Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Trump and Jamboree

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Can someone give me the 140 character synopsis of what trump said at the jamboree to get peeps riled up? Did he curse or just make it political.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Re: Trump and Jamboree

Post by BigDave »

Pointed out that he was there unlike Obama.

Scouts cheered and chanted for Trump, which I think is a large part of the complaining.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Can someone give me the 140 character synopsis of what trump said at the jamboree to get peeps riled up? Did he curse or just make it political.
he turned it into a political rally, touting his win in the election and threatening people over Obama care.

But I'm not sure what the boy scouts expected. trump is who he is. they should have known what sort of speech he'd give.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:Can someone give me the 140 character synopsis of what trump said at the jamboree to get peeps riled up? Did he curse or just make it political.
he turned it into a political rally, touting his win in the election and threatening people over Obama care.

But I'm not sure what the boy scouts expected. trump is who he is. they should have known what sort of speech he'd give.
yea, the chants of usa and the cheering was to much for the MSM. Yep the scouts are not political at all, unless a she wants to join them. Or they do activities that are manly.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

anybody that applauds Trump is a racist.....so the whole scout organization is the KKK
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

yea, the chants of usa and the cheering was to much for the MSM. Yep the scouts are not political at all, unless a she wants to join them. Or they do activities that are manly.
There was no reason to bring up Obama. Poor form by Trump, but to be expected.

Trump is low class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Trump is low class.

Obama is a victim.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

He strayed off topic and did get political
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Trump is low class.

Obama is a victim.
Hahahahaha! Excellent.

Yet Obeezy isn't low class for commenting on current Preezy policy......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Is there anything he won't lie about?

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:Is there anything he won't lie about?

Fake news.
“We are not aware of any call from national BSA leadership to the White House,” the source said.

To be clear, the Scouts haven't completely denied that their leadership made such a call. Might there have been one before they realized the PR crisis they had on their hands? Sure.
LOL, another anonymous source....who may or may not actually speak for the organization or be in a position to know. But, glad to see the MSM is fact-checking the important stuff. Too bad CNN didn't put this much effort into the pissgate dossier.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

How about the alleged call from the president of Mexico?

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Trump is low class.

Low class is not showing up...like the black guy.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:How about the alleged call from the president of Mexico?
I don't know, what does that have to do with the Boy Scouts loving Trump's speech?

Hooker pee DNA tests come back yet?
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

USN_Hokie wrote:
I don't know, what does that have to do with the Boy Scouts loving Trump's speech?

It demonstrates his propensity for lying about such things. But you knew that.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Citing an article with a lie in it to call someone else a liar is a bold strategy.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote: It demonstrates his propensity for lying about such things.
:lol:
...and then he launched hundreds of Tomahawk missiles at Iraq as a distraction.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Wag the Dog
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
By God, I was told I could keep my doctor and would save $2,500 per year in healthcare costs......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

HokieHam wrote:By God, I was told I could keep my doctor and would save $2,500 per year in healthcare costs......
I always liked it when they had that "fight the smears" website where one of the smears they were fighting is the Republican "lie" that you might not be able to keep your insurance plan ...
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Trump is FRIGHTENINGLY INSECURE FOR AN INDIVIDUAL THAT HOLDS THE MOST POWERFUL OFFICE IN THE WORLD.

FTFY
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Citing an article with a lie in it to call someone else a liar is a bold strategy.
Trump should apologize for lying. And he should apologize to Sarah for having to go out there and lie about his lying.
I know, I know, when he said "call", he didn't mean call, he meant in person. I think we can all agree that's the same thing. :roll:

And when he said the head of the Boy Scouts, he really meant some Boy Scout leaders at the Jamboree, not "the head".

No big deal. Just another day.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Trump should apologize for lying. And he should apologize to Sarah for having to go out there and lie about his lying.
I know, I know, when he said "call", he didn't mean call, he meant in person. I think we can all agree that's the same thing. :roll:

And when he said the head of the Boy Scouts, he really meant some Boy Scout leaders at the Jamboree, not "the head".

wth would it matter if it was an in person or phone call, secondly, only Trump and the person he talked to know how high up the BS person was, geez

get over the TDS
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

wth would it matter if it was an in person or phone call, secondly, only Trump and the person he talked to know how high up the BS person was, geez

get over the TDS
LOL. It matters b/c having heads of state call each other is not routine.
You should take that up with the WH Press Secretary. She seems to know all the details. Are you calling her a liar now!?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: I don't know, what does that have to do with the Boy Scouts loving Trump's speech?

get over the TDS
LOL. It matters b/c having heads of state call each other is not routine.
You should take that up with the WH Press Secretary. She seems to know all the details. Are you calling her a liar now!?
I feel bad for that girl with the hick accent.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.