, Gerald R. Ford, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974."
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Not sure what you know, but I can tell you I haven't read his press release. So what. Is that going to change your being full of shirt? No. But, go ahead, continue trying to deflect from your utter ignorance of the meeting. I didn't need a press release to know that meeting happened. Anyone paying attention didn't need it. You, apparently, needed it.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

Yes.

That's incorrect.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Not sure what you know, but I can tell you I haven't read his press release. So what. Is that going to change your being full of shirt? No. But, go ahead, continue trying to deflect from your utter ignorance of the meeting. I didn't need a press release to know that meeting happened. Anyone paying attention didn't need it. You, apparently, needed it.
You should read it. You have been watching too much fake news.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

You should read it. You have been watching too much fake news.
Is it going to tell me that he didn't have a meeting with Kislyak and Flynn, or will it confirm that you are full of excrement?
I'm 100% sure it's going to tell us all that you were wrong, and full of shirt.

You could have avoided your self-inflicted dumbassery, but you can't really control yourself. You get all jittery when someone mentions Trump, or anyone associated with him.

As for whatever else is in the press release, I don't really care. I'm sure Kushner is a fine fellow, and didn't do anything underhanded or illegal in his meetings. Hopefully he's learned a lesson about being transparent the first time around, and not playing games.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

Yes.

That's incorrect.
ok, so the legal beagles on gma this morning were totally wrong, got it
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

Yes.

That's incorrect.
ok, so the legal beagles on gma this morning were totally wrong, got it
It's shocking I know, but yes.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:LOL. Kushner has had to amend his security clearance form 39 times.

Good job with the swamp.

Kushner Confirms Four Russia Meetings, Calls Them Insignificant - Bloomberg
https://apple.news/AC8i8BdvZQ8GwpHecEdIHFQ

I seriously doubt this. That would be more than once a week. No way that has happened.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:LOL. Kushner has had to amend his security clearance form 39 times.

Good job with the swamp.

Kushner Confirms Four Russia Meetings, Calls Them Insignificant - Bloomberg
https://apple.news/AC8i8BdvZQ8GwpHecEdIHFQ

I seriously doubt this. That would be more than once a week. No way that has happened.

Yep, could be 1 revision with 39 changes vs 39 individual revisions. Or they could be talking about the online form that he's changing before submitting. Either way, sounds like fake news as it's being conveyed.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:And? He has a high level clearance that someone like yourself, being a lover of Trotsky and associating with "Johns", would very likely not be eligible for.

The government thinks he's more trustworthy than you. Maybe something to think about...
I have always assumed (not sure if it is a good assumption or a bad assumption) that a lot of regime officials on both sides could not get a security clearance if they were, say, applying to work as a software developer for a government contractor, but can only get one because the regime wants them to.
This is true. A lot of exceptions made for administration people.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
BigDave wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:And? He has a high level clearance that someone like yourself, being a lover of Trotsky and associating with "Johns", would very likely not be eligible for.

The government thinks he's more trustworthy than you. Maybe something to think about...
I have always assumed (not sure if it is a good assumption or a bad assumption) that a lot of regime officials on both sides could not get a security clearance if they were, say, applying to work as a software developer for a government contractor, but can only get one because the regime wants them to.
Clearly, with Kushner, his position has allowed him to retain his clearance. How many "oops" do you get with regard to your disclosures, before it's clear you can't be trusted?
Clearly? Please explain your rationale and bonafides.
LOL. Lying on the clearance form should be reason enough not to get clearance. He submitted a BS form to start with. Then after months of revising it, he still "left out" meetings. How many chances do you think he should get?
Maybe he should take a polygraph as a test of his trustworthiness. That would be a good start, because the initial results of his clearance process are pretty lousy.
"Meetings" don't show up on your clearance form.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Clearly, with Kushner, his position has allowed him to retain his clearance. How many "oops" do you get with regard to your disclosures, before it's clear you can't be trusted?
Clearly? Please explain your rationale and bonafides.
LOL. Lying on the clearance form should be reason enough not to get clearance. He submitted a BS form to start with. Then after months of revising it, he still "left out" meetings. How many chances do you think he should get?
Maybe he should take a polygraph as a test of his trustworthiness. That would be a good start, because the initial results of his clearance process are pretty lousy.
Polygraphs are not used to determine your trustworthiness. The purpose of a polygraph is to establish a baseline whereby those administering the test can reasonably know whether you are telling the truth or not when questioned.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:[

Agreed. But we know at least not me was with Kislyak, and one was with a Russian banker for on a bank under US sanctions. Those aren't minor.
He didn't have a meeting with Kislyak, he attended an event where he was present and shook his hand. Russian banker? That doesn't mean shirt per the SF-86.

Both are pretty minor in perspective. It's the nutjobs who think you need to name ever taco stand vendor you've encountered in the last 7yrs.
And meeting the head of a Russian owned bank, who was appointed by Putin, and a bank under US sanctions, is a big deal.

There is no place on the SF-86 to document the occurrence of that meeting.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Agreed. But we know at least not me was with Kislyak, and one was with a Russian banker for on a bank under US sanctions. Those aren't minor.
He didn't have a meeting with Kislyak, he attended an event where he was present and shook his hand. Russian banker? That doesn't mean shirt per the SF-86.

Both are pretty minor in perspective. It's the nutjobs who think you need to name ever taco stand vendor you've encountered in the last 7yrs.
And meeting the head of a Russian owned bank, who was appointed by Putin, and a bank under US sanctions, is a big deal.

you're supposed to list contacts and that's where it gets tricky as the democrats are trying to claim him shaking hands with anyone is a contact as well as multi-person meetings from last year. Meanwhile they were A OK with people associated with known terrorists and desires to undermine the government having clearances. It's a glaring display of hypocrisy.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

you're supposed to list contacts and that's where it gets tricky as the democrats are trying to claim him shaking hands with anyone is a contact as well as multi-person meetings from last year. Meanwhile they were A OK with people associated with known terrorists and desires to undermine the government having clearances. It's a glaring display of hypocrisy.
No you don't. That is part of a poly.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

No you don't. That is part of a poly.

I had to and without the poly. Listed trips overseas and all of that too.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Oh good lord...meetings, contacts...he didn't disclose it. I think most people would consider "in-person" a meeting.
Last edited by HokieFanDC on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Oh good lord...meetings, contacts...he didn't disclose it.
uh huh