Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Re: United We Stand for Colin Kapernick

Post by Hokie CPA »

Florida Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:But all the owners are white except for a paki.
That "paki" became an American citizen in 1991, is a self made multi-billionaire, and doubled the value of the Jaguars inside of five years.

Just FYI
How long before he takes the team to London, because every home Jags game I see looks like the stadium is half-filled?
They play one game a year there now and are obligated to do so for a while. He's actually investing in a significant capital project in Jacksonville around the stadium so signs are pointing to him keeping them here. They need to actually win some games though. Fournette was a good add. Bortles still sucks though.
Since when does winning matter in the NFL? Neither Cincinnati nor Cleveland has fielded a decent team since the Reagan administration and my Redskins can count their playoff appearances since their last Superbowl win (26 years ago!) on one hand. Then there's Tampa Bay, who hired Jon Gruden for a SB title and then melted into their customary state of irrelevance. Has anyone heard from the Bills or the Vikings in the last couple of decades?

The No Fun League has become the New England Patriots and the 31 dwarves.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
That "paki" became an American citizen in 1991, is a self made multi-billionaire, and doubled the value of the Jaguars inside of five years.

Just FYI
How long before he takes the team to London, because every home Jags game I see looks like the stadium is half-filled?
They play one game a year there now and are obligated to do so for a while. He's actually investing in a significant capital project in Jacksonville around the stadium so signs are pointing to him keeping them here. They need to actually win some games though. Fournette was a good add. Bortles still sucks though.
Since when does winning matter in the NFL? Neither Cincinnati nor Cleveland has fielded a decent team since the Reagan administration and my Redskins can count their playoff appearances since their last Superbowl win (26 years ago!) on one hand. Then there's Tampa Bay, who hired Jon Gruden for a SB title and then melted into their customary state of irrelevance. Has anyone heard from the Bills or the Vikings in the last couple of decades?

It always comes down to who can play the salary cap game the best. The shrewdest, most adept, win. Pro football is boring.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

Just FYI

It always comes down to who can play the salary cap game the best. The shrewdest, most adept, win. Pro football is boring.

As free agency has prospered, professional sports has went down hill IMO. I'm not saying athletes shouldn't be allowed free agency, but the side effect is a lack of continuity and 'teams' . Pro sports just fields random collections of high priced talent that often comes and goes like the wind.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Hokie CPA

Post by Hokie CPA »

So apparently a source says Kaep has turned down at least one (probably more) contract this year.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl ... &ocid=iehp
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Hokie CPA wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

Just FYI

Cincinnati just made the playoffs 6 straight years until last year- in a tough division. The Pats went from 2005-2014 without winning a SB..just saying..
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie CPA wrote:So apparently a source says Kaep has turned down at least one (probably more) contract this year.

I don't believe that.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:So apparently a source says Kaep has turned down at least one (probably more) contract this year.

I don't believe that.
I don't feel sorry for him, but I do think he is better than some back-up quarterbacks that have recently been signed. He's better than all the QB's on the Jets. If I wanted the Jets to win, I'd want them to sign him.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I don't believe that.
I don't feel sorry for him, but I do think he is better than some back-up quarterbacks that have recently been signed. He's better than all the QB's on the Jets. If I wanted the Jets to win, I'd want them to sign him.
May be true, but I doubt he walked away from a deal. That's loser talk for "I didn't want you anyway".
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Hokie CPA

Post by Hokie CPA »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I don't believe that.
May be true, but I doubt he walked away from a deal. That's loser talk for "I didn't want you anyway".
According to the article, it's his girlfriend telling him he's worth starter money and he should hold out until a starter contract comes up. At this point, he should get a contract (league minimum for a 7-year vet is $900,000) and negotiate all kinds of incentives so that, if he ends up starting a bunch of games, he'll get additional pay for throwing so many TDs and for yards gained through the air and on the ground, etc.

But that article makes him out to be like Cousin Eddie in the Vacation movies.

"In seven years he couldn't find a job?"

"Catherine says he's holding out for a management position."

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I don't believe that.
He's a RPO/Read Option style QB. Doesn't play well in the pocket. His game quickly went downhill in SF as soon as the OC left. He is suitable for a few of the systems in the NFL, but not many. THAT is why few want him.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

ESPN Host goes off on racial rant about Kaepernick and Jay Cutler's White Privilege

http://usherald.com/watch-espn-host-lau ... guy-fired/

For a brief moment, I thought I was back in 1987 at the Tawana Brawley Press Conference listening to vintage Al Sharpton going off the rails, ranting, and raving and of course race baiting. However although the individual sounded like the good preacher, upon closer inspection of the image on the video clip, I realized it wasn’t Sharpton accusing a white individual of a bogus rape, but rather the bombastic, pretentious loudmouth and perhaps just as polarizing ESPN Host Stephen Smith, doing what he does best, going off on co-host Will Cain, in a torrential “RANT!”
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

This dumbass is back saying stupid things again…….
Colin Kaepernick accuses white adoptive parents of ‘problematic’ upbringing, perpetuating racism
https://nypost.com/2023/03/09/colin-ka ... NYPTwitter
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:30 pm This dumbass is back saying stupid things again…….
Colin Kaepernick accuses white adoptive parents of ‘problematic’ upbringing, perpetuating racism
https://nypost.com/2023/03/09/colin-ka ... NYPTwitter
The oppression must've been unbearable.
I think the gf is to blame for his adult-onset nuttiness.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

“Make me a slave, please.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: Shut up, commie.
Colin Kaepernick Begs NFL Team To Let Him Join Practice Squad
https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/26/col ... york-jets/
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:40 pm “Make me a slave, please.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: Shut up, commie.
Colin Kaepernick Begs NFL Team To Let Him Join Practice Squad
https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/26/col ... york-jets/
:lol:

Yeah, no. Let his commie bimbo support him. She has it all figured out.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Kaepernick Creates Himself As Jets QB In Madden 24
https://babylonbee.com/news/kaepernick ... madden-24/