Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Trump nails it

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: That's truly awesome.
You're getting pissed off at your own lies. I never said anything even remotely close to that. You have a bizarre mental disorder where you can make yourself believe anything.
I don't have any cognitive dissonance voting for mcmuffin. You're the only who seems to not be able to deal with it.
This whole thread turned into a purse fight because you took umbrage at Trump using the term "alt left and alt right" - because it somehow minimized all the nazis and skinheads who make up the alt right.

My post yesterday (with links) did a good job of pointing out how you and Uprising were trying to call people on this site "alt right" over a year ago for posting memes.

So yeah, it's pretty clear, but whatever gets you through the night MuffinFanDC....
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Has DC called Ben Shapiro a Nazi yet?
I like how they think right wingers supported the Nazis and are Nazis now. At the same time, partner in eugenics Margaret Sanger isn't a Nazi. They're ignorant fools.
What pisses me off is that he was on here a few weeks ago basically saying that anyone who voted for Trump was "alt right."

I knew right then that he was trying to use retard math to equate Trump voters to this Spencer dumbarse...ergo, all Trump voters are white supremacists.

Personally, I think he's just trying to make excuses for voting for Egg Mcmuffin, the democrat plant and election spoiler. "Well, it was either the fake republican or the Nazi...what could I do?"

If I had more time, I would do a stock-type chart of Trump's popularity rating, annotated to show events in which Trump "nailed it" as per the UWS Usuals.

https://www.bustle.com/p/trumps-approva ... been-76554

The dreaded Usual +1.
Not sure what this has to do with the thread. Am I supposed to be worried that his approval is higher today than when he was elected president?
In what universe is that the case, Cap'n? You wouldn't bullshit me, would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
You're getting pissed off at your own lies. I never said anything even remotely close to that. You have a bizarre mental disorder where you can make yourself believe anything.
I don't have any cognitive dissonance voting for mcmuffin. You're the only who seems to not be able to deal with it.
This whole thread turned into a purse fight because you took umbrage at Trump using the term "alt left and alt right" - because it somehow minimized all the nazis and skinheads who make up the alt right.

My post yesterday (with links) did a good job of pointing out how you and Uprising were trying to call people on this site "alt right" over a year ago for posting memes.

So yeah, it's pretty clear, but whatever gets you through the night MuffinFanDC....
I thought him using the term alt-left was terrificly silly b/c he had just demande that someone define what the alt-right is (something we've had a thread about and in which I said there was not a set definition of alt-right), and then used the term alt-left, which has even less of a definitive description than the alt-right. It was highly amusing.

As for your second part, like I said, your own lies are making you butthurt.

I said that there are certain characteristics that you see from the alt-right, and that there are "some posters" on this board that do those same things.

Somehow, you turned that into "basically saying that anyone who voted for Trump was "alt right."

Only to you does, "some posters" ="basically saying that anyone who voted for Trump was "alt right."

I don't think any of HokieJoe, HokieHam, cwtcr, Vienna, Upstate, Polytech, numbershokie, RiverGuy, Bay Area, CW, CFB, or CFB-Apologist, is alt right or a nazi.
I don't think Trump or his son or Bannon is a nazi or alt-right.
I don't think you're a Nazi, and probably not alt-right, but who knows. I'm pretty sure you read a lot of stuff from alt-right folks.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
I like how they think right wingers supported the Nazis and are Nazis now. At the same time, partner in eugenics Margaret Sanger isn't a Nazi. They're ignorant fools.
What pisses me off is that he was on here a few weeks ago basically saying that anyone who voted for Trump was "alt right."

I knew right then that he was trying to use retard math to equate Trump voters to this Spencer dumbarse...ergo, all Trump voters are white supremacists.

Personally, I think he's just trying to make excuses for voting for Egg Mcmuffin, the democrat plant and election spoiler. "Well, it was either the fake republican or the Nazi...what could I do?"

If I had more time, I would do a stock-type chart of Trump's popularity rating, annotated to show events in which Trump "nailed it" as per the UWS Usuals.

The dreaded Usual +1.
Not sure what this has to do with the thread. Am I supposed to be worried that his approval is higher today than when he was elected president?

I wouldn't shirt you IP, you're my favorite turd.

He's at 37.3% according to 538.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/

He was at 37% at the election (I remember lower but this is all I can find)

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/d ... oll-231694

Yawn.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I thought him using the term alt-left was terrificly silly b/c he had just demande that someone define what the alt-right is (something we've had a thread about and in which I said there was not a set definition of alt-right), and then used the term alt-left, which has even less of a definitive description than the alt-right. It was highly amusing.

I said that there are certain characteristics that you see from the alt-right, and that there are "some posters" on this board that do those same things.

Somehow, you turned that into "basically saying that anyone who voted for Trump was "alt right."

Only to you does, "some posters" ="basically saying that anyone who voted for Trump was "alt right."

I don't think any of HokieJoe, HokieHam, cwtcr, Vienna, Upstate, Polytech, numbershokie, RiverGuy, Bay Area, CW, CFB, or CFB-Apologist, is alt right or a nazi.
I don't think you're a Nazi, and probably not alt-right, but who knows. I'm pretty sure you read a lot of stuff from alt-right folks.
You "don't think...but who knows" I'm a Nazi. That's sweet.

Pray tell, what alt right stuff do I read?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I like how they think right wingers supported the Nazis and are Nazis now. At the same time, partner in eugenics Margaret Sanger isn't a Nazi. They're ignorant fools.

The dreaded Usual +1.

Yawn.
Got it Cap'n! You could have used the same graph and looked at the slope of the line - but using two graphs is pretty high level.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

The dreaded Usual +1.

Yawn.
Got it Cap'n! You could have used the same graph and looked at the slope of the line - but using two graphs is pretty high level.

The one I'm looking at on my phone starts at inauguration day, poindexter.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

The dreaded Usual +1.

Is this the same polling which predicted your girlfriend Hillary would win?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Damn it, now Newt Gingrich is an alt-right Nazi.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You "don't think...but who knows" I'm a Nazi. That's sweet.

I'm a sweet guy. CW's clients tell me that all the time.

Not sure what you read, but I'd guess 4chan alt right boards at a min. You've posted stuff from truthrevolt.
Maybe gatewaypundit stuff. You loved using cuck for a while. You post a lot of whackadoodle memes.

Or you could just say that you don't read any alt right stuff.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: You "don't think...but who knows" I'm a Nazi. That's sweet.

Not sure what you read, but I'd guess 4chan alt right boards at a min. You've posted stuff from truthrevolt.
Maybe gatewaypundit stuff. You loved using cuck for a while. You post a lot of whackadoodle memes.

:lol:

4chan? I've never been on 4chan in my life, and I'm guessing you haven't either. I've never been on any of the websites you listed, in fact. Gatewaypundit was decent like 10yrs ago, but has really fallen off the wagon.

I do like the term cuck, it's a great descriptor. I've been trying to be more civil lately but I'll use it where and when warranted.

Memes are a hilarious and effective way of succinctly making an argument and (most importantly) embarrassing /mocking the left. The left works on emotion and feeds off of the sensibilities of the right, so something which tells them they're petulant little shirts is always appropriate. If that makes someone alt right, I guess HooFighter is alt right. He was using them before anyone else.

Bottom line, you have no idea what you're talking about...but we all knew you had judgment issues when you voted for mcmuffin.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: You "don't think...but who knows" I'm a Nazi. That's sweet.

:lol:

4chan? I've never been on 4chan in my life, and I'm guessing you haven't either. I've never been on any of the websites you listed, in fact. Gatewaypundit was decent like 10yrs ago, but has really fallen off the wagon.

I do like the term cuck, it's a great descriptor. I've been trying to be more civil lately but I'll use it where and when warranted.

Memes are a hilarious and effective way of succinctly making an argument and (most importantly) embarrassing /mocking the left. The left works on emotion and feeds off of the sensibilities of the right, so something which tells them they're petulant little shirts is always appropriate. If that makes someone alt right, I guess HooFighter is alt right. He was using them before anyone else.

Bottom line, you have no idea what you're talking about...but we all knew you had judgment issues when you voted for mcmuffin.

Well, hoofighter is something else, for sure. Not sure why you want to put yourself in the same category as hoof, but if you want to join hands in solidarity with him, go for it!

As for judgment, if you think voting for Trump displays good judgment, you're not one to being throwing stones.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

The dreaded Usual +1.

Yawn.

And it's been going up?

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: Well, hoofighter is something else, for sure. Not sure why you want to put yourself in the same category as hoof, but if you want to join hands in solidarity with him, go for it!

As for judgment, if you think voting for Trump displays good judgment, you're not one to being throwing stones.
Yeah, that totally puts me in solidarity with Hoof. :roll:

As for Trump, you still don't get him...or understand what the problem with our government is which he was elected to fix. Electing folks like McCain and Romney is the same path towards big government that Obama and Hillary are...just in the slow lane. Hell, Romney was just quoted as saying antifa is anti-violence or some nonsense.

Ramping up towards the 2008 election, lefties and libertarians on UWS used to always say that R and D were two sides of the same coin. The comment cut deep because...there was a lot of truth to it. Government was on a glidepath towards ever increasing size, scope, and spending - and it didn't seem like there was any light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't think anyone would argue that Trump has broken that stereotype. In my opinion, he's the only chance we have to change that glidepath (In large part, we have Obama to thank for that). The problem is that there is a "political industrial complex" invested in the status quo. Right now, it's thrashing about doing everything it can to slow him down. Legislatively, it's been pretty effective. Im not sure it will slow down until after the mid terms.

2016 was about more than electing a personality, though. It wasn't R vs. D (hence why he picked up a lot of blue states), it was cultural. Globalism vs. Nationalism. Whether we follow the path of Western European countries, or forge our own. For or against political correctness, victim hood, and all that crap.

You see Trump as a bull in a China shop. I do too. The difference is that I want him to break every goddamn thing in that China shop, whereas you're interested in preserving it. If that's "conservatism", I don't want anything to do with it.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Yawn.

And it's been going up?

It's following the same trajectory as every president before him, but now you're asking a different question.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Well, hoofighter is something else, for sure. Not sure why you want to put yourself in the same category as hoof, but if you want to join hands in solidarity with him, go for it!

As for Trump, you still don't get him...or understand what the problem with our government is which he was elected to fix. Electing folks like McCain and Romney is the same path towards big government that Obama and Hillary are...just in the slow lane. Hell, Romney was just quoted as saying antifa is anti-violence or some nonsense.

Ramping up towards the 2008 election, lefties and libertarians on UWS used to always say that R and D were two sides of the same coin. The comment cut deep because...there was a lot of truth to it. Government was on a glidepath towards ever increasing size, scope, and spending - and it didn't seem like there was any light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't think anyone would argue that Trump has broken that stereotype. In my opinion, he's the only chance we have to change that glidepath (In large part, we have Obama to thank for that). The problem is that there is a "political industrial complex" invested in the status quo. Right now, it's thrashing about doing everything it can to slow him down. Legislatively, it's been pretty effective. Im not sure it will slow down until after the mid terms.

2016 was about more than electing a personality, though. It wasn't R vs. D (hence why he picked up a lot of blue states), it was cultural. Globalism vs. Nationalism. Whether we follow the path of Western European countries, or forge our own. For or against political correctness, victim hood, and all that crap.

You see Trump as a bull in a China shop. I do too. The difference is that I want him to break every goddamn thing in that China shop, whereas you're interested in preserving it. If that's "conservatism", I don't want anything to do with it.

If Romney said that, he's a liar or an ignoramus. The video evidence and news accounts have already documented their violence. Hell, they don't even deny their desire for violence.

And yep on 'conservatism'. Taking it up the tail-pipe from China has nothing to do with the 'free market' in principle or in fact. And that's exactly what this sudden exodus of companies from Trump's counsel is about. They are pissed off about his position on China. Walmart's ceO is an especially ironic detractor talking about Charlottesville (like that has a anything thing to do with their balance sheets). Nope, this is about the 90% of Chinese manufactured junk on their store shelves.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:

I don't want to preserve it, but it would be better if he had a little more precision and strategy to his rampage. Someone with his policies, combined with some semblance of tact and self awareness, would be much better. There wasn't anyone like that.
IMO, he'd be much more successful if he could take a critical view of the things he says, and the way he speaks to, and about people.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieJoe wrote: If Romney said that, he's a liar or an ignoramus. The video evidence and news accounts have already documented their violence. Hell, they don't even deny their desire for violence.

And yep on 'conservatism'. Taking it up the tail-pipe from China has nothing to do with the 'free market' in principle or in fact. And that's exactly what this sudden exodus of companies from Trump's counsel is about. They are pissed off about his position on China. Walmart's ceO is an especially ironic detractor talking about Charlottesville (like that has a anything thing to do with their balance sheets). Nope, this is about the 90% of Chinese manufactured junk on their store shelves.
He did say it. Here's his tweet. And if you click on it you'll see he was roundly roasted for it.
I still think Mitt would have been a decent President (a much needed upgrade over Obama), but man he's been such a disappointment since he lost. He's proven that he really is a man of the GOP establishment. On a RINO scale of 1 to 10 (where McCain is a 10), he's about a 7.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

HTF did I get drawn into this pursefight?
#JusticeForNolan
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I don't want to preserve it, but it would be better if he had a little more precision and strategy to his rampage. Someone with his policies, combined with some semblance of tact and self awareness, would be much better. There wasn't anyone like that.
IMO, he'd be much more successful if he could take a critical view of the things he says, and the way he speaks to, and about people.
That's just it, though. That's the value in conservatives which the left takes advantage of. Will it stop them? Hell no. Mitt Romney is probably the most docile, fair man to run for election in my lifetime. What did the left do? They characterized him as a misogynist with binders full of women who destroyed peoples' jobs and may have received sexual gratification from forcibly cutting a kid's hair in prep school. They're little emotional children who form opinions based on emotions first, then try to create justifications later.

To me and a lot of Trump voters, a President who doesn't spout focus-group'd bullshirt from a teleprompter 24/7 is refreshing. Trump says what he means and means what he says.

As for "precision and strategy", I think that goes back to a congress which is more interested in preserving itself rather than working with him - and the media which has essentially declared war on him. Obama had both of those entities bending over backwards to support him. Look at the one Congressman who told Obama that he lied (he was right, by the way) - Trump is called a liar by elected officials on a daily basis.

Societies have followed a trend of rise and fall since recorded history began. Our society is at that inflection point IMO - where we decide if we want to eat ourselves or turn the tide. The Romans saw it, but politicians and the people didn't have the willpower to do anything about it. Maybe this time is different. Maybe not. Issues like destroying history are worth fighting for though. It's barbaric, irrational, and it won't stop until these emotional little children have destroyed everything. They should be called out for what they are, and it should be offensive to them.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: In what universe is that the case, Cap'n? You wouldn't bullshit me, would you?

Yawn.

And it's been going up?

It's following the same trajectory as every president before him, but now you're asking a different question.
If you want to know why I don't more spend time substantively responding to your posts, this is why. You are full of excrement.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote: If Romney said that, he's a liar or an ignoramus. The video evidence and news accounts have already documented their violence. Hell, they don't even deny their desire for violence.

He did say it. Here's his tweet. And if you click on it you'll see he was roundly roasted for it.
I still think Mitt would have been a decent President (a much needed upgrade over Obama), but man he's been such a disappointment since he lost. He's proven that he really is a man of the GOP establishment. On a RINO scale of 1 to 10 (where McCain is a 10), he's about a 7.
He'll attack Trump, but was afraid to say anything about Obama. He's a cowardly hater.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

He'll attack Trump, but was afraid to say anything about Obama. He's a cowardly hater.
You guys are turning on everyone.

A Fox News Host Attacks Trump, and Some Viewers Bristle - The New York Times
https://apple.news/A_3S2jTNqRPa-GNFbcD62rQ