Trump just nuked trannies in the military on Twitter.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Trump just nuked trannies in the military on Twitter.

Post by USN_Hokie »

If you really want to get upset, think about how much the military spends on birth control. The two issues are exactly the same - both are used to supplement your personal sex habits.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:The 14-15K number is absolute horseshit.. absolute garbage. I would guess the actual tranny number in the us miltary is less than 100
No one knows since they couldn't openly do so until recently. But, the estimates are wide ranging, between 1,000 and 6,000ish.
In other words, still a small number of people.
One question, why would it matter for people who aren't in combat positions, whether they are trans or not? I get the medical cost part, and think it's ridiculous that we would pay for trans surgery, but outside of that, what's the big deal?
Any estimate in the 4-figure range is complete, unadulterated, horse shirt.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:The 14-15K number is absolute horseshit.. absolute garbage. I would guess the actual tranny number in the us miltary is less than 100
No one knows since they couldn't openly do so until recently. But, the estimates are wide ranging, between 1,000 and 6,000ish.
One question, why would it matter for people who aren't in combat positions, whether they are trans or not? I get the medical cost part, and think it's ridiculous that we would pay for trans surgery, but outside of that, what's the big deal?
Are you an expert?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Are you an expert?
how many trans are out there in the USA.... hint, it is an extremely small number as not many people are that effed up in the head. Never mind that someone with that issue is likely not joining the military. Yes, some bozos may decide after joining they hate their dong or vagina but statistically alone that number will be very small
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
LOL, this is funny on several levels.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
That's a pretty big "but outside of that"
We should be buying guns and butter, not spending to make Bob a Brenda.
The defense is not the realm for social experimentation nor engineering.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Are you an expert?
how many trans are out there in the USA.... hint, it is an extremely small number as not many people are that effed up in the head. Never mind that someone with that issue is likely not joining the military. Yes, some bozos may decide after joining they hate their dong or vagina but statistically alone that number will be very small
Very few. Put it this way. There are 2M active and reserve military personnel. An estimate of 1,000 people is 0.05%. You know a very small %. And if you ramp that all the way up to 6,000, that's 0.3%, a small %.

But, let's just call it 999 people and agree that's not complete, unalduterated horse shirt.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Are you an expert?
I know someone in the military who had Transgender integration training (or something like that) last month and was told there are ~140ppl in the DoD. DC is just using inflated % assumptions for the US and applying them to the military. Anyone who pretends to know anything about statistics can see the problems with that (even if we assumed the #'s were right).
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Are you an expert?
I know someone in the military who had Transgender integration training (or something like that) last month and was told there are ~140ppl in the DoD. DC is just using inflated % assumptions for the US and applying them to the military. Anyone who pretends to know anything about statistics can see the problems with that (even if we assumed the #'s were right).
DC said "no one knows", and gave a range from a bunch of different people's ESTIMATES. DC isn't using anything.
Apparently there is one person in the world who knows, and has unequivocally determined it is <1,000.

The good news from this determination is that with only 140 trans ppl in the military, the medical cost per year drops to around $200k. Someone should notify Trump that the medical cost issue has been solved. :mrgreen:
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

What would an addadicktome cost? It would seem conversion to "womanish" would be more expensive, parts-wise.
Salute the Marines
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:When I saw the announcement this morning my initial thought was well this isn't going to go over well with an extremely small segment of the population.

It seems I was right. :D
One of the tweeters above says its 14k to 15k active in the military!
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
The good news from this determination is that with only 140 trans ppl in the military, the medical cost per year drops to around $200k. Someone should notify Trump that the medical cost issue has been solved. :mrgreen:
Yeah, 18+ months of non-deployment status for a 2yo enlistment. What a farking deal. :roll:
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: I know someone in the military who had Transgender integration training (or something like that) last month and was told there are ~140ppl in the DoD. DC is just using inflated % assumptions for the US and applying them to the military. Anyone who pretends to know anything about statistics can see the problems with that (even if we assumed the #'s were right).
DC said "no one knows", and gave a range from a bunch of different people's ESTIMATES. DC isn't using anything.
Apparently there is one person in the world who knows, and has unequivocally determined it is <1,000.
Nothing you said conflicts with what I said. You did laugh when I challenged your figures, though.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: I know someone in the military who had Transgender integration training (or something like that) last month and was told there are ~140ppl in the DoD. DC is just using inflated % assumptions for the US and applying them to the military. Anyone who pretends to know anything about statistics can see the problems with that (even if we assumed the #'s were right).
Nothing you said conflicts with what I said. You did laugh when I challenged your figures, though.
I'm not challenging your figures, as I've said twice now, I don't know the number. No one does. I referenced an estimate given by the RAND Corp., which seems like as good a source for military analysis as any. Nothing more, nothing less.

I laughed at your challenge of the figures simply b/c it's laughable to make unequivocable statements about the actual number, and you're refuting numbers from a reputable analytical company, based on no actual knowledge of anything.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
I'm not challenging your figures, as I've said twice now, I don't know the number. No one does. I referenced an estimate given by the RAND Corp., which seems like as good a source for military analysis as any. Nothing more, nothing less.

I laughed at your challenge of the figures simply b/c it's laughable to make unequivocable statements about the actual number, and you're refuting numbers from a reputable analytical company, based on no actual knowledge of anything.
The figures are based on the national (very optimistic, IMO) statistics.

1. When was the ban on trannies lifted?
2. What percentage of the military population joined after that date? (sure, there were undoubtedly closet trannies, but the ban was undoubtedly a deterrent to joining).
3. Under what premise is it assumed that distribution of trannies in the general population would be represented in the military?

Bottom line: the figures are inflated for obvious reasons.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Are you an expert?

Its freaking common sense, why deal with it for one and secondly how many trans fruits are dying to join the military? common sense says very few. But again, why deal with it, strip joints don't hire males for a strip club where the people disrobing are women. The military has no freaking need to hire someone that has no clue if they like their genitals or not
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

Go leftys..this is a good fight for you....What we need more of in our fighting force is members who don't know where their dick is.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Attila T Hun wrote:Go leftys..this is a good fight for you....What we need more of in our fighting force is members who don't know where their dick is.
I'd say they were hoping to get their balls shot off......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Yep Image
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

The number I heard today, 2016 figures... a whopping 188 people.
Salute the Marines
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

RiverguyVT wrote:The number I heard today, 2016 figures... a whopping 188 people.
Well that's 15,000...ish. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

YepImage
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.