Is Netflix approaching a credibility problem?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: Is Netflix approaching a credibility problem?

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Who was that guy we used to have here who was an evangelical vegan? LOL
Animal rights and all... :lol:
Uprising

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: Is Netflix approaching a credibility problem?

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:I don't know that answer but their business model, like uber's, appears to be based on shareholders rewarding ever increasing mountains of debt to keep the lights on.

The ESPN/Disney news today about a rival streaming service is a big problem for Netflix. They are having to spend like crazy to produce original content while their current cheap sources of content disintermediate them and go direct to consumers. HBO and the networks will likely follow the Disney/ESPN lead. Starz already crushed their movie inventory when they cut Netflix out.

For all the BS talk about the demise of ESPN, they'll command top dollar from cord cutters for their exclusive live sports content. All the sports center content is just filler, people will pay for the liv sports.
Bigger problem for netflix is the disney announcement as if the networks pull out to do their own thing (which they will, cut out the middleman)
The irony of that was not lost on me. Cable companies and ISPs have struggled with just being a "dumb pipe", and then Netflix gets treated like a dumb pipe.

This is why they create so much content, to prevent this. We will have to see how this plays out for Disney. Maybe they make very little money from Netflix, so they figured "WTF, let's roll the dice".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila