Just met the libertarian candidate for gov of Va. Not

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

Just met the libertarian candidate for gov of Va. Not

Post by oaktonhokie »

impressed.

Seemed like a politician, or a wanna be.

He said he is against the pipeline. I asked why and he said the way the state is seizing people's land. I said that can't be true, they have to pay for it. He said they are paying, but not enough. And um, they are hurrying it through without the proper environmental studies.

I asked if the environment was a concern. He said yes, that and the compensation.

I asked about sanctuary cities. He said it depends on the definition and he thinks that felons here illegally should be deported but checking people's status for minor offenses is bad because they need to work with people to call the cops when necessary. I said that is crap and i don't believe it. I said people here illegally should be sent home. He agreed. Or something.

He is for the second amendment and for legalizing pot, because of the money spent fighting it and the revenue potential if it's legal.

I told him that as of now i'd vote for him as a protest candidate since i don't think i can vote for gillespie, but i'll pay attention and see if i'm voting for him or against the republican.

Not impressed.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Just met the libertarian candidate for gov of Va. Not

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Was that the patent attorney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

He said he's a hokie, living in richmond. I think he said he's an attorney. Young guy, seemed nice enough. He just seemed to want to be on both sides of every issue. Except pot. He was clearly for legalization.

I asked from which candidate he'll take the most votes, he said both sides.

ip_law-hokie wrote:Was that the patent attorney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Sounds like your average libertarian candidate - a liberal who likes weed.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

oaktonhokie wrote:impressed.

He said he is against the pipeline. I asked why and he said the way the state is seizing people's land. I said that can't be true, they have to pay for it. He said they are paying, but not enough. And um, they are hurrying it through without the proper environmental studies.

I asked if the environment was a concern. He said yes, that and the compensation.

I asked about sanctuary cities. He said it depends on the definition and he thinks that felons here illegally should be deported but checking people's status for minor offenses is bad because they need to work with people to call the cops when necessary. I said that is crap and i don't believe it. I said people here illegally should be sent home. He agreed. Or something.

He is for the second amendment and for legalizing pot, because of the money spent fighting it and the revenue potential if it's legal.

I told him that as of now i'd vote for him as a protest candidate since i don't think i can vote for gillespie, but i'll pay attention and see if i'm voting for him or against the republican.

Not impressed.
What the hell is wrong with these envirotwits and "proper environmental studies" :?: The pipeline has gone thru every hoop, dotted their I's and crossed their T's.

We have NG pipelines located all thru Smyth County as part of Spectra Energy storage and transmission lines in Saltville. We have lines running thru our property...hell except for the pumping stations you wouldn't even know they were there.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:impressed.

Not impressed.
What the hell is wrong with these envirotwits and "proper environmental studies" :?: The pipeline has gone thru every hoop, dotted their I's and crossed their T's.

We have NG pipelines located all thru Smyth County as part of Spectra Energy storage and transmission lines in Saltville. We have lines running thru our property...hell except for the pumping stations you wouldn't even know they were there.
By that they mean it's wasn't denied. The libertarian thinks the government should have stopped it.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Cliff Hyra, yeah he's the tech grad patent attorney.

http://cliffhyra.com/index.php/issues/

Per his website, he apparently thinks privatizing alcohol sales and liberalizing restaurant liquor laws is one of the top issues facing Virginians. :|

No mention of immigration or the second amendment at all, which is an answer in and of itself. I guess he thinks this pipeline opposition plays well with folks in Southwest:
On the Pipeline Proposals

“I oppose the taking of private land by the federal government for the benefit of private companies such as Dominion. I would ensure that the environmental review is conducted fairly and thoroughly, according to the law, without any favoritism shown to Dominion because of its size or perceived political clout. Virginia’s excellent eminent domain reforms need to be enshrined in the state Constitution to avoid backtracking from future legislatures.” – Cliff Hyra