Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

The Cry-ISIS mob now burning effigies of Trump

Post by USN_Hokie »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html

Note that this was done on public property with no assembly permit. Cops did nothing.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: The Cry-ISIS mob now burning effigies of Trump

Post by awesome guy »

Liberal mayors are turning the streets into MMA fights and freak show
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

And the Democrats just lost several more seats in the mid terms.

Haven't these freaking idiots learned anything :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Uprising spotting...

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Image

Note that this was done on public property with no assembly permit. Cops did nothing.
To be clear, the picture in your post was from Minnesota.

I walked past the protest in midtown on the way home from work around 8:30pm by accident. The NYPD had the situation well under control. The protestors were peaceful. Just FYI.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

I walked past the protest in midtown on the way home from work around 8:30pm by accident. The NYPD had the situation well under control. The protestors were peaceful. Just FYI.
Fringe source
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:To be clear, the picture in your post was from Minnesota.

Everybody check their watches.

11:33AM 08/15/2017 Ip praises cops. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I walked past the protest in midtown on the way home from work around 8:30pm by accident. The NYPD had the situation well under control. The protestors were peaceful. Just FYI.
Original article wrote:A much smaller group of pro-Trump counter-protesters were seen holding up signs in support of the president; they were kept separate from the anti-Trump protesters.
This is what the police are SUPPOSED to do. Instead, the Charlottesville police allowed two armed gangs of extremists to fight it out in the street.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Fringe source
Probably is, as Cap'n linked it, but his article states: "The fury with Trump was also felt in Minneapolis, where this effigy of the president - in khakis and a white shirt - was set ablaze during a protest against the racism and violence seen over the weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia."
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:I walked past the protest in midtown on the way home from work around 8:30pm by accident. The NYPD had the situation well under control. The protestors were peaceful. Just FYI.
Original article wrote:A much smaller group of pro-Trump counter-protesters were seen holding up signs in support of the president; they were kept separate from the anti-Trump protesters.
This is what the police are SUPPOSED to do. Instead, the Charlottesville police allowed two armed gangs of extremists to fight it out in the street.
I expect the NYPD is a lot better trained to handle situations like this, which are NBD in NY.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:

Credit given where due - they had the entire scene managed like clock work.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Thanks. Never said it wasn't, though I admit the link is shitty - just provided for context.

I'd guess the NYPD was doing their jobs since they were protecting the one president who supports the police.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Thanks. Never said it wasn't, though I admit the link is shitty - just provided for context.

I'd guess the NYPD was doing their jobs since they were protecting the one president who supports the police.
There are hundreds of protest like this every year. The NYPD always maintains order, regardless of the cause.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

BigDave wrote:

Yep. Are towns/cities culpable if they fail to uphold the law in the face of explicit violence? I realize these situations are highly fluid, but I can't believe they haven't had pertinent training. If localities do not have the necessary training then the Governor needs to call in the National Guard to maintain order.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Credit given where due - they had the entire scene managed like clock work.

I'm glad to hear that. I fully support peaceful protests, but the violence must end.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson