Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Unite the Right in Charlottesville

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
nolanvt wrote:If people want to protest Confederate symbols placed on private lands in my example, then I have no problem with them doing that. If such public pressure means that a private individual or organization decides against it, that's the free market at work.

As for the stuff in C'ville, I generally had no problem with it except for the murderer. I'd rather Nazis be out in the open rather than hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is still a bunch of nonsense...have you ever before been asked to clarify what you mean :?: I'm thinking no.

This wasn't the mongoloid Antifa's supporting the removal of monuments...it was Antifa being there to antagonize another mongoloid group.
They weren't there to antagonize, they were there to fight, as they did. Three groups of assholes collided and got excrement everywhere. Would have just been 50 assholes marching for an hour with 0 violence if the liberals weren't there to turn it into a violent altercation, as they do with all of their events.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
nolanvt wrote:I'm fine with removing Confederate memorials, statues, etc. on public lands.

I have no problem legally allowing them on private land backed by private funding. I'm also okay with people exercising their First Amendment rights in protesting these.

Hope I've made my position clear.

If you mean clear by meaning a 100% opacity then no you didn't.

You're OK with people protesting "these" what :?:

Do you mean the Antifa nimrod group protesting the right of the KKK nimrod group protesting that the City of C'ville removed statues :?:

Here is a hint Antifa nimrods weren't there to protest statues they were there to stifle the KKK nimrods protest.
If people want to protest Confederate symbols placed on private lands in my example, then I have no problem with them doing that. If such public pressure means that a private individual or organization decides against it, that's the free market at work.

As for the stuff in C'ville, I generally had no problem with it except for the murderer. I'd rather Nazis be out in the open rather than hidden.

So you do hate free speech then. Good to know. As for the Confederate symbols, we know that history triggers your delicate snowflake sensibilities, so nothing new there either.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
nolanvt wrote:I'm fine with removing Confederate memorials, statues, etc. on public lands.

I have no problem legally allowing them on private land backed by private funding. I'm also okay with people exercising their First Amendment rights in protesting these.

Do you mean the Antifa nimrod group protesting the right of the KKK nimrod group protesting that the City of C'ville removed statues :?:

Here is a hint Antifa nimrods weren't there to protest statues they were there to stifle the KKK nimrods protest.
If people want to protest Confederate symbols placed on private lands in my example, then I have no problem with them doing that. If such public pressure means that a private individual or organization decides against it, that's the free market at work.

If you weren't an ignorant simpleton then you'd realize the land is often made as a donation to the public along with the monument itself from private donors to display it in the first place. Giant if though and you're just a troll.
I understand that. Go on...

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Major Kong wrote:
nolanvt wrote:If people want to protest Confederate symbols placed on private lands in my example, then I have no problem with them doing that. If such public pressure means that a private individual or organization decides against it, that's the free market at work.

That is still a bunch of nonsense...have you ever before been asked to clarify what you mean :?: I'm thinking no.

This wasn't the mongoloid Antifa's supporting the removal of monuments...it was Antifa being there to antagonize another mongoloid group.
I have no problem with counterprotesting.

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:

It's so weird that you used the term mongoloid. It sprang to mind when I was reading nolan's half-baked post-modern sleaze.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

If you weren't an ignorant simpleton then you'd realize the land is often made as a donation to the public along with the monument itself from private donors to display it in the first place. Giant if though and you're just a troll.
I understand that. Go on...

There's nothing to go on for simpleton, the land is in the public domain on the contingency of displaying the monument. The government should return the land to the owner instead of destroying the donation. If only you had a brain, then you would realize this.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

We get it Comrade Nolanski- you hate free speech.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Just so the OP of this thread can't say he is unaware of violence coming from the left.

Remember, "when they go low, we go high" or some such B.S.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Nolan is a textbook example of the clown show known as situational ethics. With no foundation, he's forced get out a magic decoder ring to evaluate each scenario...and often gets it wrong...or ends up with conflicting opinions.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: :( And he just graduated? That's depressing.

You should ask him to define the "alt-right" and then ask him what percent of the US population is made up by the "alt-right." And then ask if its okay to take away the rights from that percent of the population without due process.
Well it is Carson-Newman...the saying around here is if you can't get into college then go to C-N. :D He got his degree in Social Entrepreneurship (I have no idea) but followed his trim (according to his Dad) to the Valley of the Sun and is employed as a snack bar jockey at one of the movie theater there. :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

To the contrary, I embrace it.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Unless frosting is involved. Cake decorating > 1st amendment.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: :( And he just graduated? That's depressing.

You should ask him to define the "alt-right" and then ask him what percent of the US population is made up by the "alt-right." And then ask if its okay to take away the rights from that percent of the population without due process.
Well it is Carson-Newman...the saying around here is if you can't get into college then go to C-N. :D He got his degree in Social Entrepreneurship (I have no idea) but followed his trim (according to his Dad) to the Valley of the Sun and is employed as a snack bar jockey at one of the movie theater there. :D

It sort of sounds like one of those Obama inspired community organizer 'degrees'.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Unless frosting is involved. Cake decorating > 1st amendment.
FAKE NEWS! Protest bakeries if you want.

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

So you're not okay with punching NAZI's? You're not okay with hitting people in the head with bike locks? I'd like to get you on record saying that you don't support violence against those exercising their rights of free expression.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote: So you're not okay with punching NAZI's? You're not okay with hitting people in the head with bike locks? I'd like to get you on record saying that you don't support violence against those exercising their rights of free expression.
Any assertion that I'm okay with violence is FAKE NEWS!

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote: So you're not okay with punching NAZI's? You're not okay with hitting people in the head with bike locks? I'd like to get you on record saying that you don't support violence against those exercising their rights of free expression.

Then say it, let's see you say you're against BLM and Antifa attacking the peaceful protestors in Charlottesville.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Then say it, let's see you say you're against BLM and Antifa attacking the peaceful protestors in Charlottesville.
I just said it. Violence is not okay.

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieJoe wrote:It sort of sounds like one of those Obama inspired community organizer 'degrees'.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what it is...the upshot is even in Phoenix he can't find a full time job...he couldn't even get hired at Fry's Electronics :!:

His girlfriend (fiancee) at least got her degree in Nursing from C-N but didn't get her TN license and failed her 1st attempt at the AZ RN license in July (she has to wait until February to take it again) but got a CNA job in Mesa.

HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Glad to hear that.

People of all stripes have the right to peaceably assemble and protest whatever they want. No matter how despicable or lunatic their position may be. Likewise, no one has a right to commit violence against those same people for exercising their lawful right to free speech.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Go on, complete sentence
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Lexington's Mayor to ask Council to remove two Confederate statues. [emoji106]

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/ ... s-49183191

Two less losers in Lexington.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Two less losers in Lexington.

There is a whole lot more to the issue than what that little blurb by ABC is letting on.

Morgan and Breckinridge's statues are listed on the Federal Register of Historical Places. So there is the issue to cross every t and dot every i and the expense to remove the statues with the utmost care.

The Urban County Arts Review Board in 2015 recommended the statues be removed but the Kentucky Military Commission has final say and they've not been as hip to the idea.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Lexington's Mayor to ask Council to remove two Confederate statues. [emoji106]

One of them was the 14th vice president of the United States. Democrat, of course.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

One of them was the 14th vice president of the United States. Democrat, of course.
You are adorable tonight.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.