Re: Another day, another teacher

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
What the heck do you call all the schools on the east side of Richmond? FWIW, Short Pump has always been the west-end...just no one lived there. It was a place to have field parties.
Eastern Richmond vs. Eastern Henrico. Arrestafield hasn't gotten directional yet.
Chesterfield is southside. The part of Henrico county that is east of Richmond, is the east end. Eastern henrico county is east of Richmond.
The kids now have the old west end as part of "Eastern Henrico". Parham area got demoted. Makes since too as those areas are more druggy and lower rent vs. The glory days. Short Pump has all the mojo.
No they don't. You have no idea what you are talking about!
you don't know what you're talking about.
I've lived out here for 60 F'n years. I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You, on the other hand, know absolutely nothing about western Henrico County based on your comments.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Eastern Richmond vs. Eastern Henrico. Arrestafield hasn't gotten directional yet.
Chesterfield is southside. The part of Henrico county that is east of Richmond, is the east end. Eastern henrico county is east of Richmond.
The kids now have the old west end as part of "Eastern Henrico". Parham area got demoted. Makes since too as those areas are more druggy and lower rent vs. The glory days. Short Pump has all the mojo.
I've lived out here for 60 F'n years. I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You, on the other hand, know absolutely nothing about western Henrico County based on your comments.
Aren't you in FL now? The directional followed the growth. Do the test, tell a young'n that you're going to the west end and they'll think Short Pump. Most people that moved here the last 15 years will say the same.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Aren't you in FL now? The directional followed the growth. Do the test, tell a young'n that you're going to the west end and they'll think Short Pump. Most people that moved here the last 15 years will say the same.
Split time between FL and RIC now -- currently in RIC.

Freeman HS is considered the west end. Godwin HS is considered the west end. Deep Run HS is considered Glen Allen. Short Pump is actually called Short Pump, not the west end.

People that moved here 15 years ago (post 9/11 -- think about that!) don't know what they are talking about so their knowledge is limited and their opinion is irrelevant.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:The kids now have the old west end as part of "Eastern Henrico". Parham area got demoted. Makes since too as those areas are more druggy and lower rent vs. The glory days. Short Pump has all the mojo.

Freeman HS is considered the west end. Godwin HS is considered the west end. Deep Run HS is considered Glen Allen. Short Pump is actually called Short Pump, not the west end.

People that moved here 15 years ago (post 9/11 -- think about that!) don't know what they are talking about so their knowledge is limited and their opinion is irrelevant.
They out number us that have lived here over 40 years. Their opinion matters, unfortunately. And when they hear "west end", they look at the western part of the county and see Short Pump. Even the 20 somethings think this way. Should have a picked a name instead of a directional indicator as you got out wested. Gouchland is about to take the torch anyway.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: No they don't. You have no idea what you are talking about!

They out number us that have lived here over 40 years. Their opinion matters, unfortunately. And when they hear "west end", they look at the western part of the county and see Short Pump. Even the 20 somethings think this way. Should have a picked a name instead of a directional indicator as you got out wested. Gouchland is about to take the torch anyway.
You also think that 360 runs through Powhatan. Let people who know Richmond impart Richmond knowledge. You don't know what you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:you don't know what you're talking about.

You also think that 360 runs through Powhatan. Let people who know Richmond impart Richmond knowledge. You don't know what you are talking about.

All of your hick counties are the same to me
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: I've lived out here for 60 F'n years. I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You, on the other hand, know absolutely nothing about western Henrico County based on your comments.

All of your hick counties are the same to me
Fair point.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

West End, you never disappoint! LOL

ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

VTDante wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
dang, the teachers have gotten alot more horny then when I went to High school
Or social media is making it harder to keep it on the down low.

Godwin > Freeman

Always and forever. And as a Short Pump guy born and raised(ShoPo forever), the only thing labeled as eastern henrico is scary, dangerous, and country. There is near west end, libbie/grove area and there is the far west end, Short Pump.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: No they don't. You have no idea what you are talking about!

They don't outnumber those of us that have been here a long time -- not even close. A few thousand new millennials living downtown or in the fan (they don't even know the actual boundaries of the fan for that matter) has no bearing on the west end of Henrico. They don't know about it, they don't talk about it, and mostly they don't live out there. If you knew anything about Henrico County you would know that.

You're out of your element on this one. I know you want to argue to the death, but you are sorely outmatched historically and factually. IIWII. I know you will never admit you are wrong; it isn't your nature. So I'm just done here. Those that know Henrico, the West End, and Short Pump know the reality.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Always and forever. And as a Short Pump guy born and raised(ShoPo forever), the only thing labeled as eastern henrico is scary, dangerous, and country. There is near west end, libbie/grove area and there is the far west end, Short Pump.
As a Varina boy I resemble that remark :!: :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:Always and forever. And as a Short Pump guy born and raised(ShoPo forever), the only thing labeled as eastern henrico is scary, dangerous, and country. There is near west end, libbie/grove area and there is the far west end, Short Pump.
As a Varina boy I resemble that remark :!: :mrgreen:
Now THAT'S the east end!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:you don't know what you're talking about.

They don't outnumber those of us that have been here a long time -- not even close. A few thousand new millennials living downtown or in the fan (they don't even know the actual boundaries of the fan for that matter) has no bearing on the west end of Henrico. They don't know about it, they don't talk about it, and mostly they don't live out there. If you knew anything about Henrico County you would know that.

You're out of your element on this one. I know you want to argue to the death, but you are sorely outmatched historically and factually. IIWII. I know you will never admit you are wrong; it isn't your nature. So I'm just done here. Those that know Henrico, the West End, and Short Pump know the reality.
Short Pump people sound like yankees. There's only 1 house out there that's older than 20 years old! LOL
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: Split time between FL and RIC now -- currently in RIC.

Short Pump people sound like yankees. There's only 1 house out there that's older than 20 years old! LOL
Short Pump is transient. That's where all the northerners come in and relocate. It's the area they hear about from the real estate agents. The houses flip like hot cakes because they come and go so fast.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Short Pump is 2 generations in, maybe almost 3. I was in the first that got born and raised. The second generation would remember the Short Pump town center being built, the third would be getting raised there now. I remember west broad street being a country, two lane road. If you don't remember the plane on top of the service station, then you are 2nd generation.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Someone can call the western side of Henrico, eastern Henrico, but that just makes them idiots. I guess it's possible they don't know Henrico County well east of the airport, but that's hard to believe. I can tell you this, no Rebels will call it the east end. Or Tigers. Or Panthers. Or Patriots. Or Senators. The rest of the schools are just interlopers.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Someone can call the western side of Henrico, eastern Henrico, but that just makes them idiots. I guess it's possible they don't know Henrico County well east of the airport, but that's hard to believe. I can tell you this, no Rebels will call it the east end. Or Tigers. Or Panthers. Or Patriots. Or Senators. The rest of the schools are just interlopers.

They're from New Jersey. Henrico ends at Parham to them.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:They out number us that have lived here over 40 years. Their opinion matters, unfortunately. And when they hear "west end", they look at the western part of the county and see Short Pump. Even the 20 somethings think this way. Should have a picked a name instead of a directional indicator as you got out wested. Gouchland is about to take the torch anyway.

My bad, I thought I just say a redneck assert that Douglas Freeman is in Eastern Henrico. Was your account hacked?

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: They don't outnumber those of us that have been here a long time -- not even close. A few thousand new millennials living downtown or in the fan (they don't even know the actual boundaries of the fan for that matter) has no bearing on the west end of Henrico. They don't know about it, they don't talk about it, and mostly they don't live out there. If you knew anything about Henrico County you would know that.

My bad, I thought I just say a redneck assert that Douglas Freeman is in Eastern Henrico. Was your account hacked?

English please
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

English please
I thought I saw a redneck say that DF is in Eastern Henrico.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

This is the worst purse fight thread ever.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:This is the worst purse fight thread ever.
Maybe you could help your buddy read a map.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

133743Hokie wrote:Now THAT'S the east end!
In my day it's was land's end...where Henrico County ended and Charles City County started. :mrgreen:

When I was a far, far, far east-ender it was considered that Mechanicsville Turnpike was the boundary.

Highland Springs, Fair Oaks, Sandston, Seven Pines, Elko, Bottoms Bridge (on the West side of the Chickahominy River), the Airport and yes even Montrose. :D

The Fair Grounds, Glen Lea and Henrico HS...well basically everything between Mechanicsville Turnpike and Chamberlayne Road was no man's land.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote: For elementary school? Yeah, maybe he is. Regardless, not really sure this is representative. You can cite a single example to represent whatever opinion you want.
Teacher 'seduced high school football star, 16,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tails.html
Ohio teacher Stacy Schuler accused of sex with football players, files insanity plea
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-teache ... nity-plea/
Christine Scarlett, the former substitute teacher who seduced the captain of the Strongsville High School football team, was led out of court in handcuffs Tuesday.
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007/06 ... n_jai.html
A 42-year-old California woman has been arrested for allegedly having sex with three high school football players.
https://nypost.com/2017/03/02/woman-acc ... -athletes/
You've spent a lot of time and energy judging the physical attraction of young men. Just sayin'
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Now THAT'S the east end!
In my day it's was land's end...where Henrico County ended and Charles City County started. :mrgreen:

When I was a far, far, far east-ender it was considered that Mechanicsville Turnpike was the boundary.

Highland Springs, Fair Oaks, Sandston, Seven Pines, Elko, Bottoms Bridge (on the West side of the Chickahominy River), the Airport and yes even Montrose. :D

The Fair Grounds, Glen Lea and Henrico HS...well basically everything between Mechanicsville Turnpike and Chamberlayne Road was no man's land.
Lots of necks.