Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Trump nails it

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:quote="cwtcr hokie"]
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Lots of violence. And a whole lot of aholes chanting about ethnic cleansing.

Luckily, it was a small enough group that the cops were able to shut them down before it got to the level of the Saturday rally.
Your posts are all silly conjecture. Let me know when you want to have a rational discussion.

You've described yourself as a Yankee in the past. You appear to be extremely vested in the President's success.

Do you think defending the rebel flag, and the confederacy in general, is a worthy stand for this president? How much is this cause really worth to you?
Trump is not defending the rebel flag or the confederacy in general. Why do you continue to make stuff up?
My bad. Fake news. Fake Trump giving a fake news conference.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/15/trump-n ... cists.html
please tell me exactly what Trump said that was not factual, one side had a permit, one side did not. There were normal people on both sides and there were extremist on both sides. Please do tell what is actually not true, every word he said was fact....just hard for some to take. A politician actually telling it like it is, I know shocking
My point, cleetus, is merely that it surprises my Trump would be willing to take so much heat to defend silly rednecks who like the rebel flag. The rebel flag is repulsive, as are the stinking, poor white trash who support the rebel flag.[/quote]

my point dork is Trump never defended the KKK or rebel flag, lets talk facts. The folks that oppose the monument (purpose of the demonstration in support of it) physically attacked the monument supporters as the counter protest does not beleive anyone but them has the right to protest anything and if you say something that they disagree with you must be shut down. One group had a permit and one did not, once attacked both side participated in the violence. Nobody is supporting the KKK or white supremacist, but EVERYONE should support the right of an american to protest and enjoy free speech.... OR else every BLM protest should never occur[/quote]

Defending poor white trash who defend the confederacy is defending the confederacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Defending poor white trash who defend the confederacy is defending the confederacy.

I'll mark you down as another violent liberal asshole then.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieJoe wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:[
Both are bad for the country. Both are fringe groups. But they aren't equivalent, or different sides of the same coin.
Only one group is taking on the persona of groups that tried to erase an entire race, and that worked to deprive blacks of all their rights in the US, including murdering and beating them.

Maybe you think anarchists are the same as nazis, and the kkk. I don't.
Only one group is literally calling for people to be killed. How can you be so obstinately dense on this?

Your argument is literally "because...swastika!"
Why do you think someone would wear a swastika, or carry a nazi flag, or chant blood and soil? All those things have only one thing in common, they represent the killing of millions of jews in the name of white supremacy. The argument "because...swastika" is pretty good, because if you choose to wear it, you are proudly telling the world you agree with Hitler. If you don't agree with Hitler, then you shouldn't wear his symbols. It's that freaking symbol.
Same with the KKK.

And I know you keep arguing about killing cops. Yes, that's awful, and all those people should be arrested and criticized.

But, in historical perspective, you can't equate the actions of the Nazis and the KKK, with groups like antifa or blm. Well, maybe you can.
LOL, We've come full circle back to your stupid intergenerational guilt argument. Guess what, based on your own dumbarse standard, that makes the folks carrying the hammer and sickle worse.

One more time: they're the same. Neither is better/worse. You sound like McMuffin's Twitter feed.
Got it. Ignore historical meanings, and act like the world started a year ago. That's stupid IMO.

There is no right to visit violence on others who are exercising their right to free speech. It's really simple.
OK. I agree, what's your point?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

OK. I got you down as losing on this issue, again.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Defending poor white trash who defend the confederacy is defending the confederacy.

No, it's defending their 1st Amendment rights.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

You're not a winner by attacking people at rallies.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Both are bad for the country. Both are fringe groups. But they aren't equivalent, or different sides of the same coin.
Only one group is taking on the persona of groups that tried to erase an entire race, and that worked to deprive blacks of all their rights in the US, including murdering and beating them.

Only one group is literally calling for people to be killed. How can you be so obstinately dense on this?

Why do you think someone would wear a swastika, or carry a nazi flag, or chant blood and soil? All those things have only one thing in common, they represent the killing of millions of jews in the name of white supremacy. The argument "because...swastika" is pretty good, because if you choose to wear it, you are proudly telling the world you agree with Hitler. If you don't agree with Hitler, then you shouldn't wear his symbols. It's that freaking symbol.
Same with the KKK.

And I know you keep arguing about killing cops. Yes, that's awful, and all those people should be arrested and criticized.

But, in historical perspective, you can't equate the actions of the Nazis and the KKK, with groups like antifa or blm. Well, maybe you can.
LOL, We've come full circle back to your stupid intergenerational guilt argument. Guess what, based on your own dumbarse standard, that makes the folks carrying the hammer and sickle worse.

One more time: they're the same. Neither is better/worse. You sound like McMuffin's Twitter feed.
Got it. Ignore historical meanings, and act like the world started a year ago. That's stupid IMO.
you do realize nobody is saying be a nazi or espouse the nazi theories, and nobody is saying that the morons in nazi crap or kkk crap or screaming about white nationalist stuff is to be supported

problem you have is anyone in america has a right to be dumb and to voice that, Trump nor anyone here has supported the junk but if you do not think those people should not be allowed to protest something then in a couple of minutes when the BLM/Antifa starts protesting they should be shut down immediately as not many people support their balogney either
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:You're hung up on historical symbols. Over the last 5 years, BLM and Antifa have killed more people than the KKK. They're also violent at their rallies.
Yep.

The obvious solution here is for the white separatists to change their slogan to a panda bear. That would make them A-OK in DC's book.
That's moronic. Changing their slogans would mean that they had different goals and ideas, which would make them different.
Didn't we just cover that? They're really just progressives supporting the science based eugenics program.

Cool. Then why did they choose swastikas and nazi chants?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:You're hung up on historical symbols. Over the last 5 years, BLM and Antifa have killed more people than the KKK. They're also violent at their rallies.
Yep.

The obvious solution here is for the white separatists to change their slogan to a panda bear. That would make them A-OK in DC's book.
That's moronic. Changing their slogans would mean that they had different goals and ideas, which would make them different.
Didn't we just cover that? They're really just progressives supporting the science based eugenics program.

cause people have a right to be morons
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Same with the KKK.

These folks (both sides) are all retards who are upset because they can't compete in the world. There's one picture where three folks have fasces symbols on shields, and all three of them are oriented in different directions (all wrong I believe, too). Trying to ascribe in-depth understanding of the historical significance of these symbols, slogans, or whatnot is retarded.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Yep.

Because they also had a eugenics program. They could have just as easily picked the Planned Parenthood flag.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Yep.

Because they also had a eugenics program. They could have just as easily picked the Planned Parenthood flag.
Nice one!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Yep.

Nice one!
It's funny because it's true. That's the aspect of Nazism they're getting at.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Same with the KKK.

These folks (both sides) are all retards who are upset because they can't compete in the world. There's one picture where three folks have fasces symbols on shields, and all three of them are oriented in different directions (all wrong I believe, too). Trying to ascribe in-depth understanding of the historical significance of these symbols, slogans, or whatnot is retarded.
I'm pretty sure it requires just a basic understanding to know what they mean.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Decent piece by Ben Shapiro on this. We should not tolerate violence no matter what side it comes from. You can't say this person's violence is worse than this other person's because this person is a Nazi. Actions are far more consequential than evil thoughts and evil words.

========================================================

The Group That Got Ignored in Charlottesville
By Ben Shapiro
August 16, 2017 5 min read

The "alt-right" is evil. White supremacism is evil. Neo-Nazism is evil.

I've been saying these things my entire career; I've spent more than a year slamming various factions on the right that refuse to disassociate from and condemn popularizers of the racist alt-right. The media, too, have spent inordinate time covering the rise of the alt-right and tacit acquiescence to it from White House chief strategist Steve Bannon and President Trump. So when an alt-right piece of human debris drove a car at 40 mph into a crowd of protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, last Saturday, injuring 19 people and killing a 32-year-old woman, the level of scrutiny on the alt-right forced Trump to condemn various alt-right groups by name.

Good.

But the media have remained largely silent about another group: Antifa. Antifa is a loosely connected band of anti-capitalist protesters generally on the far left who dub themselves "anti-fascist" after their compatriots in Europe. They've been around in the United States since the 1990s, protesting globalization and burning trash cans at World Trade Organization meetings. But they've kicked into high gear over the past two years: They engaged in vandalism in violence, forcing the cancelation of a speech by alt-right popularizer Milo Yiannopoulos at the University of California, Berkeley; a few months later, they attacked alt-right demonstrators in Berkeley; they attacked alt-right demonstrators in Sacramento, California, leading to a bloody street fight; they threw projectiles at police during President Trump's inauguration; they attacked pro-Trump free-speech demonstrators in Seattle last weekend. They always label their opponents "fascists" in order to justify their violence.

In Charlottesville, Antifa engaged in street violence with the alt-right racists. As in Weimar, Germany, fascists flying the swastika engaged in hand-to-hand combat with Antifa members flying the communist red. And yet, the media declared that any negative coverage granted to Antifa would detract from the obvious evils of the alt-right. Sheryl Gay Stolberg of The New York Times tweeted in the midst of the violence, "The hard left seemed as hate-filled as alt-right. I saw club-wielding 'antifa' beating white nationalists being led out of the park." After receiving blowback from the left, Stolberg then corrected herself. She said: "Rethinking this. Should have said violent, not hate-filled. They were standing up to hate."

Or perhaps Antifa is a hateful group itself. But that wouldn't fit the convenient narrative Antifa promotes and the media buy: that the sole threat to the republic comes from the racist right. Perhaps that's why the media ignored the events in Sacramento and Berkeley and Seattle — to point out the evils of Antifa might detract from the evils of the alt-right.

That sort of biased coverage only engenders more militancy from the alt-right, which feels it must demonstrate openly and repeatedly to "stand up to Antifa." Which, of course, prompts Antifa to violence.

Here's the moral solution, as always: Condemn violence and evil wherever it occurs. The racist philosophy of the alt-right is evil. The violence of the alt-right is evil. The communist philosophy of Antifa is evil. So is the violence of Antifa. If we are to survive as a republic, we must call out Nazis but not punch them; we must stop providing cover to anarchists and communists who seek to hide behind self-proclaimed righteousness to participate in violence. Otherwise, we won't be an honest or a free society.

Ben Shapiro, 33, is a graduate of UCLA and Harvard Law School, host of "The Ben Shapiro Show" and editor-in-chief of DailyWire.com. He is The New York Times best-selling author of "Bullies." He lives with his wife and two children in Los Angeles. To find out more about Ben Shapiro and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate website at www.creators.com.

https://www.creators.com/read/ben-shapi ... ottesville

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Decent piece by Ben Shapiro on this. We should not tolerate violence no matter what side it comes from. You can't say this person's violence is worse than this other person's because this person is a Nazi. Actions are far more consequential than evil thoughts and evil words.

========================================================

The Group That Got Ignored in Charlottesville
By Ben Shapiro
August 16, 2017 5 min read

The "alt-right" is evil. White supremacism is evil. Neo-Nazism is evil.

I've been saying these things my entire career; I've spent more than a year slamming various factions on the right that refuse to disassociate from and condemn popularizers of the racist alt-right. The media, too, have spent inordinate time covering the rise of the alt-right and tacit acquiescence to it from White House chief strategist Steve Bannon and President Trump. So when an alt-right piece of human debris drove a car at 40 mph into a crowd of protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, last Saturday, injuring 19 people and killing a 32-year-old woman, the level of scrutiny on the alt-right forced Trump to condemn various alt-right groups by name.

Good.

But the media have remained largely silent about another group: Antifa. Antifa is a loosely connected band of anti-capitalist protesters generally on the far left who dub themselves "anti-fascist" after their compatriots in Europe. They've been around in the United States since the 1990s, protesting globalization and burning trash cans at World Trade Organization meetings. But they've kicked into high gear over the past two years: They engaged in vandalism in violence, forcing the cancelation of a speech by alt-right popularizer Milo Yiannopoulos at the University of California, Berkeley; a few months later, they attacked alt-right demonstrators in Berkeley; they attacked alt-right demonstrators in Sacramento, California, leading to a bloody street fight; they threw projectiles at police during President Trump's inauguration; they attacked pro-Trump free-speech demonstrators in Seattle last weekend. They always label their opponents "fascists" in order to justify their violence.

In Charlottesville, Antifa engaged in street violence with the alt-right racists. As in Weimar, Germany, fascists flying the swastika engaged in hand-to-hand combat with Antifa members flying the communist red. And yet, the media declared that any negative coverage granted to Antifa would detract from the obvious evils of the alt-right. Sheryl Gay Stolberg of The New York Times tweeted in the midst of the violence, "The hard left seemed as hate-filled as alt-right. I saw club-wielding 'antifa' beating white nationalists being led out of the park." After receiving blowback from the left, Stolberg then corrected herself. She said: "Rethinking this. Should have said violent, not hate-filled. They were standing up to hate."

Or perhaps Antifa is a hateful group itself. But that wouldn't fit the convenient narrative Antifa promotes and the media buy: that the sole threat to the republic comes from the racist right. Perhaps that's why the media ignored the events in Sacramento and Berkeley and Seattle — to point out the evils of Antifa might detract from the evils of the alt-right.

That sort of biased coverage only engenders more militancy from the alt-right, which feels it must demonstrate openly and repeatedly to "stand up to Antifa." Which, of course, prompts Antifa to violence.

Here's the moral solution, as always: Condemn violence and evil wherever it occurs. The racist philosophy of the alt-right is evil. The violence of the alt-right is evil. The communist philosophy of Antifa is evil. So is the violence of Antifa. If we are to survive as a republic, we must call out Nazis but not punch them; we must stop providing cover to anarchists and communists who seek to hide behind self-proclaimed righteousness to participate in violence. Otherwise, we won't be an honest or a free society.

Ben Shapiro, 33, is a graduate of UCLA and Harvard Law School, host of "The Ben Shapiro Show" and editor-in-chief of DailyWire.com. He is The New York Times best-selling author of "Bullies." He lives with his wife and two children in Los Angeles. To find out more about Ben Shapiro and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate website at http://www.creators.com.

https://www.creators.com/read/ben-shapi ... ottesville
Nazi sympathizer.

:P
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

You guys need to let the country club Republicans take over again, the racist necks have destroyed the party and smell like body odor.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

You guys need to let the country club Republicans take over again, the racist necks have destroyed the party and smell like body odor.

They're Planned Parenthood with a better accent.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Has DC called Ben Shapiro a Nazi yet?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:Has DC called Ben Shapiro a Nazi yet?
Have I called anyone who's not a Nazi, a Nazi?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

I like how they think right wingers supported the Nazis and are Nazis now. At the same time, partner in eugenics Margaret Sanger isn't a Nazi. They're ignorant fools.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
I like how they think right wingers supported the Nazis and are Nazis now. At the same time, partner in eugenics Margaret Sanger isn't a Nazi. They're ignorant fools.
What pisses me off is that he was on here a few weeks ago basically saying that anyone who voted for Trump was "alt right."

I knew right then that he was trying to use retard math to equate Trump voters to this Spencer dumbarse...ergo, all Trump voters are white supremacists.

Personally, I think he's just trying to make excuses for voting for Egg Mcmuffin, the democrat plant and election spoiler. "Well, it was either the fake republican or the Nazi...what could I do?"
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
What pisses me off is that he was on here a few weeks ago basically saying that anyone who voted for Trump was "alt right."

I knew right then that he was trying to use retard math to equate Trump voters to this Spencer dumbarse...ergo, all Trump voters are white supremacists.

Personally, I think he's just trying to make excuses for voting for Egg Mcmuffin, the democrat plant and election spoiler. "Well, it was either the fake republican or the Nazi...what could I do?"

If I had more time, I would do a stock-type chart of Trump's popularity rating, annotated to show events in which Trump "nailed it" as per the UWS Usuals.

https://www.bustle.com/p/trumps-approva ... been-76554

The dreaded Usual +1.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

If I had more time, I would do a stock-type chart of Trump's popularity rating, annotated to show events in which Trump "nailed it" as per the UWS Usuals.

https://www.bustle.com/p/trumps-approva ... been-76554

The dreaded Usual +1.
Not sure what this has to do with the thread. Am I supposed to be worried that his approval is higher today than when he was elected president?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

That's truly awesome.
You're getting pissed off at your own lies. I never said anything even remotely close to that. You have a bizarre mental disorder where you can make yourself believe anything.
I don't have any cognitive dissonance voting for mcmuffin. You're the only who seems to not be able to deal with it.