Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Who here was in C'ville last night?

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HooFighter wrote:"It's all about jobs and the economy!"

I hope our president goes to his Twitter to condemn these people.
He did.
So did FLOTUS
And phrases like "on all sides" and "cherish our history" are a wink and a nod to his neo-Nazi supporters.
You're an unadulterated piece of shirt.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Exactly. The driver that plowed into those people and killed at least one person is a despicable murderer and I hope he gets the maximum sentence. But those people that were there to clash with the "white supremacists" were not just innocent bystanders. They were there specifically to cause violence and fight with the "neo-Nazis." And unfortunately, they bit off more than they could chew this time. As you said, it will only get worse until the police start protecting the rights of ALL people who want to peacefully protest.
Both sides showed up with makeshift riot gear. It's pretty clear they were all looking for a fight.
If the nazi skinheads stayed within the boundaries allowed for their assembly, not sure you could argue they were looking for a fight. I'd guess they would argue that they brought shields because counter protesters have a history of throwing objects at them - which, if reports are correct, they did.

All the videos I saw showed only roving mobs of antifa / BLM types.

These klan/skinhead rallies are nothing new. Even 10yrs ago, they would happen and were summarily ignored. Yet, today we have people being bussed in from far away to protest. Why? The response isn't organic.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Exactly. The driver that plowed into those people and killed at least one person is a despicable murderer and I hope he gets the maximum sentence. But those people that were there to clash with the "white supremacists" were not just innocent bystanders. They were there specifically to cause violence and fight with the "neo-Nazis." And unfortunately, they bit off more than they could chew this time. As you said, it will only get worse until the police start protecting the rights of ALL people who want to peacefully protest.
Both sides showed up with makeshift riot gear. It's pretty clear they were all looking for a fight.
If the nazi skinheads stayed within the boundaries allowed for their assembly, not sure you could argue they were looking for a fight. I'd guess they would argue that they brought shields because counter protesters have a history of throwing objects at them - which, if reports are correct, they did.

These klan/skinhead rallies are nothing new. Even 10yrs ago, they would happen and were summarily ignored. Yet, today we have people being bussed in from far away to protest. Why? The response isn't organic.
Why? Because this is about confederate statue removal. This is a major program of the left. Don't underestimate the magnitude of this movement to remove all of these "symbols of hate". It has legs and it's not going to stop. It's a purge, a cleansing.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

USN_Hokie wrote:You're an unadulterated piece of shirt.
Thanks. Responses like this let me know that I'm right.

What kind of shirt am I, BTW? T-shirt? Polo? Button down?

I'm guessing your favorite shirt is brown.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
And phrases like "on all sides" and "cherish our history" are a wink and a nod to his neo-Nazi supporters.

This is the state of leftists in America - where the President telling everyone to calm down makes him a nazi, and anyone who defends the president or the Constitution is a Nazi by proxy.

Sorry, the only relationship my family has to nazis (or communists) is killing them. The only person who is a threat to the constitution is you. You're an embarrassment...and a piece of shirt.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

This is the state of leftists in America - where the President telling everyone to calm down makes him a nazi, and anyone who defends the president or the Constitution is a Nazi by proxy.

Sorry, the only relationship my family has to nazis (or communists) is killing them. The only person who is a threat to the constitution is you. You're an embarrassment...and a piece of shirt.
It's Sunday, shouldn't you be at church right now?

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HooFighter wrote:

so white people cannot protest anything, only BLM can "protest" (riot)?

We had a week of "protest" (riots) in charlotte that the BLM did, caused millions in damage, they stopped traffic on the highway and stole the cargo of truckers, ruined some businesses, assaulted white people trying to get to there cars in a parking deck

but that is oK

Trump was correct, violence on either side is deplorable but if the protest in cville was allowed to be done then there would be no issues, correct? But it was white people so it is ok to attack them but BLM can do whatever it wants.....good plan
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

He did.
So did FLOTUS
I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
.....and Obama saying in his remarks about the Dallas 5 murders about racial disparities in the criminal justice system was a nod to his racists supporters in BLM.........
Racist is your characterization, but I otherwise agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course you would........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

LOL @ these guys! Oh my.
Plywood shields with ? I think duct tape ? ...and no one knows which way is up on their "shields".. and the bike helmets...LOL. TURDS.

http://thefederalistpapers.integratedma ... n-line.jpg
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

RiverguyVT wrote:LOL @ these guys! Oh my.
Plywood shields with ? I think duct tape ? ...and no one knows which way is up on their "shields".. and the bike helmets...LOL. TURDS.
Knights in Paper Satin :?: :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

It's Sunday, shouldn't you be at church right now?
I'm on vacation this week enjoying the mountains, thanks.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:I'm on vacation this week enjoying the mountains, thanks.
God's Country is a Church. :mrgreen:

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:I'm on vacation this week enjoying the mountains, thanks.
God's Country is a Church. :mrgreen:
That it is. For me, there's no better meditation than sitting in the middle of nowhere contemplating life.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:That it is. For me, there's no better meditation than sitting in the middle of nowhere contemplating life.
You'd love Broadford where my Mom lives. :D

HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

USN_Hokie wrote:For me, there's no better meditation than sitting in the middle of nowhere contemplating life.
And stigginit to the libs!

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:That it is. For me, there's no better meditation than sitting in the middle of nowhere contemplating life.
You'd love Broadford where my Mom lives. :D
:mrgreen:

I'm thinking of going out to the Mt. Rogers /Grayson Highlands area for the solar eclipse next week.
Cpt Jagdish
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: None of the above

Post by Cpt Jagdish »

Why are there so many people (or specifically, users on this board) so apt to make excuses and concessions for these white nationalists/nazis?!

It would be one thing if this event was actually just a small protest about the removal of the statues. There's actual debate that can be had about that. But like it or not, this past weekend was not about that.

The same was said about many of the BLM protests and I don't think it was completely unfounded but misguided. Those protests were still at its core about fighting back about the injustice (perceived or real) that minorities were feeling in this country. It got co-opted by some real assholes but at least those assholes were still, more or less, protesting about similar messages.

Not so much in this case, the messaging isn't "save our statues!" its "blood and soil!" Its waving the nazi flag. It's carrying torches. It's holding up shields with white supremacy symbology. And for some reason, many of you want to sympathize them?

I'm glad almost all of our leaders have been willing to call out this group specifically. It would be pretty spineless not too.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Cpt Jagdish wrote:Why are there so many people (or specifically, users on this board) so apt to make excuses and concessions for these white nationalists/nazis?!

It would be one thing if this event was actually just a small protest about the removal of the statues. There's actual debate that can be had about that. But like it or not, this past weekend was not about that.

The same was said about many of the BLM protests and I don't think it was completely unfounded but misguided. Those protests were still at its core about fighting back about the injustice (perceived or real) that minorities were feeling in this country. It got co-opted by some real assholes but at least those assholes were still, more or less, protesting about similar messages.

Not so much in this case, the messaging isn't "save our statues!" its "blood and soil!" Its waving the nazi flag. It's carrying torches. It's holding up shields with white supremacy symbology. And for some reason, many of you want to sympathize them?

I'm glad almost all of our leaders have been willing to call out this group specifically. It would be pretty spineless not too.
Maybe you should provide some examples, because I haven't seen anyone defend nazis...unless you think anyone who supports Trump or is against antifa / BLM (BLM and La Raza are no different than skinheads neo-nazi groups by the way. They're all racist organizations who want an ethno state. They just disagree on the color.)
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote::mrgreen:

I'm thinking of going out to the Mt. Rogers /Grayson Highlands area for the solar eclipse next week.
We have a great view of Mt. Rogers from our front yard. :)

We're motoring down the interstate to Crab Orchard (east of Crossville) to my cousin's place. 100% totality and 2:35 duration. :)

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

He did.
So did FLOTUS
Correct. The Unusuals are nothing more than he-bitches.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Cpt Jagdish wrote:Why are there so many people (or specifically, users on this board) so apt to make excuses and concessions for these white nationalists/nazis?!

WTF are you talking about? Who is "making excuses and concessions" for "white nationalists?" Unless your idea of "making excuses and concessions" equals saying that both sides bare responsibility. Are you here to defend the violence committed by the Antifa protesters yesterday? Are you saying its okay for them to act violent but not okay for the "white nationalists?"

And the reason I put "white nationalist" in quotation marks is because I don't even know if all of the people on the "right" that were there yesterday identify themselves that way. Just because you and the media call them that does not necessarily mean they accept that label. Perhaps they do, but I don't know anything about them and I'm not willing to trust the media's labeling. But it also could be that some of them are just pushing back on this jihad against historical monuments that the left has suddenly embarked upon. You may not agree with that cause, but there is nothing wrong with it.

So why not join us in condemning all of the violence? The violence from the "white nationalists," and the violence from the BLM goups, and the violence from the Antifa groups? Unless your willing to do that, then I'm just going to assume that you are only able to see wrongs when it comes from people that you disagree with.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote::mrgreen:

We have a great view of Mt. Rogers from our front yard. :)

We're motoring down the interstate to Crab Orchard (east of Crossville) to my cousin's place. 100% totality and 2:35 duration. :)
Nice.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Why? Because this is about confederate statue removal. This is a major program of the left. Don't underestimate the magnitude of this movement to remove all of these "symbols of hate". It has legs and it's not going to stop. It's a purge, a cleansing.
It's democrats covering their tracks as people have started figuring out that racism, slavery, and bigotry have been solely liberal policies. So they cover their tracks and blame the republicans via these 50 idiots that were protesting.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:

It should let you know that you're a classless asshole and imbecile. You have no integrity.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Unlike you, we're not anti-American haters. So the "defense" is pointing out the obvious that they and BLM have first amendment rights too. And thusly, they can assemble without being physically attacked, no matter how abhorrent their message may be. Irrational jackasses like yourself think it's ok for BLM to start violence at their rallies and then join in with antifa at the white supremacist rally and start violence there too. You're a jackass because you're really for violence against people you disagree with. Spare me any stupid justifications for this, there isn't a valid justification. And thusly you embolden like minded morons to act violently at any rally.