Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

My reason for umbrage yesterday...

Post by Major Kong »

My niece and grandniece were in C'ville this weekend (Thursday thru tomorrow).

It's been 4 years since my grandniece had her brain surgery and 4 tumors removed...they were there at the UVA for her annual check. Also she has been experiencing other problems that can't be pinpointed and is undergoing more test on her brain to see if there is more going on.

The testing started Friday and will conclude tomorrow...knock on wood I hope something is found, she's only 15 and needs to be able to start living her life again.

They were staying just a few blocks away from that mess and were scared to death of what was going on.

Unfortunately medical issues don't adhere to planned protest and riots. :(
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Re: My reason for umbrage yesterday...

Post by RiverguyVT »

Prayers, Kong
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

That stinks, hoping for the best.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Major Kong wrote:My niece and grandniece were in C'ville this weekend (Thursday thru tomorrow).

It's been 4 years since my grandniece had her brain surgery and 4 tumors removed...they were there at the UVA for her annual check. Also she has been experiencing other problems that can't be pinpointed and is undergoing more test on her brain to see if there is more going on.

The testing started Friday and will conclude tomorrow...knock on wood I hope something is found, she's only 15 and needs to be able to start living her life again.

They were staying just a few blocks away from that mess and were scared to death of what was going on.

Unfortunately medical issues don't adhere to planned protest and riots. :(
Completely understandable given the situation. I could certainly tell you were agitated a bit more than usual yesterday and given these circumstances, I'm sure I would have been the same way. Here's hoping that your grandniece pulls through and makes it out of C'Ville safely.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)