This is why Trump is unfit for the office.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

This is why Trump is unfit for the office.

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Perhaps a Trump apologist can tell me how improvised remarks escalating tensions with NK from an idiot are a good thing. Trump should focus on Twitter tirades against Hillary, and let Rex and other adults run the show.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/us/p ... korea.html

Mr. Bannon’s allies in the alt-right media and activist groups have been waging a ferocious public attack against General McMaster, characterizing him as soft on issues like Iran, Israel and terrorism and promoting a hashtag #FireMcMaster. They are angry that General McMaster has pushed out several hard-liners associated with Mr. Bannon from the National Security Council staff. Mr. Trump came to General McMaster’s defense last week with a statement expressing confidence in him.

But in the North Korea debate, like a similar one over Afghanistan, Mr. Bannon has been arguing against what his side considers the excessively militant approach of the “war party” of General McMaster. While Mr. Bannon has his own channel to the president, he has been shut out of most formal discussions of North Korea by the national security team.

Neither camp advocated language like “fire and fury,” according to the people involved. Among those taken by surprise, they said, was John F. Kelly, the retired four-star Marine general who has just taken over as White House chief of staff and has been with the president at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., for his working vacation.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Re: This is why Trump is unfit for the office.

Post by RiverguyVT »

Oh good grief.
Trumps language wasn't reckless.
Reckless was Bill Clinton nuke-arming NKorea in the first place.
Reckless was Obama/Hillary!/Kerry doing the same for Iran

NYT is shameless. No better than a NKorean paper, or 1950s Pravda. Eff the NYT
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

Right, IP...We need a warrior like Obama to take care of Un.

HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

The Usuals are probably right on this one, it's really no big deal at all. It'll be just like Call of Duty.
Now let's get back to important topics like transgender children, Colin Kaepernick, and ex-Google employees who got all the sads because they couldn't get a girlfriend.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Here, maybe this will help.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Here, maybe this will help.

Pence would be a lot better.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Oh good grief.

Everyone seems to disagree with you, which is why his administration, again, needs to perform damage control and walk the statements back. If Rex quits, as has been rumored, god help us.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Funny that you take issue with the administration dealing with a nuclear North Korea and not the administration who made them nuclear North Korea. You should ponder that.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Funny that you take issue with the administration dealing with a nuclear North Korea and not the administration who made them nuclear North Korea. You should ponder that.
You should kiss my ass.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Funny that you take issue with the administration dealing with a nuclear North Korea and not the administration who made them nuclear North Korea. You should ponder that.
You should kiss my ass.
Cognitive dissonance is a b**** isn't it?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
You should kiss my ass.
Blaming the past for current stupid shirt, while not criticizing the current stupid shirt because you are a partisan, is also a bitch. Not interested in your deflection game, Cap'n.

You think improvised, off-the-cuff remarks like this are a good idea?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
You should kiss my ass.
Blaming the past for current stupid shirt, while not criticizing the current stupid shirt because you are a partisan, is also a bitch. Not interested in your deflection game, Cap'n.

If Trump's tweet scared you, Mattis' comments will really make you piss your panties.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08 ... eople.html

This is how you deal with North Korea. This is what they understand. This administration's tact has been refreshing as we're enlisting China to put pressure on them as well.

Your feigned outrage is cute though as your side tries to instigate war with Russia - an excuse for your candidate losing states she never visited in an election. :lol:
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote: Now let's get back to important topics like transgender children, Colin Kaepernick, and ex-Google employees who got all the sads because they couldn't get a girlfriend.
Have you finished forensic analysis on which leader from the Boy Scouts thanked Trump yet?

:lol: We knew you had no integrity or self-respect when you voted for House HarKklinton, but this is pretty is pretty low even for you.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

This is why Clinton/Bush/Obama were unfit for the office.

Post by Major Kong »

FTFY :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
You should kiss my ass.

If Trump's tweet scared you, Mattis' comments will really make you piss your panties.

This is how you deal with North Korea. This is what they understand. This administration's tact has been refreshing as we're enlisting China to put pressure on them as well.

Your feigned outrage is cute though as your side tries to instigate war with Russia - an excuse for your candidate losing states she never visited in an election. :lol:
Great statement by Mattis. I'm glad he's the defense secretary.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote: Great statement by Mattis. I'm glad he's the defense secretary.
I'm a big fan of Mattis.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
You should kiss my ass.

I have no problem with Mattius' statement. I have problems with impromptu, unvetted statements from a used car salesman who appears a little senile to me.

And, asshole, I didn't vote for Hillary or support her. Kiss my ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: I have no problem with Mattius' statement. I have problems with impromptu, unvetted statements from a used car salesman who appears a little senile to me.

1. IP is a victim.

2. Genuine, non-focus group'd statements are refreshing.

3. Mattis' statement isn't really any different from Trump's.

4. Trump is a Billionaire, most powerful man in the world; beat the media and a pre-ordained candidate, and bangs a super model every night. I think he has things figured out.

5. IP is still bitter that his crooked Senator lost. Maybe he'll get a chance to vote for her a third time if she runs for mayor.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I have no problem with Mattius' statement. I have problems with impromptu, unvetted statements from a used car salesman who appears a little senile to me.

1. IP is a victim.
2. Genuine, non-focus group'd statements are refreshing.
3. Mattis' statement isn't really any different from Trump's.
4. Trump is a Billionaire, most powerful man in the world; beat the media and a pre-ordained candidate, and bangs a super model every night. I think he has things figured out.
1. ?
2. Nope
3. A lot different.
4. You got a little excited typing that, admit it.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

IP should have picked Jill Stein for his pretend vote to save face.
Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson couldn't name the leader of North Korea

http://www.businessinsider.com/libertar ... ea-2016-10
:lol: :lol:
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
You should kiss my ass.

I have no problem with Mattius' statement. I have problems with impromptu, unvetted statements from a used car salesman who appears a little senile to me.

Yeah, Trump's "statement" and Mattis' are completely different.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote: Yeah, Trump's "statement" and Mattis' are completely different.
I know that's the latest talking point CNN is telling their viewers, but it's the same message. Last sentence of the first paragraph is my favorite.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

LOL...IP and his crew can't handle the truth!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote: Yeah, Trump's "statement" and Mattis' are completely different.
I know that's the latest talking point CNN is telling their viewers, but it's the same message. Last sentence of the first paragraph is my favorite.
Agreed. Same message. Different delivery. One makes the listeners chuckle. The other makes the listeners think twice.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Oh good grief.

Everyone seems to disagree with you, which is why his administration, again, needs to perform damage control and walk the statements back. If Rex quits, as has been rumored, god help us.
Everyone?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.