Can someone explain why the media is pumping up Spencer...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieFanDC

Re: Can someone explain why the media is pumping up Spencer.

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Yeah, the Bannon is a nazi" crap is a total nonstarter. BS

Spencer? Duke? If the leftist press didn't bring them up constantly, either would be Bartleby the scrivener right now.
Breitbart was the first large outlet to mention him when they called him an intellectual of the alt-right. This was at a time when the alt-right was supporting Trump. And when you have the head of Breitbart tied closely to Trump, and then have Richard Spencer, a meaningful leader of the alt-right, at a rally where people are giving a Nazi salute and saying "Hail Trump", the connection is there. No, it doesn't mean Bannon is a Nazi, or a racist, but the rise of Richard Spencer would not have happened without the alt-right supporting Trump, Spencer being a leader of that movement, and Spencer having a voice on Breitbart.
Isn't Breitbart a news outlet? So, they mentioned the guy. Does that make Woodward & Bernstein both Gordon Liddy acolytes? You know... they did mention the guy...
WTF are you talking about. I didn't say it made Bannon an acolyte. I said the complete opposite, "it doesn't mean Bannon is a Nazi, or a racist". The discussion is about how Spencer became known, not about Bannon's view, or Trump's views.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Spencer? Duke? If the leftist press didn't bring them up constantly, either would be Bartleby the scrivener right now.
Breitbart was the first large outlet to mention him when they called him an intellectual of the alt-right. This was at a time when the alt-right was supporting Trump. And when you have the head of Breitbart tied closely to Trump, and then have Richard Spencer, a meaningful leader of the alt-right, at a rally where people are giving a Nazi salute and saying "Hail Trump", the connection is there. No, it doesn't mean Bannon is a Nazi, or a racist, but the rise of Richard Spencer would not have happened without the alt-right supporting Trump, Spencer being a leader of that movement, and Spencer having a voice on Breitbart.
Isn't Breitbart a news outlet? So, they mentioned the guy. Does that make Woodward & Bernstein both Gordon Liddy acolytes? You know... they did mention the guy...
The Breitbart article even mentioned he's been accused of racism. That's what MuffinFanDC calls an endorsement.
I didn't say they endorsed him. What I wrote was, "it doesn't mean Bannon is a Nazi, or a racist". You're creating Bullshirt again Cap'n.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: You should talk to Bannon about that. He's the genesis of Spencer's ascendance.
That's utter bullshit.
Spencer was completely unknown until Breitbart had an article about him.

That's a fact, not bullshirt, Cap'n.
No, he was completely unknown until the MSM made him famous in January. I'd never heard of him before then.

Stop peddling crap, McMuffin Man.
You saying you hadn't heard of him isn't relevant evidence. You said you'd never heard of him before, back in Nov. '16. Now, you say you hadn't heard about him until January. You're just repeating your programmed bullshirt, and doing it poorly.

Breitbart knew about him. Milo knew about him. Those are not lightly read, or lightly followed, sources.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/2 ... alt-right/
I'm scoring this as typical DC bullshit.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:A good start would be for Trump to stop retweeting known white nationalists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many white nationalists has he retweeted? Like most adult Americans I'm not on twitter so have no idea
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: You should talk to Bannon about that. He's the genesis of Spencer's ascendance.
That's utter bullshit.

No, he was completely unknown until the MSM made him famous in January. I'd never heard of him before then.

You saying you hadn't heard of him isn't relevant evidence. You said you'd never heard of him before, back in Nov. '16. Now, you say you hadn't heard about him until January. You're just repeating your programmed bullshirt, and doing it poorly.

Breitbart knew about him. Milo knew about him. Those are not lightly read, or lightly followed, sources.

Was it November when the media started beating that drum (I'm sure you have a link for that?) Sorry.

You're either a liar, an imbecile, or both. Egg Mcmuffin is unhinged on his twitter page, I guess that's the genesis of you going full retard.

Your accusation is absurd, but in sync with all the moonbats on the left trying to use C-ville to get Bannon's scalp. I used to disagree with things you posted but would still respect your arguments. Sad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:A good start would be for Trump to stop retweeting known white nationalists.

A good start would be for Trump to stop tweeting
Is there anything that would make you vote for Trump in 2020?
Sure, if he starts acting presidential and repents of his innumerable sins and transgressions, I'd vote for him.

But the guy has been a first-rate buffoon from the beginning. He's an embarrassment to the country and to the party.
"Repents of his numerous sins and transgressions"? Sounds serious. Can you elaborate?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
That's utter bullshit.

You know DC is having a bad day when he's getting his talking points from Maxine Waters :lol: :mrgreen:
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
That's utter bullshit.

Was it November when the media started beating that drum (I'm sure you have a link for that?) Sorry.

You're either a liar, an imbecile, or both. Egg Mcmuffin is unhinged on his twitter page, I guess that's the genesis of you going full retard.

Your accusation is absurd, but in sync with all the moonbats on the left trying to use C-ville to get Bannon's scalp. I used to disagree with things you posted but would still respect your arguments. Sad.

It was November when they were doing nazi salutes to Trump, as Spencer's event. You had a lot to say about that. Sorry you don't remember. So, did you forget, and are an imbecile, or are you lying??

What accusation are you saying is absurd? I haven't accused anyone of anything.

Of the 2 of us, you're the only one who pays attention to Mcmuffin. But you're bizarre like that.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: No, he was completely unknown until the MSM made him famous in January. I'd never heard of him before then.

You know DC is having a bad day when he's getting his talking points from Maxine Waters :lol: :mrgreen:
Here's a simple test Cap'n. Where have I said that, or anything close to that?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: That's utter bullshit.

You know DC is having a bad day when he's getting his talking points from Maxine Waters [emoji38] :mrgreen:
Haha
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:

How many white nationalists has he retweeted? Like most adult Americans I'm not on twitter so have no idea
Just one today.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: It was November when they were doing nazi salutes to Trump, as Spencer's event. You had a lot to say about that. Sorry you don't remember. So, did you forget, and are an imbecile, or are you lying??

Of the 2 of us, you're the only one who pays attention to Mcmuffin. But you're bizarre like that.
Do you have a link? I thought it was in January surrounding the inauguration. This a trivially stupid point you're trying to contest(I'm not, it's irrelevant to my point) - but crab walking over to a new argument is what DC does when he posts silly accusations (see your first post) and is trying to save face.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Did you even read my response?
McEvers does not provide any actual evidence that Bannon or Breitbart share Spencer’s ideas. Moreover, she does not even show that Breitbart has ever published anything supportive of Spencer’s ideas. And — crucially — she does not inform listeners that there is no such evidence.
If there was an article on Breitbart, you should be able to pull up the link.
I'm not sure what you're response has to do with anything. I didn't say Breitbart or Bannon shared Spencer's ideas.
I've posted the article from Breitbart.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: Here's a simple test Cap'n. Where have I said that, or anything close to that?
The only person who calls me "Cap'n" is a troll from NYC who provides nothing constructive to any discussion outside of sports occasionally. Is this your new persona?
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

DC doin' the damn thang. Keep it up. [emoji106]

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: It was November when they were doing nazi salutes to Trump, as Spencer's event. You had a lot to say about that. Sorry you don't remember. So, did you forget, and are an imbecile, or are you lying??

Do you have a link? I thought it was in January surrounding the inauguration. This a trivially stupid point you're trying to contest(I'm not, it's irrelevant to my point) - but crab walking over to a new argument is what DC does when he posts silly accusations (see your first post) and is trying to save face.
Give it a break.

Your argument about the relation between Breitbart (Bannon), Spencer, and Trump was that you had never heard of Spencer until January. I was responding to your ridiculous and incorrect argument.

You are crab walking because you can't deny that Breitbart was the first to publish an article about Spencer and the alt-right, that Bannon specifically said he was giving a voice to the alt-right, that the alt-right supported Trump, and that they nazi saluted to Trump at Spencer's rally.

Those are facts.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Here's a simple test Cap'n. Where have I said that, or anything close to that?
The only person who calls me "Cap'n" is a troll from NYC who provides nothing constructive to any discussion outside of sports occasionally. Is this your new persona?
You're failing the test. You can't misdirect yourself out of this. Where did I say that the WH is full of white supremacists. I tell you that you make up crap all the time, which is why you have the name Cap'n Bullshirt.
You're earning your name once again.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: I'm not sure what you're response has to do with anything. I didn't say Breitbart or Bannon shared Spencer's ideas.
I've posted the article from Breitbart.
Oh look, it's more DC word games.

See guys, he didn't say they shared Spencer's specific ideas, just that Bannon was solely responsible for promoting a white separatist who attended the C-ville rally [and thus white separatists supporters are in the White House and Trump is personally responsible for that girl's death].

Never mind that's a load of horse shirt and lots of jews somehow work for white separatist Breitbart.
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:DC doin' the damn thang. Keep it up. [emoji106]

The dreaded Nolan approval. DC knows he's wrong now.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Give it a break.

Your argument about the relation between Breitbart (Bannon), Spencer, and Trump was that you had never heard of Spencer until January. I was responding to your ridiculous and incorrect argument.

You are crab walking because you can't deny that Breitbart was the first to publish an article about Spencer and the alt-right, that Bannon specifically said he was giving a voice to the alt-right, that the alt-right supported Trump, and that they nazi saluted to Trump at Spencer's rally.

Those are facts.
They called him a racist and didn't support him.

[emoji90] [emoji90]
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Just one today.
Copy and paste?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
You're failing the test. You can't misdirect yourself out of this. Where did I say that the WH is full of white supremacists. I tell you that you make up crap all the time, which is why you have the name Cap'n Bullshirt.
You're earning your name once again.
This isn't hard. Her Twitter post (and others like it, there are a slew of quotes from her) is drawn from the same stupid argument you're making which originates in the same stupid Breitbart article. All claims of Bannon's racism go back to Spencer and that one article written for "Breitbart tech" where he was briefly mentioned.

If you want to call me a liar, kindly point out something I've lied about or STFU. Until then, you're the Evan McMullen of UWS...hence... MuffinFanDC.
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Give it a break.

Those are facts.
Show some honesty. I said I had never heard of him until the MSM made him famous, which was the silly convention attended by 30 folks (half of them reporters) in DC. I thought it was surrounding the inauguration, but the specific month is immaterial. Still waiting for a link.

If really want to save face, just man up and admit your first post was stupid.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Just one today.
Copy and paste?
Yeah I'm waiting with baited breath for this too. I can't find any references on any libertarian websites, oddly.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Just one today.
Copy and paste?
Yeah I'm waiting with baited breath for this too. I can't find any references on any libertarian websites, oddly.
You guys can stay ignorant.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.