Ryan calls out McCain for stabbing GOP & country in the back

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Ryan calls out McCain for stabbing GOP & country in the back

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

So it appears that McCain gave every indication to all of the members of his own party that he was going to vote to repeal Obamacare, and then switched his vote at the last minute just to give a big middle finger to the entire country. This was done out of spite and childishness, not for the best interest of the country, and certainly not in keeping with all of his campaign promises.

I cannot wait until AZ gets 2 new real conservative Senators - and if I could send my states' Sr. senator packing with them I would.

=====================================

During a visit to a local factory Paul Ryan got an earful from a disgruntled Republican voter.
Worker Keith Ketzler: For eight horrible years I heard, ‘We don’t have control of the House. We don’t have control of the senate. We don’t have the presidency and when we get in we got a plan and we’re going to change stuff.” Well I tell you what, you’re in there now and all I see is infighting. It’s very dysfunctional.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08 ... one-video/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Ryan calls out McCain for stabbing GOP & country in the

Post by USN_Hokie »

I still think that's bullshit. I think McCain knows he's not going to be here for the next election and fell on his sword to save face for the other cowards so they could go home and tell their electorate they really tried - like Ryan did right there.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I neither trust nor believe paul ryan. If i posed that question to him, there would have been a bit of hostility directed squarely at him.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:So it appears that McCain gave every indication to all of the members of his own party that he was going to vote to repeal Obamacare, and then switched his vote at the last minute just to give a big middle finger to the entire country. This was done out of spite and childishness, not for the best interest of the country, and certainly not in keeping with all of his campaign promises.

I cannot wait until AZ gets 2 new real conservative Senators - and if I could send my states' Sr. senator packing with them I would.

=====================================

During a visit to a local factory Paul Ryan got an earful from a disgruntled Republican voter.
Worker Keith Ketzler: For eight horrible years I heard, ‘We don’t have control of the House. We don’t have control of the senate. We don’t have the presidency and when we get in we got a plan and we’re going to change stuff.” Well I tell you what, you’re in there now and all I see is infighting. It’s very dysfunctional.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08 ... one-video/
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:I still think that's bullshit. I think McCain knows he's not going to be here for the next election and fell on his sword to save face for the other cowards so they could go home and tell their electorate they really tried - like Ryan did right there.
This. Republicans don't want to own healthcare. They saw what trying to own it did to Democrats.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:I still think that's bullshit. I think McCain knows he's not going to be here for the next election and fell on his sword to save face for the other cowards so they could go home and tell their electorate they really tried - like Ryan did right there.
This. Republicans don't want to own healthcare. They saw what trying to own it did to Democrats.
It's become too ingrained over the past two or so years to completely undo. The reality is you can't take something away from the people once they get it. Hard lesson for tge Republicans to learn.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
It's become too ingrained over the past two or so years to completely undo. The reality is you can't take something away from the people once they get it. Hard lesson for tge Republicans to learn.
We can't say it wasn't known when they passed it, either. Yet, useful idiots on the right decided to give it a try. I still remember "conservatives" on UWS saying "we have to do something". Congratulations, your something is a single payer shirt sandwich.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Obamacare does suck. The Rx lobby wrote the damn thing with ludicrous giveaways to big pharma and no leveraged negotiating like every other country does.

The GOP has yet to produce a better plan, which is why there is no consensus on how to move forward. Obamacare isn't the problem, the us gets the worst outcome per $ spent in the world. We did before obamacare and we still do. Obamacare isn't the solution.

The GOP plan is:
1) repeal obamacare
2) ?
3) profit
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Agree. Ryan is a HORRIBLE leader and a weak excuse maker to boot.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

fatman wrote:Obamacare does suck. The Rx lobby wrote the damn thing with ludicrous giveaways to big pharma and no leveraged negotiating like every other country does.

The GOP has yet to produce a better plan, which is why there is no consensus on how to move forward. Obamacare isn't the problem, the us gets the worst outcome per $ spent in the world. We did before obamacare and we still do. Obamacare isn't the solution.

The GOP plan is:
1) repeal obamacare
2) ?
3) profit
The statistical data backing up your statement is flawed and skewed. The outcomes of the US health system per dollar spent are in actuality some of the best in the world. It is the US businesses and FDA that spend the money and time on research that benefits the world. It is the US that tracks infant mortality differently yhan the rest of the world. On and on and on.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Republicans are very good at being pissed, but are impotent to lead. I've been telling you necks this for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Republicans are very good at being pissed, but are impotent to lead. I've been telling you necks this for years.

Independent thinkers vs. lock-step party hacks?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Republicans are very good at being pissed, but are impotent to lead. I've been telling you necks this for years.

however you want to justify obamacare being in force on August 9, 2017 is fine with me, but you are what your record says.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

however you want to justify obamacare being in force on August 9, 2017 is fine with me, but you are what your record says.
Entrenched for too long. Very difficult to take away a benefit from the public, regardless of how bad it is overall. If Romney wins in 2012 it is quickly and effortlessly repealed because no one was really hooked on it yet. By early 2017 too many people were hooked on it and too many states were hooked on the 100% medicaid reimbursement. Political suicide to unwind it now. Senators represent states (as opposed to congressmen who represent small districts). The states wanted to keep the "free" money.

You can convince yourself however you want that it is good, or should stay in place, or whatever, but the above is the reality.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Entrenched for too long. Very difficult to take away a benefit from the public, regardless of how bad it is overall. If Romney wins in 2012 it is quickly and effortlessly repealed because no one was really hooked on it yet. By early 2017 too many people were hooked on it and too many states were hooked on the 100% medicaid reimbursement. Political suicide to unwind it now. Senators represent states (as opposed to congressmen who represent small districts). The states wanted to keep the "free" money.

You can convince yourself however you want that it is good, or should stay in place, or whatever, but the above is the reality.
But Trump had a "beautiful" plan. [emoji23]

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

But the republicans had other ideas, most importantly self preservation.

The time for actually getting repeal done had passed. They didn't want to tell anyone as they needed to keep using it as a campaign and money raising tool. But they knew it. Trump, not being a member of the party inner circle, actually thought they meant what they were saying and would actually follow through. He certainly meant it. But that's where his naivete as an outsider hurts him and makes him look bad.

But you already know all of this. You just want to take snarky pot shots. It's your MO. No substance to anything you post -- ever.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Trump and the people who put him in office are the enemies of the administrative state that runs DC. Congress ceded their power to this morass a long time ago. The Congress doesn't want that power back because with power comes accountability.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

But the republicans had other ideas, most importantly self preservation.

The time for actually getting repeal done had passed. They didn't want to tell anyone as they needed to keep using it as a campaign and money raising tool. But they knew it. Trump, not being a member of the party inner circle, actually thought they meant what they were saying and would actually follow through. He certainly meant it. But that's where his naivete as an outsider hurts him and makes him look bad.

But you already know all of this. You just want to take snarky pot shots. It's your MO. No substance to anything you post -- ever.
Seems you agree the Republicans are impotent like I said. Angry pussies.