Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Re: So does anybody find it curious?

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:[Think that through, your Afghani Uber driver picks you up and you have to report contact? You Unusual people just don't know what you're talking about.
You do, actually. You've never had a top secret clearance.
That is completely false.
If you have a top secret clearance (with Poly) you are supposed to report any contact with foreigners. I know plenty of people who work at the CIA that have to do this. I've never had this level of clearance so I'm not sure where the line is. For example, outside the Nats game my friend did not report it, but she also made a point not to talk to the person we sold the ticket too. Maybe the same could be done.

Everyone that I know with a top secret clearance either works at the CIA or State Department and one person at DOD (diffusing mines) and all have top secret (w/ poly). I didn't realize there was a top secret clearance without poly. My bad. I'm not on the federal payroll so excuse my ignorance and add with poly to statement and it stands.
The "people you know" that work at the CIA can be fired for telling you they do so. That is not kosher -- at all. It's just not done.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Again, you are wrong. The CIA has two different top secret clearances -- IS/TS and ISSA/TS. The first does not require a poly and the later does. Both are TS. The later is more advanced and provides "staff like access", etc. But they are both TS.
I even said as much. I typically don't use absolutes. Everyone I know at the CIA has had a poly. It could be that because I know a person with a poly they tend to work with and know other people with a poly.

Do you work in DC? If so you have to get the reference to "State Department".
You botched that too, it's the meathead ex SEALs that are joked about being State. Bad day for you, as usual.
Not sure I've met a seal or former seal that I would consider a meathead.
Because you haven't met any, they aren't metrosexuals that shop for drapes or think they're having a butch day by drinking PBR. They're not your people.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:[Think that through, your Afghani Uber driver picks you up and you have to report contact? You Unusual people just don't know what you're talking about.
If you have a top secret clearance (with Poly) you are supposed to report any contact with foreigners. I know plenty of people who work at the CIA that have to do this. I've never had this level of clearance so I'm not sure where the line is. For example, outside the Nats game my friend did not report it, but she also made a point not to talk to the person we sold the ticket too. Maybe the same could be done.

Everyone that I know with a top secret clearance either works at the CIA or State Department and one person at DOD (diffusing mines) and all have top secret (w/ poly). I didn't realize there was a top secret clearance without poly. My bad. I'm not on the federal payroll so excuse my ignorance and add with poly to statement and it stands.
The "people you know" that work at the CIA can be fired for telling you they do so. That is not kosher -- at all. It's just not done.
Oh it is done. It isn't supposed to be but it is. I think less than when I first moved here, but it is definitely done. Again, I also know, as I stated, that they are actually told not to.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Again, you are wrong. The CIA has two different top secret clearances -- IS/TS and ISSA/TS. The first does not require a poly and the later does. Both are TS. The later is more advanced and provides "staff like access", etc. But they are both TS.
I even said as much. I typically don't use absolutes. Everyone I know at the CIA has had a poly. It could be that because I know a person with a poly they tend to work with and know other people with a poly.

You botched that too, it's the meathead ex SEALs that are joked about being State. Bad day for you, as usual.
Because you haven't met any, they aren't metrosexuals that shop for drapes or think they're having a butch day by drinking PBR. They're not your people.
Yes, because if someone isn't a meathead they are a metrosexual. Your persona is so stupid.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Yes, because if someone isn't a meathead they are a metrosexual. Your persona is so stupid.
That's another example of poor reasoning on your part. You're a pussy because of how you've defined yourself and personal likes, not because you're also the opposite of a SEAL.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Oh it is done. It isn't supposed to be but it is. I think less than when I first moved here, but it is definitely done. Again, I also know, as I stated, that they are actually told not to.
And they are exactly the kind of people that are problematic there in my experience.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote: You do, actually. You've never had a top secret clearance.

And they are exactly the kind of people that are problematic there in my experience.
They're likely just losers he ran into a cook out who had 1 too many PBRs and started spinning yarns of being wildly mysterious and risky people. DC is full of liars too.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:That's another example of poor reasoning on your part. You're a pussy because of how you've defined yourself and personal likes, not because you're also the opposite of a SEAL.
You think not meathead = metrosexual is good reasoning. That says it all.

I'm definitely the opposite of a SEAL. I could never do what they do. The mental toughness alone would do me in. Not to mention the fitness and everything else they bring to the table. I like being in the water is about where the comparison ends between me and a SEAL ends. I'm not so stupid as to think otherwise.

What are my personal likes and how does that make me a pussy?
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Sounds like you know a lot of bullshitters to me, and your lady friend thought up a good excuse to make you scalp the tickets. :mrgreen:

Honestly - I've never heard of anything like that in my life. FBI/NSA/CIA have their own adjudication processes, but the NSA guys I know use a process very similar. I suppose it's possible someone has an overzealous security officer, but the last thing your investigator wants to do is investigate every person you bought a hotdog from at a Nats game. If fact, doing something like that is precisely what someone who's hiding something might do.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:That's another example of poor reasoning on your part. You're a pussy because of how you've defined yourself and personal likes, not because you're also the opposite of a SEAL.

I'm definitely the opposite of a SEAL. I could never do what they do. The mental toughness alone would do me in. Not to mention the fitness and everything else they bring to the table. I like being in the water is about where the comparison ends between me and a SEAL ends. I'm not so stupid as to think otherwise.

Sad that's what you got out of that, very bad reasoning. 1 car, cook outs, dinner dates are stuff you've mentioned as interests and are pussy land in my opinion. I'm sure sweater wearing is part of the mix too.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote: Not sure I've met a seal or former seal that I would consider a meathead.
Is this a joke?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Sounds like you know a lot of bullshitters to me, and your lady friend thought up a good excuse to make you scalp the tickets. :mrgreen:

Honestly - I've never heard of anything like that in my life. FBI/NSA/CIA have their own adjudication processes, but the NSA guys I know use a process very similar. I suppose it's possible someone has an overzealous security officer, but the last thing your investigator wants to do is investigate every person you bought a hotdog from at a Nats game. If fact, doing something like that is precisely what someone who's hiding something might do.
This is just silliness, no one would even remember such stuff. Like Kushner is expected to remember a 10 minute meeting from a year ago during a campaign. Let alone listing every ethnic restaurant you've eaten at.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote: And Yes, I'm sure there are people that work for the CIA without a poly I just haven't come across them. Hell, a lot of the people I've met that work at Treasury have the top secret clearance (with poly).
You don't work for the government, yet are using the people you met at Pottery Barn as a barometer of clearance needed at the CIA, which you conflated with the State Department? This has to be a bit. JFC.
I wonder what the chances are that these CIA friends of H2 are from Kenya. "Yeah H2, I'd love to meet him personally to buy those tickets, but then I would have to report it for my Super TS clearance polyandrous test gosh darn it. Instead, I'll send you a cashier's check for the amount of the tickets + 10% and you can just write me a check back for the price of the tickets and keep the extra for dealing with that foreigner."

:mrgreen:
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote: Not sure I've met a seal or former seal that I would consider a meathead.
Is this a joke?
No, not at all. I grew up in Va Beach, and a few live in my parents neighborhood. I've met plenty.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote: And Yes, I'm sure there are people that work for the CIA without a poly I just haven't come across them. Hell, a lot of the people I've met that work at Treasury have the top secret clearance (with poly).
You don't work for the government, yet are using the people you met at Pottery Barn as a barometer of clearance needed at the CIA, which you conflated with the State Department? This has to be a bit. JFC.
I wonder what the chances are that these CIA friends of H2 are from Kenya. "Yeah H2, I'd love to meet him personally to buy those tickets, but then I would have to report it for my Super TS clearance polyandrous test gosh darn it. Instead, I'll send you a cashier's check for the amount of the tickets + 10% and you can just write me a check back for the price of the tickets and keep the extra for dealing with that foreigner."

LOL. Poor guy couldn't even eat in DC. He'd have Clyde's and Potbelly and then is SOL.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Richmond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote: I even said as much. I typically don't use absolutes. Everyone I know at the CIA has had a poly. It could be that because I know a person with a poly they tend to work with and know other people with a poly.

That's another example of poor reasoning on your part. You're a pussy because of how you've defined yourself and personal likes, not because you're also the opposite of a SEAL.
Stay [emoji123]

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

LOL. Poor guy couldn't even eat in DC. He'd have Clyde's and Potbelly and then is SOL.
Chinatown is a no-go zone for people with clearances!

Just think of all the incidents border patrol has to report!
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Is this a joke?
No, not at all. I grew up in Va Beach, and a few live in my parents neighborhood. I've met plenty.
I lived there and was even stationed at little creek for a bit. There's some nice guys, and there's some real meat heads.

My favorite - walking my dog one day - big lab, but he loved running up to people (like all labs). Being a big dog, some people would get scared. I came around the corner at my apartment and surprised a guy. As usual, I'd let the person know he was friendly. This meathead says "look at the sticker on the back of my truck *points to giant SEAL sticker on the back of his crappy Dodge brodozer pickup* and ask me if I'm scared." I just laughed and walked away.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Is this a joke?
I lived there and was even stationed at little creek for a bit. There's some nice guys, and there's some real meat heads.

My favorite - walking my dog one day - big lab, but he loved running up to people (like all labs). Being a big dog, some people would get scared. I came around the corner at my apartment and surprised a guy. As usual, I'd let the person know he was friendly. This meathead says "look at the sticker on the back of my truck *points to giant SEAL sticker on the back of his crappy Dodge brodozer pickup* and ask me if I'm scared." I just laughed and walked away.
A sticker a seal does not make.
Tons of "stolen valor" where seals are concerned.
More people claim to be seals, and aren't, than ever were seals since inception.

Most seals aren't out there saying "hey! I'm a seal, dammit!"
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Is this a joke?

A sticker a seal does not make.
Tons of "stolen valor" where seals are concerned.
More people claim to be seals, and aren't, than ever were seals since inception.

Most seals aren't out there saying "hey! I'm a seal, dammit!"
Most SEALs are exactly like that, lol. This guy was in uniform, and his vehicle had base stickers, so that would be a particularly ballsy move on his part to parade himself around as a SEAL on base.

The stolen valor guys you can usually spot from a mile away.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:that our President is trolling his AG pick because he recused himself from the Russia investigation?

It would seem unprecedented. Yet no mention on here? Do we not like Sessions anymore? Is he no longer a Patriot?

To answer your questions on here. One, I think Sessions is fine. However, I think he overreacted in trying to appease his former Senate buddies on both sides of the aisle by prematurely offering up a blanket recusal on all things Russia when there was nothing to recuse himself over. Once any type of investigation revealed a legal, criminal matter then he could have recused himself. But the investigation against Russia is more intelligence related than criminal related; and there is certainly nothing that has come to light that would warrant his recusal.

By recusing himself to stay in good stead with his Senate cronies (I expect he still sees himself as part of that august body!) he neutered the Trump DOJ. So if I was Trump, yeah I'd be pissed at him for immediately recusing himself without any warrant and leaving Trump SOL in the DOJ with an Obama appointee running things. Trump is right, Sessions should have told him his intent upfront, and Trump should have then not appointed him.
Yep. Sessions was gigged with political nitwittery. Old habits die hard, but he should've been smarter than that.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

Further Clarification about top secret (w/ poly) reporting foreign nationals, after repeated questions to someone who had top secret (w/ poly) recently:
A passing or a one-time association did not need to be reported.
Multiple interactions with the same person - could be at a party with the same person a couple times, and you are supposed to report.
Report a single interaction where your job is discussed or there was particular interest about your job. I'm guessing there is some discretion there since, where do you work, is the first question someone asks in this area.

Again, I never had a top secret clearance, never claimed to, don't work for the government and don't plan to. I had some misunderstandings, but the point is unchanged.

As for the National's game, I'm not sure why that would be an issue. Maybe my memory is poor - they were playing at RFK so it's been awhile. Maybe because there was an exchange of money but I'm pretty sure I bought the tickets to begin with? That's how I found out about the reporting in the first place so there was something.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Sad that's what you got out of that, very bad reasoning. 1 car, cook outs, dinner dates are stuff you've mentioned as interests and are pussy land in my opinion. I'm sure sweater wearing is part of the mix too.
Cookouts? Isn't that what most of America does on the 4th. Who doesn't like eating food and drinking with friends and neighbors. Throw in a pool an that's a great afternoon.
1 car? Who measures there manliness with the cars they own? What year of h.s. are you in?
I like to go out to dinner with my wife. I'd assume most married men would enjoy that. If you weren't a persona I'd feel sorry for your wife. I'd bet the real AG is reasonable person that I'd get along with if we were neighbors. Hell, I'd bet I'd even try fishing in a kayak, sounds like it'd be fun.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:Further Clarification about top secret (w/ poly) reporting foreign nationals, after repeated questions to someone who had top secret (w/ poly) recently:
A passing or a one-time association did not need to be reported.
Multiple interactions with the same person - could be at a party with the same person a couple times, and you are supposed to report.
Report a single interaction where your job is discussed or there was particular interest about your job. I'm guessing there is some discretion there since, where do you work, is the first question someone asks in this area.

Again, I never had a top secret clearance, never claimed to, don't work for the government and don't plan to. I had some misunderstandings, but the point is unchanged.

As for the National's game, I'm not sure why that would be an issue. Maybe my memory is poor - they were playing at RFK so it's been awhile. Maybe because there was an exchange of money but I'm pretty sure I bought the tickets to begin with? That's how I found out about the reporting in the first place so there was something.
Your point is unchanged after it was crushed? That's why you're special.