Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Oh good grief...

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Oh good grief...

Post by USN_Hokie »

I'm pretty sure I've seen PETA make this argument before.
Pet ownership in the United States creates about 64 million tons of carbon dioxide a year, UCLA researchers found. That's the equivalent of driving 13.6 million cars for a year. The problem lies with the meat-filled diets of kitties and pooches, according to the study by UCLA geography professor Gregory Okin.
Umm...what?
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Re: Oh good grief...

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

I guess we should go ahead and have all the pets euthanized to save the environment. Then we can move on to livestock (cattle, chicken, turkey, pigs) cause they are even worse for the environment. Next we have to go after the fish because that is destroying the oceans.

So now everyone will need to subsists on plant based proteins. Wonder what the per acre conversion of protein of plant based vs animal based proteins are? But wait, in order to produce those plant based proteins you need fertilizer in massive amounts because the soil will not produce that level of crops for long, but that runoff will pollute the water...oh my....

Guess we should just go ahead and jump right to endstate. Just euthanize people until we get to a population that can be sustained without impacting the environment. Everyone go ahead and line up quietly so we can save the planet.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.