Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Mccain's 1969 Tokyo Rose Propaganda Recording

Post by Techmomof2 »

https://www.oathkeepers.org/breaking-ne ... -released/

An audio recording has surfaced proving that U.S. Senator John McCain collaborated with the North Vietnamese by recording a “Tokyo Rose”-style propaganda message that was broadcast on North Vietnamese radio in 1969.

For many years, American former P.O.W.s who were in the “Hanoi Hilton” North Vietnamese prison with John McCain called him a “Songbird” who collaborated with the enemy against his own country. They accused him of turning against them and against his own country in exchange for preferential treatment while many of the actually brave and honorable American P.O.W.s endured torture and denial of medical care and food for refusing to collaborate. The P.O.W.s branded McCain a traitor who was no hero, but nonetheless used his fake hero status to rise to political power.

But we only had their word against his – until now. Now, from the U.S. National Archives comes the proof of their allegations; McCain, by his own words, WAS in fact a traitor who collaborated with the enemy by recording a “Tokyo Rose” statement condemning his own nation by admitting “crimes” against the North Vietnamese people, stating “I, as a U.S. airman, am guilty of crimes against the Vietnamese country and people.” McCain’s recorded statement also painted a picture of humane treatment of prisoners even though he knew many of his fellow Americans were being tortured and denied medical care and adequate food. In the recording he is heard to say “I received this kind treatment and food even though I came here as an aggressor and the people who I injured have much difficulty in their living standards. I wish to express my deep gratitude for my kind treatment and I will never forget this kindness extended to me.”
VisorBoy

Re: Mccain's 1969 Tokyo Rose Propaganda Recording

Post by VisorBoy »

Techmomof2 wrote:https://www.oathkeepers.org/breaking-ne ... -released/

An audio recording has surfaced proving that U.S. Senator John McCain collaborated with the North Vietnamese by recording a “Tokyo Rose”-style propaganda message that was broadcast on North Vietnamese radio in 1969.

For many years, American former P.O.W.s who were in the “Hanoi Hilton” North Vietnamese prison with John McCain called him a “Songbird” who collaborated with the enemy against his own country. They accused him of turning against them and against his own country in exchange for preferential treatment while many of the actually brave and honorable American P.O.W.s endured torture and denial of medical care and food for refusing to collaborate. The P.O.W.s branded McCain a traitor who was no hero, but nonetheless used his fake hero status to rise to political power.

But we only had their word against his – until now. Now, from the U.S. National Archives comes the proof of their allegations; McCain, by his own words, WAS in fact a traitor who collaborated with the enemy by recording a “Tokyo Rose” statement condemning his own nation by admitting “crimes” against the North Vietnamese people, stating “I, as a U.S. airman, am guilty of crimes against the Vietnamese country and people.” McCain’s recorded statement also painted a picture of humane treatment of prisoners even though he knew many of his fellow Americans were being tortured and denied medical care and adequate food. In the recording he is heard to say “I received this kind treatment and food even though I came here as an aggressor and the people who I injured have much difficulty in their living standards. I wish to express my deep gratitude for my kind treatment and I will never forget this kindness extended to me.”
McCain mentioned a propaganda recording in his 1999 book. He's been open about it to his credit.

McCain's 1999 book "Faith of My Fathers," co-written with Mark Salter, detailed the emotional toll after his captors finally broke him.

"The next morning, they brought me back to the theater and ordered me to record my confession on tape. I refused, and was beaten until I consented," McCain wrote. "I was returned to my cell and left alone for the next two weeks.

"They were the worst two weeks of my life. I couldn’t rationalize away my confession. I was ashamed. I felt faithless, and couldn’t control my despair. I shook, as if my disgrace were a fever. I kept imagining that they would release my confession to embarrass my father. All my pride was lost, and I doubted I would ever stand up to any man again. Nothing could save me. No one would ever look upon me again with anything but pity or contempt."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/pol ... /88547416/
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

My goodness. The man was brutally tortured and broken. I'm willing to cut him slack.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:My goodness. The man was brutally tortured and broken. I'm willing to cut him slack.
The Cap'n has criticized some on the left for being critical about McCain. But this is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Yikes. JM is a war hero who was tortured and held for years. These attacks are low class.

This country would be so much better off if he would have become President rather than Bush, who was a complete disaster.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:My goodness. The man was brutally tortured and broken. I'm willing to cut him slack.
The Cap'n has criticized some on the left for being critical about McCain. But this is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Houtex is notorious for mocking McCain's POW status..
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote:Yikes. JM is a war hero who was tortured and held for years. These attacks are low class.

This country would be so much better off if he would have become President rather than Bush, who was a complete disaster.
I dunno about that.
Both are RINO-esque

Bush not nearly the disaster he's made to be. Remember, the media would have done to McCain what they did to Bush... McCain today benefits from not having had an unending left wing media drumbeat against him for 8+ years. (media never got past Gore's loss)
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote:
fatman wrote:Yikes. JM is a war hero who was tortured and held for years. These attacks are low class.

I dunno about that.
Both are RINO-esque

Bush not nearly the disaster he's made to be. Remember, the media would have done to McCain what they did to Bush... McCain today benefits from not having had an unending left wing media drumbeat against him for 8+ years. (media never got past Gore's loss)

You can chalk that up to progressive's entitlement mentality.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson