Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: So does anybody find it curious?

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:[Think that through, your Afghani Uber driver picks you up and you have to report contact? You Unusual people just don't know what you're talking about.
You do, actually. You've never had a top secret clearance.
That is completely false.
If you have a top secret clearance (with Poly) you are supposed to report any contact with foreigners. I know plenty of people who work at the CIA that have to do this. I've never had this level of clearance so I'm not sure where the line is. For example, outside the Nats game my friend did not report it, but she also made a point not to talk to the person we sold the ticket too. Maybe the same could be done.

Everyone that I know with a top secret clearance either works at the CIA or State Department and one person at DOD (diffusing mines) and all have top secret (w/ poly). I didn't realize there was a top secret clearance without poly. My bad. I'm not on the federal payroll so excuse my ignorance and add with poly to statement and it stands.
You're still in retard land by thinking you have to report taxi rides.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:that our President is trolling his AG pick because he recused himself from the Russia investigation?

It would seem unprecedented. Yet no mention on here? Do we not like Sessions anymore? Is he no longer a Patriot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My take on this admin:
I don't really like theDonald, but.... wow! Is he ever lightyears better than the alternative would have been. Had she been elected, kiss this country good bye. So, I'm willing to tolerate some of his.."peculiarities".
He trolled Sessions, and voila'! Sessions makes a few announcements. I like Sessions quite a bit. HOWEVER... I'm disappointed that we've seen relative inaction from Justice so far. His recusal wasn't surprising to me.

The "russia-rrussia-russia" thing is absurd. Completely.
Want to investigate russian influence? Look back at the prior admin

For that matter, if moves were to be made against Clinton, Inc., you'd see a large swath of America rejoice.
Maybe this Russia thing is a big witch hunt Trump and his appointees are not acting that way. If it's no big deal why did they not disclose meeting with foreign nationals from Russia for a security clearance. It's a pretty routine thing. Hell, when you have a top secret security clearance you are supposed to fill out a form any time you meet someone that is a foreign national. They are acting like I would expect someone that is guilty to act.

The same goes for the Trump/Sessions outrage which has something to do with him recusing himself form the investigation. If there is nothing then let them find nothing. It just seems odd.

And the usual's can just ignore my post or at least note that at no point in my post did I say there was collusion between Russia and Trump.
Think that through, your Afghani Uber driver picks you up and you have to report contact? You Unusual people just don't know what you're talking about.
How do you know your Uber driver is an Afghani. Maybe they're an American citizen.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:[Think that through, your Afghani Uber driver picks you up and you have to report contact? You Unusual people just don't know what you're talking about.
If you have a top secret clearance (with Poly) you are supposed to report any contact with foreigners. I know plenty of people who work at the CIA that have to do this. I've never had this level of clearance so I'm not sure where the line is. For example, outside the Nats game my friend did not report it, but she also made a point not to talk to the person we sold the ticket too. Maybe the same could be done.

Everyone that I know with a top secret clearance either works at the CIA or State Department and one person at DOD (diffusing mines) and all have top secret (w/ poly). I didn't realize there was a top secret clearance without poly. My bad. I'm not on the federal payroll so excuse my ignorance and add with poly to statement and it stands.
https://news.clearancejobs.com/2017/04/ ... -contacts/
But you're right though.....
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2017/04/ ... -contacts/
But you're right though.....
I am right and you're a moron. Contact is "significant contact", it's for people you have some kind of relationship with, not people you bump into on the street. I'll mark you down as another Google Powered Retard as you really think eating at a Vietnamese restaurant is a reportable contact. Bless your heart.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:that our President is trolling his AG pick because he recused himself from the Russia investigation?

It would seem unprecedented. Yet no mention on here? Do we not like Sessions anymore? Is he no longer a Patriot?

My take on this admin:
I don't really like theDonald, but.... wow! Is he ever lightyears better than the alternative would have been. Had she been elected, kiss this country good bye. So, I'm willing to tolerate some of his.."peculiarities".
He trolled Sessions, and voila'! Sessions makes a few announcements. I like Sessions quite a bit. HOWEVER... I'm disappointed that we've seen relative inaction from Justice so far. His recusal wasn't surprising to me.

The "russia-rrussia-russia" thing is absurd. Completely.
Want to investigate russian influence? Look back at the prior admin

For that matter, if moves were to be made against Clinton, Inc., you'd see a large swath of America rejoice.
Maybe this Russia thing is a big witch hunt Trump and his appointees are not acting that way. If it's no big deal why did they not disclose meeting with foreign nationals from Russia for a security clearance. It's a pretty routine thing. Hell, when you have a top secret security clearance you are supposed to fill out a form any time you meet someone that is a foreign national. They are acting like I would expect someone that is guilty to act.

The same goes for the Trump/Sessions outrage which has something to do with him recusing himself form the investigation. If there is nothing then let them find nothing. It just seems odd.

And the usual's can just ignore my post or at least note that at no point in my post did I say there was collusion between Russia and Trump.
Think that through, your Afghani Uber driver picks you up and you have to report contact? You Unusual people just don't know what you're talking about.
How do you know your Uber driver is an Afghani. Maybe they're an American citizen.
He tells you. Then H2 is modifying his e-quip and starting an investigation.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:I am right and you're a moron. Contact is "significant contact", it's for people you have some kind of relationship with, not people you bump into on the street. I'll mark you down as another Google Powered Retard as you really think eating at a Vietnamese restaurant is a reportable contact. Bless your heart.
It isn't a "significant" contact and they do advise you to report everything. Do people report an uber ride, probably not. Although, unlike cab drivers in DC metro, "many" uber drivers seem to be U.S. born.
But you wouldn't know because you don't have the top secret clearance and you don't seem to know anyone who does. But once again, you're right.
People who know, know.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Going back to the OP, it is interesting Sessions just announced going after leakers (theDon's #1 heartache).

Prez's frustration is likely that the 5th column media is driving the narrative; if Sessions unleashed the hounds of hell on the last admin, certain congress people & etc., the narrative shifts & he likely wouldn't be getting so publicly called out.

?message received?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote:Going back to the OP, it is interesting Sessions just announced going after leakers (theDon's #1 heartache).

Prez's frustration is likely that the 5th column media is driving the narrative; if Sessions unleashed the hounds of hell on the last admin, certain congress people & etc., he likely wouldn't be getting so publicly called out.

?message received?
Emphasis added.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I am right and you're a moron. Contact is "significant contact", it's for people you have some kind of relationship with, not people you bump into on the street. I'll mark you down as another Google Powered Retard as you really think eating at a Vietnamese restaurant is a reportable contact. Bless your heart.
It isn't a "significant" contact and they do advise you to report everything. Do people report an uber ride, probably not. Although, unlike cab drivers in DC metro, "many" uber drivers seem to be U.S. born.
But you wouldn't know because you don't have the top secret clearance and you don't seem to know anyone who does. But once again, you're right.
You can't be this dense, they're not tracking incidental contacts like taxi rides or ethnic restaurant visits, it is a significant contact that is reported. Again you're wrong, like everything else in this thread. I have a TS clearance with 2 different agencies and have been through the process unlike you who are just Googling and not comprehending your search results. Critical thinking skills could have saved you this embarrassment, if you had them.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote: Life-style poly? I found this out while selling an extra Nats ticket with friends about 10 years ago.
Do you still think you need to report the cab ride?
So you don't have the lifestyle poly? That explains it.
Lifestyle poly isn't part of TS. You don't know what you're talking about, as usual.
Yes, it's required for working at the agency "State Department".
Absolutely not true. As a State Department employee you can obtain a TS/SCI clearance thru DSS without any polygraph. In fact, it is the norm.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote: Life-style poly? I found this out while selling an extra Nats ticket with friends about 10 years ago.
Lifestyle poly isn't part of TS. You don't know what you're talking about, as usual.
Absolutely not true. As a State Department employee you can obtain a TS/SCI clearance thru DSS without any polygraph. In fact, it is the norm.
Yep. These guys think everyone is a spy. It's hilarious.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:Going back to the OP, it is interesting Sessions just announced going after leakers (theDon's #1 heartache).

Prez's frustration is likely that the 5th column media is driving the narrative; if Sessions unleashed the hounds of hell on the last admin, certain congress people & etc., the narrative shifts & he likely wouldn't be getting so publicly called out.

?message received?
Yep
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

To answer your questions on here. One, I think Sessions is fine. However, I think he overreacted in trying to appease his former Senate buddies on both sides of the aisle by prematurely offering up a blanket recusal on all things Russia when there was nothing to recuse himself over. Once any type of investigation revealed a legal, criminal matter then he could have recused himself. But the investigation against Russia is more intelligence related than criminal related; and there is certainly nothing that has come to light that would warrant his recusal.

By recusing himself to stay in good stead with his Senate cronies (I expect he still sees himself as part of that august body!) he neutered the Trump DOJ. So if I was Trump, yeah I'd be pissed at him for immediately recusing himself without any warrant and leaving Trump SOL in the DOJ with an Obama appointee running things. Trump is right, Sessions should have told him his intent upfront, and Trump should have then not appointed him.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
"State Department" was in quotes. Follow the thread "State Department" means CIA. I even said, it is required for working at the agency...... Central Intelligence Agency.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

And Yes, I'm sure there are people that work for the CIA without a poly I just haven't come across them. Hell, a lot of the people I've met that work at Treasury have the top secret clearance (with poly).
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Do you still think you need to report the cab ride?
"State Department" was in quotes. Follow the thread "State Department" means CIA. I even said, it is required for working at the agency...... Central Intelligence Agency.
LOL, still not true.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:Yep. These guys think everyone is a spy. It's hilarious.
99 percent (not an exact number) of the people that work at the CIA are not spies. You know so much!
People who know, know.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Do you still think you need to report the cab ride?
LOL. Stop digging.
Ok, you're right. Top secret clearance does not require a poly at either the State Department or CIA or NSA (although I don't actually know anyone at the NSA but I'm pretty sure it is required there as well) and the people that I know at the State Department really might be at the agency.
The "Top Secret" clearance level is the highest and most difficult security clearance for CIA officers to obtain. However, most positions in the CIA, including agent, investigator or asset, require a Top Secret clearance. A Top Secret clearance requires an extensive background investigation going back to the candidate's 18th birthday and needs to be reinvestigated every five years once granted. As unauthorized divulgence of Top Secret information would pose an exceptional threat to national security, CIA officers are typically required to pass a Single Scope Background Investigation polygraph examination to verify background information prior to being granted a Top Secret clearance.
http://oureverydaylife.com/clearances-c ... 14554.html

Clearly, you're right, I'm wrong, as usual.
Again, you are wrong. The CIA has two different top secret clearances -- IS/TS and ISSA/TS. The first does not require a poly and the later does. Both are TS. The later is more advanced and provides "staff like access", etc. But they are both TS.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

And Yes, I'm sure there are people that work for the CIA without a poly I just haven't come across them. Hell, a lot of the people I've met that work at Treasury have the top secret clearance (with poly).
You don't work for the government, yet are using the people you met at Pottery Barn as a barometer of clearance needed at the CIA, which you conflated with the State Department? This has to be a bit. JFC.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Yep. These guys think everyone is a spy. It's hilarious.
99 percent (not an exact number) of the people that work at the CIA are not spies. You know so much!
LOL. No wonder you're kept in the corner in a small company, such a joy to converse with.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Ok, you're right. Top secret clearance does not require a poly at either the State Department or CIA or NSA (although I don't actually know anyone at the NSA but I'm pretty sure it is required there as well) and the people that I know at the State Department really might be at the agency.
The "Top Secret" clearance level is the highest and most difficult security clearance for CIA officers to obtain. However, most positions in the CIA, including agent, investigator or asset, require a Top Secret clearance. A Top Secret clearance requires an extensive background investigation going back to the candidate's 18th birthday and needs to be reinvestigated every five years once granted. As unauthorized divulgence of Top Secret information would pose an exceptional threat to national security, CIA officers are typically required to pass a Single Scope Background Investigation polygraph examination to verify background information prior to being granted a Top Secret clearance.

Yep, you're wrong as usual. The lifestyle
poly is an additional badge on top of TS and is only required for certain positions. That's why they used language like "typically" instead of "required" as you did. Not to mention you spoke of State Department and then dug deeper with a CIA link apparently thinking the CIA is part of the State Department.
It's still called a Top Secret clearance. The state department thing is a joke. People that work at the agency tend to tell people they work at the State Department (even though they are told not to). I thought it was common knowledge and that you knew what you were talking about. Now you know.
Actually those employees that are not overt use DoD, DoS, private sector, FBI, etc. as their cover. They aren't all State, even at the embassy.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:Again, you are wrong. The CIA has two different top secret clearances -- IS/TS and ISSA/TS. The first does not require a poly and the later does. Both are TS. The later is more advanced and provides "staff like access", etc. But they are both TS.
I even said as much. I typically don't use absolutes. Everyone I know at the CIA has had a poly. It could be that because I know a person with a poly they tend to work with and know other people with a poly.

Do you work in DC? If so you have to get the reference to "State Department".
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Yep, you're wrong as usual. The lifestyle
poly is an additional badge on top of TS and is only required for certain positions. That's why they used language like "typically" instead of "required" as you did. Not to mention you spoke of State Department and then dug deeper with a CIA link apparently thinking the CIA is part of the State Department.
It's still called a Top Secret clearance. The state department thing is a joke. People that work at the agency tend to tell people they work at the State Department (even though they are told not to). I thought it was common knowledge and that you knew what you were talking about. Now you know.
Actually those employees that are not overt use DoD, DoS, private sector, FBI, etc. as their cover. They aren't all State, even at the embassy.
Which makes it all the more entertaining, no? They are actually told not to do that.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Again, you are wrong. The CIA has two different top secret clearances -- IS/TS and ISSA/TS. The first does not require a poly and the later does. Both are TS. The later is more advanced and provides "staff like access", etc. But they are both TS.
I even said as much. I typically don't use absolutes. Everyone I know at the CIA has had a poly. It could be that because I know a person with a poly they tend to work with and know other people with a poly.

You botched that too, it's the meathead ex SEALs that are joked about being State. Bad day for you, as usual.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

You botched that too, it's the meathead ex SEALs that are joked about being State. Bad day for you, as usual.
Not sure I've met a seal or former seal that I would consider a meathead.
People who know, know.