This is why Trump is unfit for the office.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Re: This is why Trump is unfit for the office.

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Funny that you take issue with the administration dealing with a nuclear North Korea and not the administration who made them nuclear North Korea. You should ponder that.
You should kiss my ass.
No. Really. You should ponder that. Give it a shot.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Funny that you take issue with the administration dealing with a nuclear North Korea and not the administration who made them nuclear North Korea. You should ponder that.
You should kiss my ass.
It's bullshit. Typical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
You should kiss my ass.
It's bullshit. Typical.

It's your legacy, congrats. This is your idea of good leadership on North Korea - the leadership at least partially responsible for putting us in this mess.

Hey, is that Pedosta in the background?

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
You should kiss my ass.
It's bullshit. Typical.

It's your legacy, congrats. This is your idea of good leadership on North Korea - the leadership at least partially responsible for putting us in this mess.

Hey, is that Pedosta in the background?

OK. We can go through a partisan view of relations with Korea since the Korean War. Or we could address the original point - do you think rambling, impromptu suggestions of nuclear war are a good idea? I already have you down as a strong "yes", but I would actually be curious if others were comfortable with this.

Trump’s ‘Fire and Fury’ Threat Raises Alarm in Asia
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/worl ... -fury.html

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Says the NYT? Ha. That's rich.
Salute the Marines
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Says the NYT? Ha. That's rich.
Do you think rambling, impromptu suggestions of nuclear war are a good idea, or do you think our President should bounce that off of someone first?

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Do you think rambling, impromptu suggestions of nuclear war are a good idea, or do you think our President should bounce that off of someone first?

You're in over your depth.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I already have your thoughts. I got you down as [emoji106] on fizzle sprung ramblings of nuclear war.

You and Cap'n have always supported Trump. On everything.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I already have your thoughts. I got you down as [emoji106] on fizzle sprung ramblings of nuclear war.

You and Cap'n have always supported Trump. On everything.

He didn't ramble, sorry your pussy is gritty after Trump told of consequences for the runt building IBCMs.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

In this case...I don't think his "fire" tweet statement mattered one way or the other.

Some of this stuff can be over-thought and poorly concluded (i.e. refusing to use the term "islamic terror" in the case of Middle East unrest, or "undocumented immigrant" in lieu of "illegal"). NorKoreans aren't impressed by hyper sensitivity, IMHO, and instead see it as weakness, IMHO.

I didn't see his tweet statement as a "suggestion of nuclear war"; in fact, the exact opposite.

Edit: oops. Not a tweet. Statement to reporters. Whatev..
Last edited by RiverguyVT on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Oh no, *impromptu* speech? :lol: Heavens to mergatroyd, what will we do?

If you think comments limited to 140 characters are rambling, maybe you should work on increasing your attention span. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, your criticisms come off as petty and contrived. China and Russia have both deployed ground, air, and naval forces to the area. S Korea suddenly wants to talk about missile defense and nukes after decades of disinterest. *Something* is going on.

My theory? I think Kim Jong Un is losing power and there's fear of a military coup. Un might see war as a way to consolidate strength and give his military something else to worry about. His own military overthrowing him is the absolute best outcome, but we need to be ready to jump in and secure / destroy their nukes and chemical weapons, as well as create an environment for democracy. Nation building worked great in south Korea. It can work great in the north too. NK is truly an evil empire and I hope to see it toppled in my lifetime.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

In this case...I don't think his "fire" tweet statement mattered one way or the other.

Some of this stuff can be over-thought and poorly concluded (i.e. refusing to use the term "islamic terror" in the case of Middle East unrest, or "undocumented immigrant" in lieu of "illegal"). NorKoreans aren't impressed by hyper sensitivity, IMHO, and instead see it as weakness, IMHO.

I didn't see his tweet statement as a "suggestion of nuclear war"; in fact, the exact opposite.

I expect this from Cap'n and AG, but am surprised you are OK with this. I suppose it's easier to criticize Carter for some.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Perhaps a Trump apologist can tell me how improvised remarks escalating tensions with NK from an idiot are a good thing.
Meanwhile, in the land of maple syrup....
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Perhaps a Trump apologist can tell me how improvised remarks escalating tensions with NK from an idiot are a good thing.
Meanwhile, in the land of maple syrup....
Dude's a pussy
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I expect this from Cap'n and AG, but am surprised you are OK with this. I suppose it's easier to criticize Carter for some.

I didn't see it as a suggestion of war, but rather a suggestion against.
Salute the Marines
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Perhaps a Trump apologist can tell me how improvised remarks escalating tensions with NK from an idiot are a good thing. Trump should focus on Twitter tirades against Hillary, and let Rex and other adults run the show.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/us/p ... korea.html

Mr. Bannon’s allies in the alt-right media and activist groups have been waging a ferocious public attack against General McMaster, characterizing him as soft on issues like Iran, Israel and terrorism and promoting a hashtag #FireMcMaster. They are angry that General McMaster has pushed out several hard-liners associated with Mr. Bannon from the National Security Council staff. Mr. Trump came to General McMaster’s defense last week with a statement expressing confidence in him.

But in the North Korea debate, like a similar one over Afghanistan, Mr. Bannon has been arguing against what his side considers the excessively militant approach of the “war party” of General McMaster. While Mr. Bannon has his own channel to the president, he has been shut out of most formal discussions of North Korea by the national security team.

Neither camp advocated language like “fire and fury,” according to the people involved. Among those taken by surprise, they said, was John F. Kelly, the retired four-star Marine general who has just taken over as White House chief of staff and has been with the president at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., for his working vacation.

It does not matter what we do, the sad thing is what Obummer did to let NK get to where it is now, at least we have somebody that is not a p**** in office now and will tell the NK fat boy to stick it. Yes, NK is a problem, it would have been alot less if the last 8 years Obummer would have done anything to check them though. But Fat boy is a nut so it does not matter who is in office or what anyone does to him
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Oh good grief.
Trumps language wasn't reckless.
Reckless was Bill Clinton nuke-arming NKorea in the first place.
Reckless was Obama/Hillary!/Kerry doing the same for Iran

NYT is shameless. No better than a NKorean paper, or 1950s Pravda. Eff the NYT
Everyone seems to disagree with you, which is why his administration, again, needs to perform damage control and walk the statements back. If Rex quits, as has been rumored, god help us.
chaos, total chaos.....good to see you beleive the mis-information that the MSM is putting out there

its not chaos and Rex is not quitting,

Yes, NK is a problem created by you buddy Obummer
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote: In this case...I don't think his "fire" tweet statement mattered one way or the other.
Yes, his statements don't matter. I'm fine with that because I don't like a president Trump. I love the fact that Mattis is in control of the situation. Given his history and what I've seen from him so far, I'm not sure I'd want anyone else in control.

Presumably people that were so worried about our standing in the world "falling" over the last 8 years would be bothered by the fact that statements by our president don't matter. To add on to that, people that actually pretend to support his policies should also be bothered.
People who know, know.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote: In this case...I don't think his "fire" tweet statement mattered one way or the other.
Yes, his statements don't matter. I'm fine with that because I don't like a president Trump. I love the fact that Mattis is in control of the situation. Given his history and what I've seen from him so far, I'm not sure I'd want anyone else in control.

Presumably people that were so worried about our standing in the world "falling" over the last 8 years would be bothered by the fact that statements by our president don't matter. To add on to that, people that actually pretend to support his policies should also be bothered.
We can only hope our allies realize that Trump is a buffoon and not to take his statements seriously. Pretty sad that is the best case scenario.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Everyone seems to disagree with you, which is why his administration, again, needs to perform damage control and walk the statements back. If Rex quits, as has been rumored, god help us.
chaos, total chaos.....good to see you beleive the mis-information that the MSM is putting out there

What are you doing on a message board, cwtcr. You should be having a bloody marry on the 14th at Quayle Hollow, watching those mofos drive the green.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

TheH2 wrote:

You've got a bit of reductio ad absurdum going on here.
Trump's statements didn't matter in the context of moving us towards war, as being the idea NYT wants to promote.

He's our President, H2. IIWII
Salute the Marines
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

You know what, I don't want another war. I'm still not sure I like what Trump said......but his Secretary of Defense used language just as tough and more concise. You've gotten used to Obeezy......and as we know, Trump isn't that apologist. Trump is talking tough. Obeezy tried to with his red line comments
And then did.........NOTHING. That made us look extremely weak, like the former CiC. You can point to that moment, I believe, when our enemies became bolder in their language and actions toward us.

You can't ignore the past and what got us here, as much as you want to.

Iran will be in the same damn position in about 10 years.......and if a Pub is Preezy, you'll blame him for the escalating conflict there too......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieHam wrote:You know what, I don't want another war. I'm still not sure I like what Trump said......but his Secretary of Defense used language just as tough and more concise. You've gotten used to Obeezy......and as we know, Trump isn't that apologist. Trump is talking tough. Obeezy tried to with his red line comments
And then did.........NOTHING. That made us look extremely weak, like the former CiC. You can point to that moment, I believe, when our enemies became bolder in their language and actions toward us.

You can't ignore the past and what got us here, as much as you want to.

Iran will be in the same damn position in about 10 years.......and if a Pub is Preezy, you'll blame him for the escalating conflict there too......
Yup.

Anyone wanting an example of recklessness...
Salute the Marines
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

He's our President, H2. IIWII
Exactly, that's why I like that fact that what he says doesn't matter. You can call it whatever you want, but his statements and his opinions are mattering less and less. You're probably just as happy about that as I am.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

What are you doing on a message board, cwtcr. You should be having a bloody marry on the 14th at Quayle Hollow, watching those mofos drive the green.

pay big dollars to watch golf, no thanks. I sold ice cream at Quayle Hollow the last 5-6 years that we did to make money for the VT Alumni Assoc. but the folks running the PGA show did not want us this year, we did all the Wells Fargo tourneys. So I have been out there alot but working as a volunteer, I would never pay to watch golf