Can someone explain why the media is pumping up Spencer...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieFanDC

Re: Can someone explain why the media is pumping up Spencer.

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Ummmm...you might want to rethink which website with "millions of viewers" first mentioned Spencer. The Breitbart article was written on March 29 2016. Take a look at the date on this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... e6f8e9ee7c

You see, this narrative trying to tie Trump to white supremacists has been a theme on the left ever since Trump entered the race. And Spencer was just some random racist they found to pump up so they could tie him to Trump.
DC assured me that Spencer was a nobody in Montana (raising rabbits?) before the Breitbart article. Now this Huffpoo piece which was written before the Breitbart article says Spencer has a non-profit in Arlington employing 50 people at the time? That can't be right.
You're not even trying. NPi was HQ'd in Montana, where Spencer lived, from 2013 to 2016. They moved to Arlington in 2016, with Spencer splitting time between MT and VA. He moved to Alexandria in 2017, and apparently belonged to a gym for a short period.
That's a long winded agreement that your post was made up.
Seriously, this is why you are called bullshirt. He moved to VA in 2017. Only you, and maybe one other, would claim that is contrary to me saying he moved after the Breitbart article.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Ummmm...you might want to rethink which website with "millions of viewers" first mentioned Spencer. The Breitbart article was written on March 29 2016. Take a look at the date on this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... e6f8e9ee7c

You see, this narrative trying to tie Trump to white supremacists has been a theme on the left ever since Trump entered the race. And Spencer was just some random racist they found to pump up so they could tie him to Trump.
DC assured me that Spencer was a nobody in Montana (raising rabbits?) before the Breitbart article. Now this Huffpoo piece which was written before the Breitbart article says Spencer has a non-profit in Arlington employing 50 people at the time? That can't be right.
You're not even trying. NPi was HQ'd in Montana, where Spencer lived, from 2013 to 2016. They moved to Arlington in 2016, with Spencer splitting time between MT and VA. He moved to Alexandria in 2017, and apparently belonged to a gym for a short period.
Seriously, this is why you are called bullshirt. He moved to VA in 2017. Only you, and maybe one other, would claim that is contrary to me saying he moved after the Breitbart article.
LOL, you just won't give up, will you. You asserted that he was a nobody living in Montana before the Breitbart article.

Now it's revealed he was running a non-profit employing 50 people in Alexandria (that's actually pretty big) before the article was published, and you want to try and crab walk this argument into "well he technically lived in two states" (that actually undermines your argument more by the way) and try to call *me* dishonest? No, I don't think so.

By the way, the house (6BR on a ranch) he was living in before the Breitbart article is valued at around $3.5M. Not bad for a nobody.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

LOL, you just won't give up, will you. You asserted that he was a nobody living in Montana before the Breitbart article.

Now it's revealed he was running a non-profit employing 50 people in Alexandria (that's actually pretty big) before the article was published, and you want to try and crab walk this argument into "well he technically lived in two states" (that actually undermines your argument more by the way) and try to call *me* dishonest? No, I don't think so.

By the way, the house (6BR on a ranch) he was living in before the Breitbart article is valued at around $3.5M. Not bad for a nobody.
My assertion is that he was a nobody in the national picture. There are lots of millionaires that no one has heard about it, especially those who were born with rich parents.
But, hey, if you want to argue that he was actually a real somebody on the national scene, before the events I laid out, go ahead and do so. Of course, you'll have to reconcile that with the claim that he is a creation of the MSM, and that to you, he was non-existent before Nov. 2016.

Or, we could just end this silliness, since it has nothing to do with the reason that the media is talking about Spencer. That is all related to the Spencer-Breitbart-Bannon-Trump connections.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

You just can't stop conflating arguments. He was unknown To ME until November. He was unknown to just about everyone until the MSM (not Breitbart) started writing articles about him. Yes, he's a creation of the liberal media. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked to learn he's a plant and being paid by the left.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:You just can't stop conflating arguments. He was unknown To ME until November. He was unknown to just about everyone until the MSM (not Breitbart) started writing articles about him. Yes, he's a creation of the liberal media. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked to learn he's a plant and being paid by the left.
That's an awesome conspiracy theory.

I think it's odd that you call a guy who has been a white supremacist for a long time, and who held an event where they nazi saluted the POTUS, is a creation of the left. He is a creation of his own actions. Now, if you want to argue that he's purposely taking actions and saying things to get the MSM to talk about him, then that's probably fair.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:You just can't stop conflating arguments. He was unknown To ME until November. He was unknown to just about everyone until the MSM (not Breitbart) started writing articles about him. Yes, he's a creation of the liberal media. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked to learn he's a plant and being paid by the left.

I think it's odd that you call a guy who has been a white supremacist for a long time, and who held an event where they nazi saluted the POTUS, is a creation of the left. He is a creation of his own actions. Now, if you want to argue that he's purposely taking actions and saying things to get the MSM to talk about him, then that's probably fair.
A plant is not necessarily fake. Never said he didn’t believe that crap, though it could all be fake.

I'm trying to think of a good example of someone else who protests to be a conservative but somehow undermines conservatives at every turn...help me out...

:mrgreen:
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

A plant is not necessarily fake. Never said he didn’t believe that crap, though it could all be fake.

I'm trying to think of a good example of someone else who protests to be a conservative but somehow undermines conservatives at every turn...help me out...

You have a strange fascination with mcmuffin. What did he do to you?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Tried to flip the election to Hillary by running as a stalking horse candidate. No biggie.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: How many white nationalists has he retweeted? Like most adult Americans I'm not on twitter so have no idea
Just one today.
Copy and paste?
Yeah I'm waiting with baited breath for this too. I can't find any references on any libertarian websites, oddly.
You guys can stay ignorant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No IP, I seriously want your help. I've searched all over Cato and Reason where a libertarian like yourself would lurk trying to find this but I can't for some reason. Darn.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mediai ... obiec/amp/

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: No IP, I seriously want your help. I've searched all over Cato and Reason where a libertarian like yourself would lurk trying to find this but I can't for some reason. Darn.

Wait - where's the white supremacist part you promised? Are you telling me 9 people didn't die in Chicago?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Tried to flip the election to Hillary by running as a stalking horse candidate. No biggie.
That explains it...
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: No IP, I seriously want your help. I've searched all over Cato and Reason where a libertarian like yourself would lurk trying to find this but I can't for some reason. Darn.

Wait - where's the white supremacist part you promised? Are you telling me 9 people didn't die in Chicago?
He's one of the guys in this picture Cap'n, but I'm sure you are right and already award you all the internet points. Congrats.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

He's one of the guys in this picture Cap'n, but I'm sure you are right and already award you all the internet points. Congrats.

Yeah, best friends. 30sec on Google...

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Damn, rabble rousing Commie/Nazi pays well.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I think he's a lying douchebag. Glenn Beck was pretty high on him though.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
I think he's a lying douchebag. Glenn Beck was pretty high on him though.
Of course. They both wear the magic underwear.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: DC assured me that Spencer was a nobody in Montana (raising rabbits?) before the Breitbart article. Now this Huffpoo piece which was written before the Breitbart article says Spencer has a non-profit in Arlington employing 50 people at the time? That can't be right.

My assertion is that he was a nobody in the national picture. There are lots of millionaires that no one has heard about it, especially those who were born with rich parents.
But, hey, if you want to argue that he was actually a real somebody on the national scene, before the events I laid out, go ahead and do so. Of course, you'll have to reconcile that with the claim that he is a creation of the MSM, and that to you, he was non-existent before Nov. 2016.

Or, we could just end this silliness, since it has nothing to do with the reason that the media is talking about Spencer. That is all related to the Spencer-Breitbart-Bannon-Trump connections.
He was enough of a somebody to be mentioned in the article to begin with. This may be your most idiotic hole digger of them all.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.